Author Topic: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(  (Read 9670 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »
know what's really sad? i rarely ever hit anything when i do try to return the ho.
hell, i chave trouble hittin a plane that's runnin away flyin straight. now, on the other hand, if he maneuvers, i got him....as long as he's in guns range anyway.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »
know what's really sad? i rarely ever hit anything when i do try to return the ho.
hell, i chave trouble hittin a plane that's runnin away flyin straight. now, on the other hand, if he maneuvers, i got him....as long as he's in guns range anyway.  :noid

you miss because you are aiming directly at the oncomming plane. aim low and walk it up slightly and he will fly into it.

:D
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »
 :huh       :cry        :rolleyes:        :frown:

:noid
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2008, 11:45:29 AM »
:huh       :cry        :rolleyes:        :frown:

:noid

don't sweat it dude......we're not a bunch of hotards talkin bout this. just guys tired of gettin ho'd....... :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because you are flying against some skill-less dweebs who only knows the HO doesn't mean that you have to stoop to their level. Try leading by example. If everyone gave up and said I'm just gonna HO there would be no more good fights just arenas full of HO tards that think they are teh L33t uber sticks.

Also nine times out of ten I can avoid the HO and I usually have a pretty good idea that the HO artist is an easy kill that has no other skills.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2008, 12:23:21 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because you are flying against some skill-less dweebs who only knows the HO doesn't mean that you have to stoop to their level. Try leading by example. If everyone gave up and said I'm just gonna HO there would be no more good fights just arenas full of HO tards that think they are teh L33t uber sticks.

Also nine times out of ten I can avoid the HO and I usually have a pretty good idea that the HO artist is an easy kill that has no other skills.

for awhile there, i was doin good avoiding them. right now, when someone tries, for the most part, i'm about 50-50. it doesn't help me that much yet, as i don't know how to avoid, AND put myself in a good position for a good kill.

as for me ho'in back.....generally i don't. i think i mentioned earlier in this thread about the spit i ho'd lastg week. i was a bit tired, and him in a VERY maneuverable plane against a p38, he should've been EASILY able to maneuver for a kill against me. that's changing, as i'm getting better, but i still have trouble with those little wiggly planes.

you can go into mw, and ask anyone in there, if i ho or not. you'll get your answer there.  :D :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »

So, if I pull the trigger at the merge I will automatically become an easy kill for you?  :rofl  The HOer always has the advantage
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
the funny thing in MW is when the noobs try to ho a hurri in a zeke no thats funny and instant death and no CAPS not a ho'er but needs work on seeing 1 earlier

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »
the funny thing in MW is when the noobs try to ho a hurri in a zeke no thats funny and instant death and no CAPS not a ho'er but needs work on seeing 1 earlier

i'll figure it out sooner or later.  :D

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2008, 04:04:38 PM »

actually once you get the science of it down the zeek is one of the best HOers in the game.

it jinks better than any other ride allowing it to dodge better, its tight turns give it the ability to fake its opponent to its intentions until it is well within its killing range, and finally if it doesn't kill you on the initial HO pass he 180's and is on your 6 before you have the chance to react.

the cannons have lousy ballistics but that is easy to compensate for once you have learned how to aim them.

so don't underestimate the zeek in the HO. if he is practiced then he has all the initial advantages.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
its funny i spent the night in late war tonight found a lot of good fights with very few ho's great time went into MW for about an hour very first sortie got ho'ed 4 times well failed ho's rammed about 6 to 3 odds that was fine and almost made it home the only plane lefted a mossie vulched me lmao all good

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2008, 10:19:04 PM »
Very rare to fing a 1V1 in latewar. May start that way but never ends that way. Although Mid war has its moments its hands down one of the best places to fly.
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:35 PM »
Very rare to fing a 1V1 in latewar. May start that way but never ends that way. Although Mid war has its moments its hands down one of the best places to fly.

that's why i fly there pretty much exclusivly. it doesn't mean i'm not as good as the lw guys(even though i'm not). it just means i prefer the "atmosphere" in there.

almost forgot. MW was fun tonight, 'cept for skalpo breaking my shiny new p38J. and i had the supercharged blender in it too.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:03:42 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
it doesn't mean i'm not as good as the lw guys(even though i'm not).

Flying in the LW does not make one a "fighter jock" by default. In my experiences, LW pilots are no better than anyone in the MW ... they may have "more" experienced pilots in LW, but on the other hand, they also have more noobs too.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline odiemus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »
Since were talking about HO's, the other nite in the arena i was in a LaLa up against a spit. I lost e and was trying to get some distance when i looked in the back the spit was leaving also, so i went after him. He turned and came streaight on so i fired a burst and tried to sidestep, heard a bang and got the message so and so has collided with me. Shortly i had a kill message----- i checked, no damage to me, so is this a glitch or what?  :uhoh
Member, on and off and on and off since 2002,
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines