Author Topic: Survived a 3 on 1  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Survived a 3 on 1
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »
Actually GB, congrats!   Most wouldn't appreciate it if it happened to them. 

I hope you filmed it and maybe realize what you would've done better, or better yet.  What you did do to make it out.   Learn from it and build your skill set further. 

Seriously, WTFG!    :rock

Thanks Karaya! Nope didn't film it. After thoughts were "I sure was glad one wasn't a spit".  :rofl I know the acm I was using. Something I'm sure is similar to what Greebo uses (I think). Only he would have killed them.

If you want me to tell you let me know and I'll PM you if that is okay. It's nothing major and you probably already do it.

:salute

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »
I had a 3v1 over the weekend. A 109G-2, a Ki-84 and a Spit16 vs my big, fat A-20G.

Seeing a dar-bar heading towards the base I had just taken off from, I dumped my ord and began climbing in the opposite direction. When they arrived, they simply dived in after a low friendly. They didn't notice my Havoc up at 6k... All three were in the tower pretty quick. A couple came back again, and received their express return ticket. I landed and grabbed a fresh A-20 (lost an engine when one collided with me.. He went boom). As I rolled, the 109G-2 returned and dived in for the vulch. At the last second, I pulled off the runway, almost vertical. The 109 missed, shooting under me and then augered a split second later. After that, they went elsewhere for fun. I can't remember any names, except the 109 driver; Oceans11.

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:02:43 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
Why does it always look like this just before I die? :P

(Image removed from quote.)
Does the wording on that seat read " Warning horde is much closer than it appears !!!"?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:02:51 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
i once prevailed in 3vs1 me (nik) vs 3 (la7)..

was all ready to celebrate when the first 2 were already back for revenge, within icon range and bearing down with alarming speed while I was sittin low & slow :frown:

That's why I prefer to fight close to a friendly base. I can land, rearm or get a fresh fighter and be waiting for the stinkers return....

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.