Author Topic: noteworthy comment  (Read 140 times)

Offline vega

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bombergroup.com
noteworthy comment
« on: August 29, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
Heard on the radio a couple of days ago:
"Let them win so we can get a reset and go to the Mindanao Terrain."

.....hmmmmm
Interesting.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
noteworthy comment
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
Translation: Lake Shaw (The Uterus) map and the NDIsles map sucks.  :)

They spoiled us with the latest two maps, as well as the community-created maps.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
noteworthy comment
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
imo mindanao looks great but i hate it. the small fronts the closeness of the fields turns everything to a mess. especially with the higher numbers we are seeing in the main.

I also hate the island map but I have by far more fun in it then mindanao. The lake map is ok so is the baltic. nothing special about the terrains themselves I just have a better time in those.

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
noteworthy comment
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan:
imo mindanao looks great but i hate it. the small fronts the closeness of the fields turns everything to a mess. especially with the higher numbers we are seeing in the main.

Agreed 100%.  Then again, there's always the Combat Theatre.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
noteworthy comment
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »
Yes this map definately focuses the battle all in one area...the terrain beauty sorta makes up for it...wait til you see 10bears Russian front terrain he's working on now, I seriously hopes HTC implements some of these user-created terrains into the main, they are simply incredible.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
noteworthy comment
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan:

I also hate the island map but I have by far more fun in it then mindanao. The lake map is ok so is the baltic. nothing special about the terrains themselves I just have a better time in those.

Totally agree.  Mindanao is totally beautiful but gameplay is no where as good as the uterus map which offers everything apart from looks!  I dislike the ndisles too mostly because of the vast openess of 'nothing' (aka sea!) but the Baltic map is next best after the Uterus one IMO.

Obviously, it would be interesting 'revisiting' the tweaked Beta map and Sfterrain again especially since the terrains are rotated now.

Regards

Nexx
NEXX

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
noteworthy comment
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2001, 05:50:00 PM »
Hmm personally i love the mindanao map.  The fight does seem focused BUT enough player splinter away from the center mob for there to be lots of activity on the fringes.

Mindanao #1
Baltic #2
ndisles #3
pubis map  #100

SKurj

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
noteworthy comment
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2001, 12:31:00 AM »
I think they have done an excellent job of supplying maps that give everyone a chance to  fly and fight in all the different styles.  Some maps are more conducive to furballs, some to ground war, some to high alt bombing, some to low alt bombing and some to high alt dogfighting.  Almost everyone has at least one map that they really like and that is a most impressive achievement by HTC.  The maps rotate quickly enough that nobody is stuck on a map they don't like for too long.  

I'm very impressed so far with the effort and planning they have been doing with this sim.  When the Combat Theatre evolves a little more HTC will have a buttload of content flyers in all arenas.