Author Topic: I finally have enough perks to fly the 262  (Read 1412 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: I finally have enough perks to fly the 262
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 07:39:34 PM »
I

Well, i got it home and crashed it landing, forgeting that when i took it up that ive never landed one  :lol. Oh the humanity

Good luck info

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 07:44:40 PM »
I agree with the poster that said to ride it till she's dead.

It's better to just get over the "fear of losing it" hurdle right away.  It makes it alot more fun later on when you realize that losing 250 perks by diving on some crappy ENY 30 plane isn't the end of the world after all.

And, it's always nice to water the trees with your tears (great line man).
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 12:51:43 AM »
Funny thing is almost every time I trying flying safe with it I would end up dead or come back home with one or two kills tops. Then when I was going to change my name I knew I was ganna lose all my perks so I went on a perk point spending spree. When I flew then on the deck HOing everything in sight I couldn't die.

If its your first time flying it get get over the fact that you will lose it and just have fun while you're in it. Climb up to about 5-6k so you can outrun anything diving in on you and just fly around. If you take it up high and fly safe then you'll end up with no kills or end up compressing it into the ground.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 01:48:09 AM »
My first several 262 hops I ripped the wings off in banks. My first sortie where I actually got to altitude I dove on a set of b-26s and after tearing up the air around them I politely lawndarted. finally landed my first sortie a few months ago with 6 bomber kills and I almost soiled myself from the glee. It's a fragile bird.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 07:20:51 AM »
Don't bother blowing your perks on a 262, you will likely be dissappointed by the results you will get if you are a new player.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline ded

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »
Perks are there to be burned.

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 06:23:37 PM »

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
I...didn't bring the first few home!
X2..and still dont bring many home..... been in MW, make perks like mad in there...not concerned no more
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »
Funny thing is almost every time I trying flying safe with it I would end up dead or come back home with one or two kills tops. Then when I was going to change my name I knew I was ganna lose all my perks so I went on a perk point spending spree. When I flew then on the deck HOing everything in sight I couldn't die.

Sums it up. when I had to delete SpikesX I simply couldn't die. had 10K perks to burn and it took me 4 nights...with about 5 hours each. All I flew were 262s and Temps. I HO'ed everything in sight, upped at vulch fests. flew through CV ack, you name it I did it...only died about 10 times or so...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:55 AM »
Klinks rule for 262's.........never buy a 262 new,....get it at a yard sale (i never buy if they are over 150 perkys) Never fly a 262, unless you have perks to  buy at LEAST 2 more. Cause your gonna be left feeling like a crack fiend, with no money plus - feeling stupid for that dumb move you just pulled in the jet. ODdly, enough, you'll want another. :O Don't stoop to begging for perks,... Keep and eye on your speed, wings rip off fairly easy at 700-800 mph. Everyone will want to kill, you,...at any cost. closure rate is alarming, first 100 flights or so in it.Its very hard to kill anything  in it. Other than that ,...it is a blast. :rock
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 03:23:46 AM »
Been there, done that. :)

x3  :)

Actually really easy IF there are no cons around the field you land at. All you need is to watch the speed, plan abit ahead and line up using rudder. Only time i ever failed landing one without wingtips is when i tried on a carrier that started turnining.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »
Only time i ever failed landing one without wingtips is when i tried on a carrier that started turnining.

Sorry that's my bad. I saw you coming in and wanted to see if you could fly it sideways. :aok
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
Sorry that's my bad. I saw you coming in and wanted to see if you could fly it sideways. :aok

Hope my flaps didnt smack you in the face when hit the ship  :o

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
Umm me being awesome in the 262.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYr850iBCEk
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 04:04:21 AM »
I would goto the training arena and test it out. See how it flies and learn its limits. Maybe get a friend to go there with you or ask a trainer for some tips. If you only have enough points for 1 then you might want to bank more. Good luck to you.  :salute
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events