Author Topic: Yak-9T  (Read 876 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Yak-9T
« on: November 24, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
Omg gixer how do you aim this damn 37mm? I can't hit anything w/ it =/

http://files.filefront.com/Yak+9Tahf/;12452222;/fileinfo.html

Even at 200 yards snapshot like in this film.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Yak-9T
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »
It seems to me that you are simply not yet used to the NS-37 gun. None of the misses I saw was the gun's "fault" you were aiming just too high or too low. What's your convergence in Yak-9t?
Please note that the NS-37 actually has the best ballistical properties of all fighter guns in AH2. I know you are otherwise mostly shooting with MK-108 and MG 151/20, which have distinct different (=worse) ballistics. Usually you don't have to compensate as much for bullet drop in a Yak-9T
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »
Yea, I'm used to the MK-108 and MG151/20. So it's just I'm not very sure where to lead in the YAK-9T. I have my convergence at 200 for both MGs and Cannon. I guess next time I'd use this Yak-9T more of a GV killers then A2A since I can't hit stuff w/ it=/
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »
Yea, I'm used to the MK-108 and MG151/20. So it's just I'm not very sure where to lead in the YAK-9T. I have my convergence at 200 for both MGs and Cannon. I guess next time I'd use this Yak-9T more of a GV killers then A2A since I can't hit stuff w/ it=/

You might consider putting convergence to a (much?) longer distance. Maybe bring up .target in TA or offline to compare bullet drop between those guns. The NS-37 is a truly precise long range gun, almost the "sniper rifle" of AH2.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:33:49 PM by Lusche »

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »
I should just stick to K-4 or 109F4  :(
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 03:47:12 PM »
I should just stick to K-4 or 109F4  :(

G2 dude :aok
"You rebel scum"

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »
You might consider putting convergence to a (much?) longer distance. Maybe bring up .target in TA or offline to compare bullet drop between those guns. The NS-37 is a truly precise long range gun, almost the "sniper rifle" of AH2.

True words from Lusche. My longest A2A kill came 2 weeks ago when I sniped a running 110 at 1.1k.  Since then I made a new gun sight with marks at 1k and 1.5k just waiting to test it out on some bombers.  The tater is just beginning to drop off at 1k.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »
Tec = hax  :lol
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 06:22:42 PM »
Adjust converange to 500 yards. and it still sux =/

http://files.filefront.com/Yak+9T+take2ahf/;12454026;/fileinfo.html
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
True words from Lusche. My longest A2A kill came 2 weeks ago when I sniped a running 110 at 1.1k.  Since then I made a new gun sight with marks at 1k and 1.5k just waiting to test it out on some bombers.  The tater is just beginning to drop off at 1k.

Yup.... I did a test with the .target command in the TA with a Yak-9T with convergences ranging from 175 to 650...shooting at targets ranging from 200 to 1000.  There wasn't much difference as I was constantly hitting the center of the target with every convergence at every distance.  There was little if NO drop in the 37mm within 1000 yards.  BUT...if in the MA and taking that long of shots...you're might as well close your eyes and pray for a hit  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:28:19 PM »
Here is some film posted by Gixer.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,244829.msg2992260.html#msg2992260

unsure if these are the same as he showed to me but may help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 12:45:01 AM »
Adjust converange to 500 yards. and it still sux =/

http://files.filefront.com/Yak+9T+take2ahf/;12454026;/fileinfo.html

On the K4 at ~3:00 you are taking a shot with the plane hidden under your nose. You misjudge the position and your rounds go to far to the left. You would had missed with any other center mounted guns, ROF and trajectory were no issues this time

Shooting at the F4U 4:30
The trajectory is perfect, in slow motion with external view you see how extraordinary "lazer" like the NS-37 is shooting.
Here's the first time a genuine deficiency comes into play: low ROF and ammo. Crossing shots are somewhat mire difficult because you can't afford to hold down the button and generously spray while the target is crossing your point of aim. And the ROF (only 1/3rd of a MG 151/20) means an enemy could actually pass between 2 bullets with some luck

Killing enemy fighters in a Yak-T demands a different approach to shooting than in most other fighters in AH2. Aiming is actually easier, but getting the feel for the right timing is much ore important due to ROF & ammo considerations. It takes some time to getting used to this.
Maybe flying the Yak9U for a few weeks first could help. Also center mounted armament with few rounds, but not as few as the Yakt9T. Once you are getting used to be very tight on the trigger, you may advance to the more difficult Yak-T

Or you simply stick with it for at least a tour and take your time to learn. :aok

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »
  BUT...if in the MA and taking that long of shots...you're might as well close your eyes and pray for a hit  :)

On a deflection yes, it would be a total waste of ammo.  But against an opponent who feels he is safely out of range and flying level just trying to get away it's only a matter of knowing the amount of bullet drop.  It's the same with the MK108 in a K4 just not to nearly the range.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 07:22:01 AM »
Lusche nailed it, time spent in the TA with the LCGS on will show you where and when to shoot.

Almost takes a deer hunter mentality,(1 shot 1 kill) fire single shots that have a higher chance of hitting.
That doesn't necessarily mean straight in front.  Get someone to "hang" at the top of a loop with a full plan form shot and you'll ruin their sortie. Crossing deflection shots are tougher, but possible with practice, and you can truly surprise a lot of people.

They are amazingly accurate with surprisingly good ballistics.  Because there is no convergence factor with the Yak9t its even better than the iL-2.

Offline skopro

• Zinc Member
      • 308th Polish squadron
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 05:39:59 PM »
some of my yak9t films from scenarios..Like it has been said before 1 shot 1 kill is the mentality thats required to be successful with the yak9t, snapshots are the best in it.Its just a matter of timing on snapshots.I have my convergence set to 650 so on the snapshot i dont have to lead the target as much since the bullet comes out on an arch to begin with.

http://skopro.com/yak9t vvs fins frame 1.ahf

http://skopro.com/yak9t frame 2.ahf