Author Topic: Fix the Collisions.........  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Fix the Collisions.........
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »
Then you collided problem solved.

Very scientific... must be it.   :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
DG that reads like he simply gunned you down on his way to the tower from his collision.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »
If he flew through YOUR cockpit then YOU collided.  Or are you lying  about that?
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
In other words: because someone is not willing or able to avoid the HO, he wants to change collision model so that the whole arena becomes a ramfest with even more bizarre unrealistic results (as already shown above)

<- shakes his head and walks muttering away from this thread...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »

<- shakes his head and walks muttering away from this thread...

Think the following fits perfectly here lusche.

Some days darts get under my skin. especialy when some people are "Stuck on stupid." or my version "Clueless dolts."

HiTech
:aok
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »
I am simply asking to fix this problem, I have no reason to Lie about it, make it up, or what ever else someone would think suspicious.  

I encountered this before once in a while, no complaints then, but I am seeing it more, and have seen it too often for it to be coincidence.  

This time was particurlarly odd since I did not recieve the message that I collided, it said HE collided, yet I died from the collision or the bullets after the message was posted.  And he did this twice with the same plane and nothing happened to him.

COLLIDE twice with the same plane = land two kills.   Thats not realistic.  Its just this simple.  And if the guy knows that he has that advantage would be the only thing I cant prove, but if he does, He is gaming the game.  Very Possible.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:00:38 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »
I am simply asking to fix this problem, I have no reason to Lie about it, make it up, or what ever else someone would think suspicious.  

I encountered this before once in a while, no complaints then, but I am seeing it more, and have seen it too often for it to be coincidence.  

This time was particurlarly odd since I did not recieve the message that I collided, it said HE collided, yet I died from the collision or the bullets after the message was posted.  And he did this twice with the same plane and nothing happened to him.

COLLIDE twice with the same plane = land two kills.   Thats not realistic.  Its just this simple.  And if he guy knows that he has that advantage would be the only thing I cant prove, but if he does, He is gaming the game.

Film the next and post so i can point and laugh.
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »
Film the next and post so i can point and laugh.

Cant come up with a better answer than that.....  I explained what happened and yes its confusing, this is why its posted.

There is no explanation other than what I think is happening, this collision lapse or gap has a potential of being exploited knowingly or not. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:08:49 PM by Dadsguns »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »

There is no explanation other than what I think is happening, this collision lapse has a potential of being exploited knowingly or not. 

LOL exploited has a certain connotation of  "knowing" dontcha think?
See Rule #4

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »
Please note that "You have collided" just means that there was a collision on your Front End (=screen).
It doesn't mean it's your fault, that you did actively fly into someone else, it's not putting the blame on anyone.

AH Training Corps Website: How lag affects Aces High

Ahh but lucshe, some ignorant people think it is  :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »
To clarify, a collision has nothing to do with whos "arriving" first at all.
The kill credit is another story, that means who is getting the kill, who is dying "first". But that doesn't change the fact that when there's a collision on both screens, both take damage accordingly.   The message I had was that Player A collided with me, I did not get a message that said I collided with him, this happened twice with the same plane and no visible damage on the second merge, he then landed both kills shortley after

To succesfully "ram" an enemy while taking no collsion at all (=gaming the collision model), a player would have to aim for an empty point in air where he knows that on his enemies front end he and his enemy will collide.
To do that, you need to have the second sight. You don't know how things look on your enemy's computer. You don't now how big the combined lag is.   What if it is a NOSE on NOSE approach as was the case, no need to anticipate the location of the enemy.

BTW, if "both go down" would be implemented, ramming would really work consistently for the first time, and it suddenly would be almost impossible to dodge them. It would be the reverse situation that we do have now.  Which is the lesser of the evils, both go down, or gaming the lag, at least with both go down the result is the same.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »
How did it go for the one day it was ON.?

It was a bug and they fixed it with a patch pretty quickly.  You couldn't fly within 50ft of another plane without colliding even though neither player collided on their front ends.  Basically, it sucked.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »
I was shot down 3 times by the same player on a ho merge(level flight nose on), each time there was a collison message from Player A(he collided with me message), and 2 of the 3 I ended up in the tower that said I was shot down.

He also did not recieve any damage that prevented him from landing his kills, this happened twice with the same plane.

Each time the Collision message (he collided with me message) came first, then the (he shot me down message) you were shot down message last.

I know some of you are old and cant read to well,, I enlarged this for you senior folks.  And the mentally slow, Bronk  :D.

He may have collided with your wreckage, which could explain why he both got credit for your kill and collided. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
He may have collided with your wreckage, which could explain why he both got credit for your kill and collided. 

ack-ack

On one of the 3 merges, not sure which, but the sequence happened so fast, the merge, then the bang from the collision, the messages.... could it be that it could not decipher the events fast enough and could get it out of sequence?  this would explain why I got the "shot down" message AFTER the "Player A collided" message.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »
I will just have to catch it on film, to get everyone to take a look.  I do appreciate any ideas of what it could be, and certainly do not want to change to something that may be worse. 
There are some smart minds playing this game and just as with any other game, they find the loopholes that can give them the slightest advantage, this is my only concern to keep it a level playing field by what means it was meant to be.

On a brighter note, I did take a snap shot of what is under Bronks (avatar) mask,  :rofl 

If you have a weak stomach dont view it........  :D

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/bayoubeach/?action=view&current=images.jpg