Author Topic: FSO Clouds  (Read 1437 times)

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
FSO Clouds
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:50:44 AM »
I am working  on a terrain model for the December FSO. Have everything done except the clouds.  The Designers call for (Heavy clouds) and (thick overcast). I have my fog set at 2.0.   No clue on how to do the clouds. Can anyone tell me how to do it? :pray
TUK151 :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: FSO Clouds
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
How large is the map?

The easiest way to get thick cloud cover is to increase the cloud row/column count, the size of the clouds and change the alpha to between 800 and 950.

But be careful because to many clouds can overload the server(?) and cause really low frame rates.

If you've never done clouds at all, take a look at the Wiki for more information...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Cloud_Editor
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:18:37 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »
How large is the map?

The easiest way to get thick cloud cover is to increase the cloud row/column count, the size of the clouds and change the alpha to between 800 and 950.

But be careful because to many clouds can overload the server(?) and cause really low frame rates.

If you've never done clouds at all, take a look at the Wiki for more information...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Cloud_Editor
Ty NHAWK.. Tuk151
CO WD40 (FSO)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »
I am working  on a terrain model for the December FSO...

You're what...? Care to elaborate...?
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »
Rogue Squadron, CO

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 07:48:43 PM »
You're what...? Care to elaborate...?
Was working on a personal, up-to-date, fso, ardens terrain. Did not know that you already made one for public. Sorry, didnt see your post.  Thanks for the download.  Maybe you could pm me, and tell me how to do the clouds. I would like to learn how. TY TUK151 :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »
You can open that AWA file with the cloud editor (use any generic bitmap as a background image) and get an idea of how it's put together. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO