Author Topic: Field Supplies  (Read 498 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Field Supplies
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »
Soory this is in the wrong place but goes with my Strategic Bombing thread.

How is it possible to deprieve a base of spawning supplies in an M3 GOON ETC and which factory must be destroyed to stop supplies coming back.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Field Supplies
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »
Soory this is in the wrong place but goes with my Strategic Bombing thread.

How is it possible to deprieve a base of spawning supplies in an M3 GOON ETC and which factory must be destroyed to stop supplies coming back.

No barracks on a base = no field or vehicle supplies.
Corresponding factory is the troop strat of course.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Beat me to it.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »
the barracks being destroyed will prevent a particular base from upping supplies,  

The answers in the other thread will explain how to increase the downtime of said barracks by hitting strats.  The training/grunt/picture of 2 troops strat will have to be hit,

The conclusion your looking for Yarbles is that yes a dedicated force of porkers could in theory de stabilise a whole countries front and enable a better chance of capturing fields (in that zone),  however the time and effort spent in porking all of this stuff won't be worth it IMO unless it is sustained for long periods.  

In short don't bother and just furball  :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »
Here's how a 3 man team can be effective and it takes just 1.5 hours at most.   

1st man in Lancaster's or B17's sets off alone for the city.  He needs a minimum of 3 passes to get the city below 50%.  Until then 100% supplies are leaving the city to the zones factories.

2ND man sets of in Lancaster's or 17's as the first man approaches 1st drop.  2ND mans target is the ammo or troop training factory.  Again 3 passes are required to get it below 50%.  Until then 100% supplies are leaving the factory to individual fields.

3rd man sets of after second man makes his 1st drop in 17's or b26's or ju88's.  3rd mans target is the appropriate strat on the front line fields.  Pointless bombing individual fields until the automated supply line is effectively damaged.

Ammo strat IMO being the most cost effective target where time and bomber load out is concerned.  Of cause if you have a whole bomber squad at hand more strat or more fields can be porked.  Your time...your call but it does work. :aok

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »
what Lusche said

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 05:29:51 AM »
 :aok

I have Pm'd you brother. ( I always call you brother when I want something)
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 07:07:24 AM »
Here's how a 3 man team can be effective and it takes just 1.5 hours at most.   

1st man in Lancaster's or B17's sets off alone for the city.  He needs a minimum of 3 passes to get the city below 50%.  Until then 100% supplies are leaving the city to the zones factories.

2ND man sets of in Lancaster's or 17's as the first man approaches 1st drop.  2ND mans target is the ammo or troop training factory.  Again 3 passes are required to get it below 50%.  Until then 100% supplies are leaving the factory to individual fields.

3rd man sets of after second man makes his 1st drop in 17's or b26's or ju88's.  3rd mans target is the appropriate strat on the front line fields.  Pointless bombing individual fields until the automated supply line is effectively damaged.

Ammo strat IMO being the most cost effective target where time and bomber load out is concerned.  Of cause if you have a whole bomber squad at hand more strat or more fields can be porked.  Your time...your call but it does work. :aok

I like the way he thinks. I love chess.Need to get back at it. :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 07:14:57 AM »
Good post Lynx  <S>

Now if everyone would just read and understand it.  :)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 07:20:36 AM »
Good post Lynx  <S>

Now if everyone would just read and understand it.  :)

I think I understand it. Thanks everyone who has posted so far.
DFC/GFC/OAP