Author Topic: 8 player head to head  (Read 1245 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: 8 player head to head
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 09:38:22 AM »
I did enjoy H2H for the cool maps people made. Fun to see something different once in a while.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 01:23:11 PM »
Hi HomeBoy,
 The avatar you have was the first squad that took me in (Hay Street Boys) I hope there still fly'n when I return, TeShaw was the CO. I was LtBates way back then.

:salute
Papster

We're alive and well.  TEShaw is still the boss.  We've lost some membership of late but the core is still intact.  We'd love to have you back.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »
We need to fly again.

Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
I did not fly H2H nearly as much as i did the main arena's but there are a few things that I do kinda miss,

The different scenery, maps and games played

The ability to host rooms just for friends and where you could set certain rules.

The ability to boot jerkuff's for being jerkuff's

That you were able to hop on, find a good room quickly, play for an hour and leave satisfied in the short ammt. of time you had without being gang banged like in the DA.

I don't miss:  unlimited ammo,

people flying around in f3 mode firing their guns until they hit you,

smart allec kids who think they can say anything they want because no one's there to blacken their eye or filter them.

As you know, many h2h players left after it was discontinued and some others felt it was worth paying for and stayed.

Bringing back H2H for it's currant subscribers I think would be a good idea . It may even bring in some new revenue from it's old H2H's base who left mostly because they didn't like the main's. Unfortunately many others players like Papster may never return because of either budget or other problems.

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 06:39:52 PM »
Nail Hit right on head --A8tool...  I joined 2 weeks after 8-player was discontinued... I was one of the f3- view-shoot from 1.0 out. I was good too. Flew a 190, A8 back then.   Had to learn the cockpit after started paying. Had real hard time with it. Made me learn bombers and gv's first.  2 years later, I fly MA full time, and Co of fso squad..  Been very fulfilling for Tuk...  Thanks 8-player for my start....... <S>  :cool:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
I too am excited about H2H returning. I am very greatful for the opportunity to get my start in H2H. Hopefully we will still be able to set rooms in a similar to the old way.

I miss lots of options from the H2H.

Like tools I miss the general atmosphere, lack of ganging and hording, booting loud mouths, and the ability to find fun even when your time was limited.

However I never minded the unlimited ammo as long as it was for spraying and praying, though I have to admit is the way I started out. Most of the people I saw used it because to keep the fight going, no need to rearm if fuel burn and ammo were set up right.

I also miss the ability to choose your room based on your preferences, like choosing between ffa(free for all) or standard game play. Many nights I was only in the mood for the ffa and remember a few times the room turned into 8 163's battling it out  :lol. While other nights I wanted more of a standard game play. Another thing I miss about the 8 player is was the fact that you had to work to take bases since you only had 4 people and teams were close to even, instead of bringing 20-30 people with you to roll over them.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »
My two wishes are to still allow custom maps and increase the player size to 16 or 32 if it is for subscribers only.  The BoPs currently have a squad scrimmage night every Thursday night where we fight each other and hope to challenge other squads in the future.  Right now we have to have it in the DA, where it can be spoiled by anyone, anytime.  It'd be great to have somewhere we can go and not be interfered with.  And it just wouldn't be H2H if we couldn't host our custom maps anymore. :(
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Papster

• Zinc Member
      • Anderson Radio Control
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »
We're alive and well.  TEShaw is still the boss.  We've lost some membership of late but the core is still intact.  We'd love to have you back.

I remember when Buzz wes CO and the squad was the 339th, my brother was on the squad as well (Hoppy01) is MajWoody still fly'n with you guys?

Papster
IF IT'S RED, SHOOT IT DOWN

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 10:04:20 AM »
I remember when Buzz wes CO and the squad was the 339th, my brother was on the squad as well (Hoppy01) is MajWoody still fly'n with you guys?

Papster

That's a little before my time.  I've only been with the squad a couple of years now.
Yup, MajWoody is still with us.  Haven't seen him lately but I haven't been flying much lately either.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 10:07:57 AM »
Would be fun to be ATC again on the airport terrain. Too bad the new version has run into a road-block.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »
8 player would be sweet for squad practices..To bad I have such a hard time hosting games because of my router. :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...