Author Topic: New to offline missions.  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
New to offline missions.
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
Greetings gents. 
I just started getting into the offline missions and enjoying them for the most part.
Hat's off to Ranger as well as everyone else who construct these missions. :rock

I don't know if it's just me or this is actually happening, but every ride I
fly seems to be much more sluggish than in the MA.  I'm partially assuming it's
due to fuel load out, but even so, every ride seems lacking in responsiveness whether it's
stalling out at speeds where I normally don't stall out at in the MA or kicking rudder is making me
do all sorts of almost unrecoverable maneuvers.  I fly 38's mainly and it seems to me the 38 especially
suffers.  Lighter planes that I tinker with like the Ki-84 seem to handle 1/2 as well as they would in the MA.
Is there any relevance to this or am I just imagining it?  Thanks for any and all answers..<S>
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: New to offline missions.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »
No difference that I've ever noticed.  Maybe the fuel loadout is more than you normally take?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »
I notice a difference, can't put a finger on it. There is a difference between MA and the offline system.  I trained all week in a offline ardens08 map. Got to the fso friday and it seemed alot faster than the offline training.. Tuk151
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »
I notice a difference, can't put a finger on it. There is a difference between MA and the offline system.  I trained all week in a offline ardens08 map. Got to the fso friday and it seemed alot faster than the offline training.. Tuk151

I also notice framerates aren't as good as online as well.  Not sure if it's because the AI uses a lot of resources or because of all the model and graphics. 

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
I noticed the same problem with the sluggness (is that even an word? lol) - I kept snap stalling, which I do in the regular MA but not as much as I did offline. And the AI seems to fly better then most in the MA so that is the only real good part about playing offline (although the AI aim isn't much better). FIrst sortie I almost got shot down by it; that would definetly be bad omen for when I do return to the MA lol.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:41:32 PM by RoGenT »
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »
Have you just been flying the default P-51 mission?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
I even got the 38G (my usual ride) down to 12 minutes of fuel in the Yamamoto intercept mission, and it still felt heavy.  Flaps didn't seem to work as good.  Just felt overall heavier. 

Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed with the offline stuff.  The missions are fun..  The AI is (so far) unpredictable and rivals the majority of people I've flown against online. 
Seems like they actually do maneuvers instead of just trying to turn into you all the time like most other AI in other flightsims.   :aok

Is it pretty easy to build the missions?  Just cut and paste type stuff?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:16:46 PM by Anodizer »

80th FS "Headhunters"