Author Topic: Gang Banging  (Read 131 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Gang Banging
« on: October 22, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »
At first when I saw this type of thread I was sure it was just sour grapes and of no real impact on game play. Today I have seen it in action and am sure that the sim part of the play has died.

Bish were gangbanged and down to 2 fields. Those fields were capped with fairly large concentrations of enemy fighters ensuring that any Bish who took off was never going to get to co alt.

This made it a very simple decision about playing. There was no chance to regain fields as you need to be able to take out the acks to capture them. The planes orbiting the area were in a position to keep any buffs or fighters from gaining alt to bomb from and the only Veh field not captured was promptly destroyed once it came up. Taking tanks to the enemy fields wasn't much of an option due to the distances involved and the air cover over the routes.

I don't now what could be done about this other than building an arena reset into the game. That would have to reset the arena when one side got down to 25% of fields available. Probably not much of a chance of that happening I suppose.

Mav

I
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Gang Banging
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2000, 07:37:00 PM »
Tour 7:
The Bishops have 18699 kills and have been killed 21411 times against the Knights.
The Bishops have 15519 kills and have been killed 16516 times against the Rooks.
The Knights have 20934 kills and have been killed 18189 times against the Rooks.

Tour 8:
The Bishops have 14210 kills and have been killed 17664 times against the Knights.
The Bishops have 10020 kills and have been killed 11220 times against the Rooks.
The Knights have 16074 kills and have been killed 15687 times against the Rooks.

So far Tour 9:
The Bishops have 14213 kills and have been killed 17666 times against the Knights.
The Bishops have 6856 kills and have been killed 8620 times against the Rooks.
The Knights have 16077 kills and have been killed 15689 times against the Rooks.

Lately, the Knights have had numbers during prime hours, so that naturally upsets the numbers, making them not so reliable. It might (or might not) serve as some kind of illustration; either both the rook and bish prefer fighting Knights, or (and this is especially true for this tour) Knights have been strong enough in numbers to fight a two front war.

Iv'e heard some arguments about numbers, and my philosophy is like this; if a country is gangbanged, no matter which country, and it has the equivalent of numbers of the two other countries combined, it does not have "numbers". Fighter for fighter, it faces an equal number of enemies, only on two fronts. And this probably explains the numbers.

I'll admit I've yelled gangbang more than a few times   , but it's probably like when ya run across a red light; you're thinking "why do I ALWAYS get a red light?!?" totally forgetting all the green lights you've had.

So, gangbanging of a numerically superior country that has slightly less or the equivalent is quite acceptable and not unfair. It's when the numbers are equal it turns ugly. When a country has inferior numberrs, it turns really ugly.

Just my take on it.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 10-22-2000).]

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Gang Banging
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2000, 07:38:00 PM »
Yeah, when our side is down to 4 fields in a corner I just go do something else.

This is the time the guys who just like the spawn-vulch-die-spawn-vulch-die loop get their 30 bucks worth.

It will not change it is the nature of the main arena.

The arena does reset when they lose one of those two fields though.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline jcy19

• Zinc Member
Gang Banging
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
well i dont like someone hollering gangbang, when there country has just done them same. i was on yesturday most of the day, and when i first logged on we were down to 2 bases(im bish).throughout the course of the day we took back a few bases. we were working on 18 at the time while rooks happen to be hitting knights down sw. someone started hollering gangbang and i got a little mouthy with him. i felt i was justified. it was not a bang, we were taking our own land back that was very close to HQ. can someone explain why that would even be a bang. it will happen everytime. you take bases in some elses territory and the fight to get them back. it aint no gangbang. just my thoughts

------------------
jcy19  |||AirWolves||

funked

Gang Banging
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2000, 12:09:00 AM »
Good stats Santa.  Anybody who's not Knights this tour knows nothing about getting gangbanged.  

That is a 2 TO 1 ratio folks!!!

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Gang Banging
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
Uhhmmm, Funked, besides backing the WRONG football team (GO KC) I think some of those stats can be explained by the fact that the knits generally have alot more players on then the other 2 sides.  At least when I fly  8 pm to 11pm Eastern.

Cobra

funked

Gang Banging
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
I dunno, seems like Rooks are always in Knightland (due to map imbalance) and the Bishops are on our turf half the time.  I guess it depends on what time of day you are playing.

BTW JUST WIN BABY!!!

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 10-24-2000).]