Author Topic: "special" fonts, a little and simple wish  (Read 1004 times)

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
"special" fonts, a little and simple wish
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
when I'm chatting with someone italian like me I cant use the letters with accent, and we use them very often in our language. May they be added ?   using the apostrophe as accent steals the little msg's space!

chewie :)

Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.andreasalvi.com
Re: "special" fonts, a little and simple wish
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »
yep!
 :pray :pray
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:13:02 AM »
That would be nice! And, after all, I think it would require only little work, HTC just have to make the game read the keyboard as an Italian one instead of as an American one!

Please, HTC, give us this little gift for Xmas. :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »
This is an american game... they would need to do all languages and not just italian, so I'd say this isn't going to happen
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
This is an american game... they would need to do all languages and not just italian, so I'd say this isn't going to happen

As an American, I am embarrassed by this response. I think these gentlemen know that this is an American game. That's not the point.

Xenophobic chest thumping is completely out of place here. There is no law to say they have to do it for all languages; it's funny how America-centric types usually chide political correctness, but as soon as it advances one of their arguments, it is used as the centerpiece.

If it really is that easy to code, do it for the languages that are most commonly found in this game. I know we have a pretty big Italian community, an even larger Finnish community, and several Spanish speaking players. I'm sure there are others. Should not be a difficult addition.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »
I've also met Dutch, French and Portuguese speakers, and don't forget the Swedes!
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
Oooh Oooh! And the Germans.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
Oooh Oooh! And the Germans.

Pffft... they sück
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »
Hey!

If it weren't for the Japanese and us, you wouldn't be playing this game. :D
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »

Correction: This game was created in the U.S. but it caters to a world-wide player base. I think they (HTC) will improve on it over time.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »
Pffft... they sück
As usual, Lusche makes an unassailable point. ;)

But seriously, why not add fonts for other languages? Makes no difference to me, other than the fact that eavesdropping might get a little more difficult.

I humbly request that HTC add Navajo and Hangul first. :D
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »
As an American, I am embarrassed by this response. I think these gentlemen know that this is an American game. That's not the point.

Xenophobic chest thumping is completely out of place here. There is no law to say they have to do it for all languages; it's funny how America-centric types usually chide political correctness, but as soon as it advances one of their arguments, it is used as the centerpiece.

If it really is that easy to code, do it for the languages that are most commonly found in this game. I know we have a pretty big Italian community, an even larger Finnish community, and several Spanish speaking players. I'm sure there are others. Should not be a difficult addition.

well thank you, you know me so well, I'm actually half norwegian and bi-lingual, and up until i turned 18 i was a dual citizen of Norway and the US, I was just stating they would need to add every language and not just italian, being that I am cultured and have traveled through most of Europe, i know that alot of Europeans speak English, as these guys are now. I was just stating that since Americans made the game it's just a convience factor being that most people know at the very least broken english.

but no i'm just an ignorant american with a skewed world view, what would i know.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
I was just stating they would need to add every language

No they wouldn't.  All HTC would need to do is state what languages the game supports and only add support for those languages.  For example, FFXI is global game with players all over the world but yet only supports 4 languages (Japanese, English, French and German) and has support for those languages.  HTC can easily do the same.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »
well i was just trying to get the point across that i'm all for it and i'm all for reaching out to new players from all over the world, what ever they have to do, they should do, i just assumed it would be a huge undertaking to configure everything, but apparently not

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 02:31:08 AM »
No they wouldn't.  All HTC would need to do is state what languages the game supports and only add support for those languages.  For example, FFXI is global game with players all over the world but yet only supports 4 languages (Japanese, English, French and German) and has support for those languages.  HTC can easily do the same.

ack-ack

I'm just wishing the keyboard support, not the language that would mean to translate the whole game and as it is now would mean also to translate the website open a dedicated section in the forum etc (at fair things done).. It could be done too tho but would require a lot of time and energy.
The game it's ok, I would love to see multi-country/platform keyboard mapping with international used fonts!  :)
just my 0.02 €
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~