Author Topic: Countdown to the Return of the Squeakers...Are You Ready?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Re: Countdown to the Return of the Squeakers...Are You Ready?
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »
Hey some "squeakers" grow up, if any of you want to suffer through my posts from 2005 :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:20 AM »
Ya know..theres a difference here between newbies and squeakers.
newbs do things like carpet bomb the grass, drop troops over the Field, make bombing missions with 100 lb bombs and 100% fuel and sometimes get you to killshot yourself when your engaging someone. The point is..these guys do it QUIETLY. Yes they make mistakes and sometimes ask questions on country that might be absurd to long time players, but remember how hard this game was when you first entered the arenas. These people are the ones that I love to help with whatever questions they might have.

Squeakers on the other hand...do things like scream on vox or text "HELP HELP IM BEING SHOT DOWN" " PLEASE HELP". these are the guys that have the attention span of a goldfish and must drink a case of Jolt cola before they get on AH. THEY ARE OBNOXIOUS..worse case Ive been in was sitting in town with a wirble until it could pop and I had 2 of the worse squeakers near me arguing to eachother what character was better in world of warcraft.

and BTW Twentyfo...next time we get these squeakers on our squad vox, we all agreed to type in country "Twentyfo needs a gunner, any volunteers?"  :D
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »
WELL, THat's fine......learn by dy..i mean doing......

but when noobs are in the arenas, i see too many people, that insist on doing stupid stuff, like the "alt F4" thing, no matter the question.
 that's not gonna get us a new crop of good pile-its. that;s gonna chase people out, or they'll just become alt monkey, pickin, hotards, because that's all they know.  :noid
i agree with you, and with Bruv, though you both have different angles at this. New players must learn some things on their own, and not ankle hump, but then again, they wont learn anything if we don't hold their hand for some of the learning curve. i know I'm not done learning, as i still ask many questions about the game as things come up.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
that insist on doing stupid stuff, like the "alt F4" thing, no matter the question.

Oh come on. I do it once in a while, especially when some guy is flying near me asking about something and you just can't help yourself to say "alt F4" just to watch them explode in mid air.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com