Author Topic: First impressions. Force feedback?  (Read 128 times)

Offline -luny-

• Zinc Member
First impressions. Force feedback?
« on: May 16, 2000, 07:41:00 AM »
Hiyas all, I finally got around to trying AH online. Once I got all the buttons etc. configured, I got a quite a positive first impression. I didn't see any warping to speak of, the connection was very stable and at least qualitatively the flight modelling felt quite good - with my WB experience, I had no trouble at all adjusting to AH.

AH feels different than WB (I have no idea which is more "realistic"), but the biggest turn-off for me is the lack of force feedback. Without it, everything is so limp and feel-less that I find it difficult to get into the mood   I sure hope FF will be added soon.

Another thing I miss are m & km/h instruments for LW aircraft (and wherever they belong) at least as an option, but I guess that's not on the top priority list. Well, I'm a history freak - the view system is great, but more historically accurate cockpit artwork would be nice.

I'll be back...it's a pity that I don't have time or money for more than one online sim at any given time.

Luny

Greg 'wmutt' Cook

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
Actualy, I missed the Force feedback at first, but now I find I like it better without most of the forces.  The only one I really miss is the stall buffet.
I do agree with you about the cockpit insturments, but being the product of a California, USA, educational system, I have trouble operating in a base 10 system   so I'm kinda happy with it the way it is.  
--------------------------

332nd Flying Mongrels
"When in doubt, put a few more rounds into it."

Offline Jinx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2000, 04:19:00 PM »
I miss Force Feedback and think they add a lot to the simulation, but only the speeed and stall forces. The rest I turned off anyway.

-Jinx

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2000, 05:35:00 PM »
Yes, FF pls  

Snef
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"