Author Topic: War footage  (Read 636 times)

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
War footage
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:30:20 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted before but here it is:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27650485#27650485

The interesting part is in the end.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
Re: War footage
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:11:23 AM »
Nice find ....allthough it is funny to me that the audio didn't work ...well done Bill Gates and MSN!! .... :lol

Of note:   the He-115 attack is actually a Do-24 ....in the confusion of War even the G2 experts are not allways sure what they are seeing

Also I thought if you put your gear down it was a sign that you surrendered? ....yet the pilot continues to blast the fw190?...maybe he was in the landing pattern at the time of attack? ....hmmm

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
This wasn't a game. You didn't take off with intent of killing our guys and get a free pass for putting your gear down. You won't get that in here either. Most will figure your a noob and chuckle at the new guy right before blasting them.

INFIDELz>

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »
Nice find ....allthough it is funny to me that the audio didn't work ...well done Bill Gates and MSN!! .... :lol

The film being from WWII I don't think they had the ability to record sound.
  For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:02:27 AM »
MSNBC Im sure brian williams was saying WW2 was bush's fault to

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »
The film being from WWII I don't think they had the ability to record sound.

I am well aware of that ...but if you looked carefully it said MSNBC w/ Brian Williams .....I would assume he was talking during the piece? ....also in todays media nobody puts on a silent film ...there should be talking? ....Music? ...or something  ....I doubt he just sat there and watched it.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
This wasn't a game. You didn't take off with intent of killing our guys and get a free pass for putting your gear down. You won't get that in here either. Most will figure your a noob and chuckle at the new guy right before blasting them.

INFIDELz>

ah....I dont think any WW2 pilot was refered to as a "noob"   Rookie maybe but not a "noob"

also I have heard of pilots surrendering in air ....In the battle of Britain a hurricane pilot made a German land at an English base to surrender

Helm ...out
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:05:29 PM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »
Also I thought if you put your gear down it was a sign that you surrendered? ....yet the pilot continues to blast the fw190?...maybe he was in the landing pattern at the time of attack? ....hmmm
Never heard of that before. You'll see in a lot of guncams, the attacking fighter hits hydrolic lines or whatever in the wing causing the gear to pop out (although, I think the Fw190 had eletricaly operated landing gear).
In an case, as far as I know the struggles between the Luftwaffe and the VVS and even between the Luftwaffe and the USAAF were no where near as chivalrous as the fight against the RAF.

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 05:51:31 PM »
nice find!  :aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:10 AM »
Never heard of that before. You'll see in a lot of guncams, the attacking fighter hits hydrolic lines or whatever in the wing causing the gear to pop out (although, I think the Fw190 had eletricaly operated landing gear).
In an case, as far as I know the struggles between the Luftwaffe and the VVS and even between the Luftwaffe and the USAAF were no where near as chivalrous as the fight against the RAF.

I think the account I read was in the osprey Hurricane aces 1939-1941

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 11:31:37 AM »
Bottom line- Kill or be killed Amigos
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c