Author Topic: 8 player head to head  (Read 1247 times)

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
8 player head to head
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:25:25 AM »
Never used that feature of the game and saw in the announcements they were thinking of bringing it back. Looks like a good place to set up some mini furballs and get some practice in with some squaddies. Is it the kind of setup that you can connect over a lan or did you have to have internet connection to use it? Want to get a lan party going with some friends if they bring this feature back. nitro

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: 8 player head to head
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
I'd assume it'd be LAN/regular internet but for paying members only.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »
Were you able to play over a lab when they still had it?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »
It used to allow lan play.... not sure if the new setup they are speaking of will do so too. H2H was good for little get-togethers. It was also excellent for testing terrains amongst several folks and machines. While it is possible to test terrains offline it takes an inordinate amount of time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »
I seriously hope they bring it back.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:47:23 AM »
What I remember of H2H was that there was a lot of hackers in there. One being TA57 who was the best F4U pilot I thought I ever saw. Once he got into the main after H2H he was noting but mediocre at best.

Many of the H2H guys abused the privileges and I have no remorse in saying I'm glad they are gone and only now dribble into the main.

If HTC fixes it so H2H won't be full of holes I would say yes... bring it back

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 03:20:48 AM »
What I remember of H2H was that there was a lot of hackers in there. One being TA57 who was the best F4U pilot I thought I ever saw. Once he got into the main after H2H he was noting but mediocre at best.

Many of the H2H guys abused the privileges and I have no remorse in saying I'm glad they are gone and only now dribble into the main.

TA57 lol... He and all the other H2H people moved into DA furball. They have some sort of squad called TA's something something, they fly around at alt in furball and generally lame around. There's a guy named Spacy as well or whatever who flies around at 20k in a zeke. I wish people would actually just furball in DA instead of doing squad ganging and trying to get to the moon. Well, this was around July anyways. I noticed the heavy influx of players in DA and how insanely poor they are.

Anything goes in MA, but you'd at least think people would have the decency to just furball instead of bnzing  / lingering at mega-alt with the tightest turning planes and come at u when ur engaging in a fight.. (yea I should've broken that sentence up but I'm too tired)

IF only the ex h2h'ers would come to the forums and post some AAR's.........  :rolleyes:

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »

I was flying the H2H only several years and I really can't remember a single actual hack from that time. In MA I have been seen a many interesting things.

The past H2H were often a BIG mess but if you get known the hosts, you were able to ignore those yet-another-13-in-12-ALLMAXXEDFFA!!!!111!!!ZOMG! - 7Y.-hosts and find a better rooms with real content in it.

I hope the HTC will update the OE-TE before the next gen h2h. 

BTW I will buy this new centralized h2h ( if pingtime wont suck too badly) over the current MA's anytime.

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »
Me and my squad spawned from 8 player couple years ago. Had 2 guys that would set things up, then we would go at it. Was real fun. Got to use all of the maps, and all of the planes.  Was a real fun way to (stretch out the legs) of AH.
I remember a thing called the joust.  Was something like  80 hangers lined in a row. 1 enter from one side ,another from other. Could use rockets only. Was very fun... Tuk151  'miss 8-player' :rock
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »
me and a few others really liked h2h if fact our squad formed in the ma out of us freeloaders  :cool: . with the addition of more players at least 32 {we hope} . we are looking for it to comeback  :salute  HTC
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »
I miss having a place where I can host custom map.  I very much enjoy building them.  I never had any problems with any players and never saw anything funny.  When H2H was around, I would say I spent half my AH time online and half hosting.  H2H was a great thing if you didn't have a host that was too "squeakish".  I seriously hope they bring it back for subscribers.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »
I also played h2h and never saw anything funny and most of the people I came across were respectful of each other.

I look forward to it coming back, it will be a nice way to get away from the ganging and such that takes place in the MA"s
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Papster

• Zinc Member
      • Anderson Radio Control
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 08:36:35 AM »
I was flying the H2H only several years and I really can't remember a single actual hack from that time. In MA I have been seen a many interesting things.

The past H2H were often a BIG mess but if you get known the hosts, you were able to ignore those yet-another-13-in-12-ALLMAXXEDFFA!!!!111!!!ZOMG! - 7Y.-hosts and find a better rooms with real content in it.

I hope the HTC will update the OE-TE before the next gen h2h. 

BTW I will buy this new centralized h2h ( if pingtime wont suck too badly) over the current MA's anytime.

I also hosted h2h arenas, and flew in many other hosted arenas by great players such a Snoopy10, Ta57/Tomcat and my very good friend MerlinVI's arena, these are just a few of the respected host of h2h. most of you may remember me as HGpappy or PappyVI, I turned in my wings not long after the closing of h2h. Some day I hope to return to the sky's of Aces High and look forword to kick'n sum butt again.

:salute
Pappy
IF IT'S RED, SHOOT IT DOWN

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 09:11:21 AM »
I miss H2H too and hope HT can bring it back some time for subscribers only.

I think the furball area of the DA is a reasonable substitute though.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Papster

• Zinc Member
      • Anderson Radio Control
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
Hi HomeBoy,
 The avatar you have was the first squad that took me in (Hay Street Boys) I hope there still fly'n when I return, TeShaw was the CO. I was LtBates way back then.

:salute
Papster
IF IT'S RED, SHOOT IT DOWN