Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed....  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Has anyone else noticed....
« on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »
A huge decrease in the La7's you normally see? I remember seeing them constantly... this tour I've only killed one and none have killed me. By contrast I've killed 14 SpitXVI's. Going across the board of squadies, it seems that this is true for the rest of them too (thanks, new stat pages :D )

Not that it really matters, it's just kinda funny that a plane that was once so common that it almost felt as if you couldn't go two sorties without seeing one now seems so rare.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Has anyone else noticed....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
I've noticed this for the past 5 tours almost...LA7s dont even make my top 10 Kills of
Tours 86 - 296

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »
yep
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »
I kill spit 16s the most. I think 190s come second IIRC. I need to go back to when I had like 400+ kills.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »
Shows how impressions can possibly be wrong.

Check out the stats......
P-51D has highest deaths for last 4-5 tours. As far as I know HT still uses the "death count" as a rough guide to plane usage. It is also starting be becme the biggest killer, time to set its ENY to 5 I think. (every one one in same situation got it)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
time to set its ENY to 5 I think. (every one one in same situation got it)

I still haven't understood why the 51D is at 8 ENY and not 5.  And since it's at 8, why aren't there others at 8?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »
A huge decrease in the La7's you normally see? I remember seeing them constantly... this tour I've only killed one and none have killed me. By contrast I've killed 14 SpitXVI's. Going across the board of squadies, it seems that this is true for the rest of them too (thanks, new stat pages :D )

Not that it really matters, it's just kinda funny that a plane that was once so common that it almost felt as if you couldn't go two sorties without seeing one now seems so rare.

La7 usage (kills+deaths combined) has dropped considerably since that plane was updated.

More analysis of that kind of stuff coming to you in about 5 weeks... when it's again time for another "Stats! Stats! Stats! One year of Aces High!" ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 02:25:54 PM »
The stats on the Pony surprised me to be honest, Most of the time when I meet one (Especially at alt) then it's a ho on merge, followed by a split S and then either a dive to the deck or keep the alt and "extend", so I'm surprised they get killed a lot.
spit 16's continue to be the choice for the "Duke Nukem" types, See a few Lgays here and there, but it's the 16's more than any, 190 D model continues to get a decent crowd and has anyone else noticed the P38 seems to have been getting more use too now?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 02:31:18 PM »
I still haven't understood why the 51D is at 8 ENY and not 5.  And since it's at 8, why aren't there others at 8?

Because it turns, climbs, accelerates poorer, and packs less firepower than the other ENY 5 airplanes, and in the case of the La7, it is also slower?

The two exceptions to this are the Ta-152 and the P-47N. What I can't understand is why these are ENY 5.

I believe it would be reasonable for the P-51D, Ta-152, P-47N, 190 D9, 109 K, and Yak 9U to all have similar ENY of perhaps 8-10.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »
La7 usage (kills+deaths combined) has dropped considerably since that plane was updated.
That's what confuses me the most... with the combination of the plane being updated, and TB's new soundpack in which the La sounds really awesome, the La5FN is kinda calling to me now... it's really a sexy aircraft.
I can understand a small drop in usage since the speedometer was screwed up when it was first released, but that didn't hurt the N1K much (in fact, I see even more of those now).

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »
I've only been to the DA recently, but there's a lack of La-7's in there too. It's all Spit 16, A6M, Niki, and F4U's in there.

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »
didnt any one tell you guys  its PEEE 51 time  its the new ride of the MA its so kewl everyone thats anyone flys a pee 51

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »
I would venture to guess that you don't see alot of La-7s because of its notorious reputation as a "dweeb" plane.

Imho the P-51 now wears the crown of dweebyness!

The King is dead.

Long live the King!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 03:13:09 PM »
I would venture to guess that you don't see alot of La-7s because of its notorious reputation as a "dweeb" plane.

Imho the P-51 now wears the crown of dweebyness!

The King is dead.

Long live the King!

The La had that reputation for years, with almost monthy recurring "perk it!" threads. Hard to imagine that all of a sudden players just stopped flying it because of that "dweeb" label.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 03:16:27 PM »
Hey Lusche
does HTC have a method of working out plane useage by chess piece?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c