Author Topic: thinking of learning a German plane  (Read 4003 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
thinking of learning a German plane
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:38:47 AM »
What 109 is the best around fighter and why? :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
Re: thinking of learning a German plane
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »
Simply put:

109f is the turner

109g2 is all around

109g14 is a more powerful g2, vert fighter

109k4 is the most powerful, great E fighter and great in the vertical.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »
And the G6 is for men.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
I agree that the 109G-2 is the best all-around 109.  Here's why:

It's fast, 342mph on the deck.
It climbs like a home-sick angel.
It turns well enough to mix it up (though it's not a stall fighter).

The 109F-4 is better for furballing, though it's slower and doesn't climb as well.

The 109G-14 is a better energy fighter.  It's faster, climbs better, and has extra punch with the upgraded 12.7mm cowl mg's.

The 109K-4 is a different bird because of the 30mm tater gun.  You have to rethink your gunnery habits and change your tactics to be successful with it.  

Here's the issue:
How to get a 450mph high wingloading aircraft within 200 yards of a target when the controls get heavy from overspeeding in normal level flight? :D

------------------

Only the practitioners of guile and subterfuge need apply for the G-6. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »

And so is the E4.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »

:lol

And so is the E4.

A blast for sure, but kind of limited overall, by speed, roll rate, and firepower though.  Fun arse early bird though.

They are all fun and capable Uptown.  Have fun with your project. 

Throttle control in a dive, You'll learn that quick  ;)
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
Throttle control in a dive, You'll learn that quick  ;)

And manual elevator trim.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »

Please elaborate :)
"You rebel scum"

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »
And manual elevator trim.

Yes, the K button will save your airframe untold hundreds of merges with the ground.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »
maybe its just me, I have flown the 109s in the past, at the start of this tour I was like screw it leave the hurri home, take out the 109f, it is a very nice plane, but there is something about those german birds that I just dont like, maybe its the views or lack therof,  I still got 6 killz in it that first day, not to bad,but not great by any means, well last night I said screw it again and left the 109 home and took out my Hurri-O-deth, in about the same amount of time,(maybe a little more) switching sides to fight the hourd, flying the way I fly.
   I took 32 sculpts in that Hurri,I cant understand why I have such better results in the Hurri, I chalk to the cannons(allthough i dont use it as a HO machine) and turning ability of the Hurri, and maybe a better than avarge SA on my part,and the fact that I have spent most of my AH career in one, getting to know it in every aspect.

point is Pick a plane, get to know it like the "back of your hand"

I guess I am a Hurri dweeb :D

good luck and have fun<S>

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
What 109 is the best around fighter and why? :salute

A 109g2 is best in terms of all round performance on paper. In reality the majority of the used planeset in the MA will have the speed to run and stay out of range of effective guns. The mgs are pretty much useless unless your close in and can put a lot of hits on target. I prefare the g6 to the g2 better rear views and effective mgs even on paper theres not much of a difference performance wise. It doesnt really feel like theres too much difference flying them eithier for some reason theres a stigma attached to them that they are a difficult plane to fly.
Best 109 all round imo is the k4 if you can make a habit of constantly flying it too its limits and learn some acm there isnt a lot you cant do with it.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »
A 109g2 is best in terms of all round performance on paper. In reality the majority of the used planeset in the MA will have the speed to run and stay out of range of effective guns. The mgs are pretty much useless unless your close in and can put a lot of hits on target. I prefare the g6 to the g2 better rear views and effective mgs even on paper theres not much of a difference performance wise. It doesnt really feel like theres too much difference flying them eithier for some reason theres a stigma attached to them that they are a difficult plane to fly.
Best 109 all round imo is the k4 if you can make a habit of constantly flying it too its limits and learn some acm there isnt a lot you cant do with it.

IMO the G2 is easier and more balanced than the G6.  The G2 can load up gondolas and not be penalized too heavily for it (there is still a penalty), especially compared to the other 109s in the game that have a gondolas option.  The G2 is the only 109 I would take off loaded with gondolas with the intention of fighting other fighters, or never hesitate getting into a furball with the gondolas on because I was originally intending to only buff hunt. 

I agree though that the G6 is similar to the G2 and a good plane, until you throw on the gondolas... I guess the G2 was just designed to handle them while the G6 feels like you just kicked it below the belt when you throw them on the wings, and in that aspect I regard the G2 as a better plane.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »
IMO the G2 is easier and more balanced than the G6.  The G2 can load up gondolas and not be penalized too heavily for it (there is still a penalty), especially compared to the other 109s in the game that have a gondolas option.  The G2 is the only 109 I would take off loaded with gondolas with the intention of fighting other fighters, or never hesitate getting into a furball with the gondolas on because I was originally intending to only buff hunt. 

I agree though that the G6 is similar to the G2 and a good plane, until you throw on the gondolas... I guess the G2 was just designed to handle them while the G6 feels like you just kicked it below the belt when you throw them on the wings, and in that aspect I regard the G2 as a better plane.

Would a g2 with gondolas handle as well a g6 without them? point is a g2s gun package is weak enough to necessitate needed them a g6 has a much more effective gun package so gondolas arent really needed.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 03:14:08 PM »
Would a g2 with gondolas handle as well a g6 without them? point is a g2s gun package is weak enough to necessitate needed them a g6 has a much more effective gun package so gondolas arent really needed.

They aren't really needed on the G2 either and cause more parasitic drag than they are worth.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »
the G2 is easier to fly.. but.. when flown right the G6 is much better, assuming both G2 and G6 are flown without the gun pods.  Of course only in my opinion that is.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.