Author Topic: Damage Model for GVs are well and truly porked!  (Read 156 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Damage Model for GVs are well and truly porked!
« on: June 08, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »
Is anyone else having major problems with the GV damage model?  I've had some very strange incidents but tonights really annoyed me.

I hit a M3 with 3 AP rounds and he was still alive.  He carried on driving (this is about the third or fourth time this has happened).  Anyway, fine, but he then shoots me with his .50 cal and I hear one ping and my track is off! Surely this cannot be right?!

So, will the damage model be somewhat improved - it seems that M16s/M3s are stronger than Ostwinds/Pnzrs now?!?!?

Regards

Nexx
NEXX

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2001, 06:11:00 PM »
Im not berating the damage model but i have had some very lucky and unlucky sorties in Gv's before i left.One was driving the LVTa2 in water where apparently my icon didnt show up.Another i was in an ostie when my base was captured and every ack shot me to peices.I lost both tracks ,mgs,gun etc bt i could stay there all day with the horrendous noise of 9 acks shooting me with no further effect.as to getting hit by AP in M3s evrytime ive been hit ive died.

i think my strange quirks were something to do with me falling through the mesh of the ground model and thus to all intents leaving the game enviroment.It happened because the vehicle drops when both track out i think.maybe the same for the water.

i think yours may have something to do with server issues,lost packets etc as when 1.07 was out there were some really strange events occouring.maybe give it some time replicant let HTC check it out before you get too mad at it.you'll only get the vuchers claiming you are a whiner otherwise!  :rolleyes:

pisses me off that kind of thing

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2001, 06:21:00 PM »
Hi Hazed

I did think it might be lost packets, but since changing drivers everthing actually seems better apart from the GVs.  Also my squadmate Fariz has also experienced the 3 or 4 AP rounds required to damage/kill a M3.  (yet I've managed to kill pnzrs/ostwinds with 1 AP round, but never a M3 with less than 3 AP).

Regards

Nexx
NEXX

Offline gijeff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
Salute Gents,

I had a sortie in an ostwind, where an M3 drove right past me to the maproom and captured our base, I put no less than 3 37mm HE rounds into his driver compartment and rear compartment at point blank range, saw the hitsprites, and he continued past like nothing happened.  Seems like when you get REALLY close you can't hit them.  Also could have been attributable to lost packets.  I am on cable internet and have seen the warp situation worsen with this latest patch, hopefully it improves.  Oh, by the way the M3 KILLED me with his .50.  I could see taking off a track or with well placed rounds high taking out the turret, but KILLING a flakpanzer with a single .50 cal???????

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: gijeff ]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
A few days back I was in an LVT2, waiting behind a small hill before heading into A10 when an osti rolled up about 500 yrds SW to rape other LVTs coming ashore.  I watched for a minute then decided to rotate around to bring my .50 cal to bare.

I was amazed when a few hit flashes resulted in the osti dipping down on one side indicating a damaged track.  I then proceeded to empty out my .50 resulting in the osti exploding!

Mine is not to question why, mine is but to do or die.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
It took about 20 howitzer shells to kill disabled Ostie. Are duds modelled now ?   ;)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
1 ping lost track is a real problem. Before it was couple of planes which can kill you while in panzer, other needed eggs or rockets. Now absolutly any plane can kill panzer if it is close to enemy base, just ping it from any distance with track lost, and go away. He will ditch, you will get kills.

Also I keep losing tracks while it is not in a dammage list. Clearly seems like a bug.

Fariz

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Fariz ]

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2001, 09:18:00 PM »
any open top GV in future   can kep up gun dmg  but for any pnzr tank  other armored jsut disable dmg if caliber below 37 mm
and no more problem

i also experienced the damn resistant M3 what u cant kill with AP  round
sugestion grab your AA peeshoter on him
fast dead  ;)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2001, 06:34:00 AM »
Well, I have no much experience in vehicles but yesterday I had a far-west duel with another panzer at long distance, face to face and both at same level.
First I hit him twice in the frontal area with no effect. Then he hit me and, surprise, "engine out". I hit him four more times in the frontal area and killed him. What I cant explain is that Head-On shot killing my engine, supposedly placed in the rear quarter of my panzer.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
You were driving a "Merkava" MBT ?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2001, 03:34:00 AM »
Hm, well, now I can kill tanks and osties with my 190. Three passes from dead 6 usually does the job.

M3's and m16's seem invulrenable though. I first dropped a 250kg, which missed by 10 feet or so. no damage to m16. Then two 50kg, maybe 1-3 feet to the side. No damage. Then 500 rounds of cannons and all the mgs I could bring on. It still fired back at me.

Something is weird with the damage model on gvs as it is now.