Author Topic: Venting  (Read 987 times)

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
Venting
« on: December 21, 2000, 04:23:00 PM »
I wanted to post an apology for the venting I made on ch# 1 today in the MA. JUST SEEMS to me this game is going the way of aw3 for me. At first before the Niki and F4U-c came into the picture there were mostly spits to contend with, they had there weaknesses just like all the rest of them. BUT now days you see the NK here and it has no weakness seems like. I was at A20 for about 3 hrs today from 1pm to about 4pm and had numerous encounter with the enm. Very few of those encounters were anything other than Niki's and f4u's. Why does anyone here want a new plane when the majority seems to fly 1 of 3 planes here. I wouldn't know how to handle a LA5,zeke or a 38 if I ever seen one in the MA. This is more and more like aw3 was when I left there. Same old @#$% different day. Nothing changes.

RWY

p.s. (seriously contemplating next months $30 bill due to serious boredom )

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Venting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »
You know the one plane I don't have a problem with is the N1k.  Maybe it's because I'm a Jug or Pony driver and tend to come in fast.  They don't handle for crap at speed.  Occasionally I get surprised at their zooming ability and get tagged, but most times they are not an issue.

Then again, I don't seem to be seeing many N1ks around lately either.  Hmmm.

RWY, to a point you are right.  There is always one or two planes that are considered to be "the best" at any given time and you will see lots of them.  Normally it is Spits, but we happen to have some later planes to take the crown.  It will always be that way in an open main arena.  However, there is light at the end of the tunnel... the Perk system.  The perk system may just decrease the numbers of certain planes and lead to more variety in the arena.  This may be the online sim with the least issues in this area after 1.05.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

AKSeaWulfe

Venting
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2000, 05:00:00 PM »
No thanks, I don't want the masses jumping into an La5 since that is my plane of choice. Actually it's the only thing I fly, whether I attack a base or for furballing. It's just damned fun to fly that nimble lil dual cannon bastid amidst the skies of AH. Today (Thursday Dec21 at about 5:45PM) me and Fatty (he in his nimble lil' lawnmower engined rice paper airplane-- the A6M5b) we were tangling with about 6 or 7 planes. All but 2 were F4U-1Cs and N1K2s. The other two were a Pony and a P47. I must tell you, we lasted a good 4 or 5 minutes twisting our lethal birds on the deck and in that time frame I managed to down 2 or 3 without taking a shot and I think Fatty got one. In the end we died because there were simply too many, but man it was the biggest rush I've had in a long long time. It was so great because they didn't know what that lil' La5 could do and took it for easy meat. The fight was exhiliration and pumped adrenaline from head to toe. I was sweating after the fight. That lil' bird can do some of the most amazing things. She can stand on her tail at 200MPH and do loops throwing off the aim of the attackers and then pull you through right above the ground in near stall conditions. It's great, I love it and I don't want no one flying it cuz it's too damned good!!! <G>

S! Fatty, that was some damned fine flying there.
-SW

TheWobble

Venting
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2000, 08:25:00 PM »
yea i get sort of the same eeling with my the 51, few fly it..decently.  I fly h2h alot and on only about 3 occasions was i ever confronted by another 51, and when i was i smoked it becasue it was someone that was prolly just messing with it, who then quickly crawled back under his Nik or spit.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Venting
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2000, 09:26:00 PM »
"Lets see.. (hang pulls out notepad) ..that's w-o-b-b-l-e... yes?  You gotta MA trip ticket?"

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 12-21-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Venting
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2000, 10:52:00 PM »
 Dont start drooling yet hang  . He is no where near your weight class.

TheWobble

Venting
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2000, 11:03:00 PM »
LOL
Hang, i canceld My Ma, but when 1.05 comes back i will be for sure sucked back in.  

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Venting
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2000, 12:29:00 AM »
I honestly don't see what the problem is with F4U-1Cs and Nikis other than their overabundance.  Sorry.  :/

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Venting
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2000, 12:32:00 AM »
Mmmmmmm...P51...Beer...DONUUU UUUTS

I too have very little problem with Niks and like Lephturn, I too try to keep the Stang fast.  I also use common sense.  Im not gonna be able to turn with em for long BUT one thing I have noticed is that Nik drivers LOVE to keep the throttle firewalled.  That gives us throttle controlling Stang drivers a nice advantage.  Dunno how many of em I've swooped down upon who also go low and then try to loop over that Ive cut throttle a bit to reduce speed a bit and turn inside their circle.  Works like a charm.

What also seems to work is to sucker em to follow you up into a zoom when you know you have E on em.  Ya know you got em roped when they start firing their guns like crazy, hopin for a hit.  Thats when ya pop a notch of flaps, loop back over and then fill em with 50cal lead.  Just logged after suckering a Nik like that   .

Now THATS a satisfying feeling!

-Ding

Only ticket I got was from Sammy Hagar cause when Im in my stang, I CANT DRIVE...55!

[This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 12-22-2000).]

Pepino

Venting
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2000, 03:18:00 AM »
I always suspected of you Fatty, you opportunist zeke flyer.

Zeke-dweeb club should be organized. We need any zeke available to kill Quakebirds  

<S> and nice flying yesterday

DEATH TO QUAKEGIRLS    

Pepe

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
Venting
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2000, 12:11:00 PM »
This is more proof the majority of the community wants a fair and acurate simulation. If this is fact then why has things not changed.  HTC still has the best game out there but my quest is an accurate online sim. Whoever produces it will get my money that is the bottomline.

PS.  I need recruits for my squad the 78th fighter group.  If you love ETO US warplanes and tactics then join up...

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Venting
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2000, 04:26:00 PM »
Sorry AKSWulfe, but your not the only one who likes that little bird. Been my only ride for 2 tours now, and it keeps getting better. (or I do)

Still having trouble killing ack like Curly does however, guess I'll have to take lessions.

AKSeaWulfe

Venting
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2000, 04:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by Pollock:
This is more proof the majority of the community wants a fair and acurate simulation.

Heard this many times, exactly what is it the majority wants in a fair and accurate simulation? Historic maps with allies vs axis? A better flight model? If so how? It seems pretty good to me, maybe missing low speed torque but that's about it.

As near as I can tell AH is "fair" in what it provides each country. It's not exactly the masses fault for flying the plane they feel most comfortable in. Disclaimer:: I fly the La5 almost 100% of the time, maybe a Jug or P38 for jabo. Each country has the same aircraft and vehicles for it to go to war with, if that isn't the epitomy of fair then perhaps webster's dictionary needs to be re-written.

I've got news for you, if you think that what we have in AH is unfair then you are surely in for a kick in your bellybutton when you fly an arena that has allies vs axis. One of the nice things is this "quake arena" as the uneducated call it. It's anything but, it's an area for you to fly any plane you wish at any time with any one on one side. Wow, isn't that neato. Then as an extra we get scenarios which unless organized by *US* we will never see. Everyone sits here and asks for some form of sim which for the most part is already available to us. Bored of the MA? Do like sunchaser said and fly with him in the SEA on the med map. Want your version of air combat that you are thinking of in your head? Well you can always set it on the UBB for all of the community to read and if we all like it HTC will provide us with the tools to get it underway. It *ALL* falls back onto *US*. Quit yer gripin' on what you think is a quake arena and let's see your ideas. If we get 100+ people interested well then you're already halfway there. All you gotta do is create a map if one isn't already made, write up rules and plane assignments.
Remember, it falls back onto us as the paying customer for us to make up our own simulation. HTC is just writing the code to make them planes fly and give us a little fun in the MA, it comes down to *US*, that's right you and me, to take it even further.
-SW

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Venting
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2000, 05:07:00 PM »
Very well put Seawulf  , and I'm also very fond of the LA5.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Venting
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2000, 06:12:00 PM »
SSSSSSH!!!! You boneheads!

I flew the YAK when it first came out, cuz' I needed a change from my 190....then I discovered the La5 and how it was a MUCH better plane than the YAK (which is damn deadly) but if ya'll keep praisin' 'er like this on the UBB, then EVERYONE will know she's the most under-rated plane in the game and start treatin' 'er like the killin' squeak she is, thereby blowin' my advantage over them.

My only complaint about the La5, is the artwork, it's down right BUTT-UGLY, I talked to SUPERFLY on the phone and here on the UBB, he sez they got plans to redo the artwork, but doesn't know when they'll git 'er done

------------------
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant"
-WW1 German ACE Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website