Author Topic: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(  (Read 9938 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »
Well tonight was one of the good nights, thanks all had a great time @ A45 and A39 tonight.

You are welcome  :D  The only problem last night was a well known SPY!!!! going under the shade name of TC  :furious

they was a fun time..........had a blast fighting both Bish and Knight ( I went to the Rooks because they were low numbers ).......was a fun fight even though I finally lost to ya Soulyss................

and that is SECRET AGENT MAN  or DOUBLE SPY, to you Dedalos  :devil

:salute  all
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
By empty you mean 50 to 60 people right?  More than the EW, MW and AvA combined  :rofl

It's because he likes to be among the many, not the few.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
If I decided (and I'm getting closer each time I log on) to go hoing the hoers, what's my choice of crate? I was thinking of the A8, but I'm worried about getting a fatal shot from one of the hoers, so I'm looking for something that can take a hit or two but is great at taking on the hoers.
Cheers
iTunes
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2008, 04:15:03 PM »
If I decided (and I'm getting closer each time I log on) to go hoing the hoers, what's my choice of crate? I was thinking of the A8, but I'm worried about getting a fatal shot from one of the hoers, so I'm looking for something that can take a hit or two but is great at taking on the hoers.
Cheers
iTunes

anything that fires cannons through the nose. straight line of heavy fire makes for the best HO rides. set your convergance out all the way.

as you close with your opponent aim your nose just lower than his. gaining a little speed as your closing the gap between u.

when you are at 1000 out from each other bring your nose up just a hair so that your cowling has an elivated attitude but it is still beneath the bottom of his.

by now u should be at 800 out, let off a 1.5 to 2 second burst,

now u should be at 400 out,

rudder away from the collide while pulling up hard,

turn tightly 180 degrees to the side opposite of the side of you that ur opponent passed on,

roll ur wings to flatten out and unload them while continueing to keeping constant rudder,

once u have 180ed let off rudder push nose down,

you should now be slow but in a diving orientation,

if your opponent is still alive he should be between your 11 and 1 oclock within 400 to 600 away,

continue in this direction while doing a 2 or 3 second dive to gain some e and then climb up under his tail

follow him in his break or drop away to gain distance,

rinse and repeat.

good luck

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »
anything that fires cannons through the nose. straight line of heavy fire makes for the best HO rides. set your convergance out all the way.

as you close with your opponent aim your nose just lower than his. gaining a little speed as your closing the gap between u.

when you are at 1000 out from each other bring your nose up just a hair so that your cowling has an elivated attitude but it is still beneath the bottom of his.

by now u should be at 800 out, let off a 1.5 to 2 second burst,

now u should be at 400 out,

rudder away from the collide while pulling up hard,

turn tightly 180 degrees to the side opposite of the side of you that ur opponent passed on,

roll ur wings to flatten out and unload them while continueing to keeping constant rudder,

once u have 180ed let off rudder push nose down,

you should now be slow but in a diving orientation,

if your opponent is still alive he should be between your 11 and 1 oclock within 400 to 600 away,

continue in this direction while doing a 2 or 3 second dive to gain some e and then climb up under his tail

follow him in his break or drop away to gain distance,

rinse and repeat.

good luck

FLOTSOM

Thanks for that sir, think I'm about one or two more ho attempts, followed by the usual split s to the ack or whatever away from doing this.... Has to be an A8 or the 110 by the looks of things then.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »

Thanks for that sir, think I'm about one or two more ho attempts, followed by the usual split s to the ack or whatever away from doing this.... Has to be an A8 or the 110 by the looks of things then.

Noting funnier than watching them line up and start firing from 1.5K out at a 110
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »
Hey ! Can the mossie take a hit? That crate has a gun package born for hoing.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »
Hey ! Can the mossie take a hit? That crate has a gun package born for hoing.

biggest problem with HOing in a mossie is that if your opponent gets any close range shots at you your likely to be pilot wounded or killed instantly.

if you use the mossie or the 110 use the same proceedure but start every thing sooner (further away) you should be firing your guns just before or right at the 1000 foot mark 2.5 or 3 second burst instead of 2 seconds and then same routine as before just further away.

obviousely this all depends on your aproach speed and angle of attack. most HO's are not exactly co-alt equal speed. it takes a little finese but im sure youll do fine  :D

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »
Giving lessons on the HO has to be the dumbest thing I've yet to see on these BBS.  Well, I take that back.  I've seen some dumb stuff.

This makes this thread even more depressing though.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2008, 06:00:26 PM »
Giving lessons on the HO has to be the dumbest thing I've yet to see on these BBS.  Well, I take that back.  I've seen some dumb stuff.

actually, it was going pretty well, til that......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »

Please don't take this personally, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is fed up and tired of all the usual lame stuff that goes on in the arenas, Night after night, it's much the same thing, now If I decide that enough is enough and decide to give as good as I get then what the heck is wrong with that? Maybe you would be better monitoring ch200 and then tell all the hoers what a dumb thing it is they are doing? tell them and the runners, ack huggers etc why they are dragging the game down, but don't come on here and tell guys like me that it's dumb to try and learn how to give the hoers a taste of their own medicine.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2008, 06:21:39 PM »
Please don't take this personally, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is fed up and tired of all the usual lame stuff that goes on in the arenas, Night after night, it's much the same thing, now If I decide that enough is enough and decide to give as good as I get then what the heck is wrong with that? Maybe you would be better monitoring ch200 and then tell all the hoers what a dumb thing it is they are doing? tell them and the runners, ack huggers etc why they are dragging the game down, but don't come on here and tell guys like me that it's dumb to try and learn how to give the hoers a taste of their own medicine.

because you're going out specifically loking for it.

just fly n fight like normal. if ya get a guy that makes multiple ho passes atcha, then ho him back. it's more fun that way anyway, as they don't expect it.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »

because you're going out specifically loking for it.

just fly n fight like normal. if ya get a guy that makes multiple ho passes atcha, then ho him back. it's more fun that way anyway, as they don't expect it.  :devil
I understand that, I never go out looking for an ho, in fact I'd go as far to say that you would probably never see me do a ho, Don't think I've ever hoed anyone as far as my old brain can remember, but the pot and kettle come to mind, there's dozens of folks that do nothing but log on with the intent of hoing, but me, the guy who is close to saying enough is enough, is bashed for wanting to know how to pay them back? Anyway, this will just go round in cyclic arguments that will have no bearing on anything or any likely positive outcome, so I'm just leaving it there.
<S>
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:02 PM »
well a week or 2 ago while flying one night i became thoroughly disgusted after the fifth time in a row i was needlessly (meaning not in a tight furball where all shots are fair or in the middle of a horde trying to gang one individual ect) HOed by the same group of individuals.

during an hour of flying this group of jack-offs downed at least 20 planes (including mine) all by a HO-N-GO fighting style.

i had tried to avoid, tried to maneuver, tried everything i could think of without taking a nose shot at any of them. but to no avail, they would just keep running away until they could boom back in on the HO then run away again if they missed.

enough was enough.

i took up an LA7 and went after them, in 5 minutes 3 of them were dead, all died by the HO, and i was RTB bingo ammo missing a couple of spare parts.

course i never made it to base, damn you guys that ride 38's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can understand and relate with iTunes frustration and aggravation. it gets really old when you fly towards your opponent to merge and show your willingness to fight, you close in and turn your nose to avoid the collide and your already being pounded by rounds because the twit cant wait.

so my theory is simple if you don't HO me i will refrain from doing it, but if you do HO me expect it back.

i spent a month and a half practicing this attack and feel that i got it down pretty damn well. so he may win the first encounter because I'm not ready or expecting it, but i will be back and i will keep coming back and hunting him. i will spend the rest of my night hunting the twit just so i can keep HOing and ramming him all night. i may not win them all, but 3 out of 4 is a number i can live with.

I'm only mediocre as a pilot and i am still a long ways off from being a good pilot. but i am willing to fight and willing to be shot down all in the process of learning ACM.

but if someone wants to employ the only tactic i would consider myself an expert in (the HO) then they are going to regret it.

if all he can do is HO then he has nothing new to teach me, so there is no reason for me to waste any of my time trying to engage him in a fight requiring ACM. might as well finish the fight quickly and go look for a skilled adversary.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »
I understand that, I never go out looking for an ho, in fact I'd go as far to say that you would probably never see me do a ho, Don't think I've ever hoed anyone as far as my old brain can remember, but the pot and kettle come to mind, there's dozens of folks that do nothing but log on with the intent of hoing, but me, the guy who is close to saying enough is enough, is bashed for wanting to know how to pay them back? Anyway, this will just go round in cyclic arguments that will have no bearing on anything or any likely positive outcome, so I'm just leaving it there.
<S>

well, just so ya know, i wasn't bashin ya myself....i was only answerin your question, and offering a fun suggestion.  :D :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"