Author Topic: Present Perking dont make sense  (Read 321 times)

AG Sachsenberg

Present Perking dont make sense
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
Neither does French but we still deal with the language.

------------------

Verkaaft's mei Gwand `I foahr in himmel!
Sell my clothes I am going to Heaven!

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 05-03-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jekyll:
In exactly the same way the 4 cannon F4U-4C introduced into Warbirds did exactly the same thing to that community.

Ahhh, but was many that did so, currently I hear its the 109F model, along time ago was the P38J, then the Dora...so, your analogy is useless...
\
There's always going to be a plane folks squeak about as being uber (see N1K threads now popping up).

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2001, 10:09:00 AM »
LOL Tac you can't be serious??? In a sim where cannons rule you actually think that the 50 cal varient is as good as the cannon varient???  If so why not PERK the D also LOL no my friend you make alot of good arguements most of the time but this time you are off base.  The Chog got perked because it was TOO DEADLY and easy to get kills in (which is why the newbies gavitated to it).  Anyhow just my views, and since I have canceled my account for "other" reasons maybe I should not post.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
Yah, Fokker, here's my "pathetic soapbox" (and you can look through any thread back going back to the Beta and see that I've consistently been right up here on this same soapbox   ):

"Fly what you like. Like what you fly. Don't worry about what the other guy flies. It's a game!"

I'll still be on it 5 years from now too.

It's a vocal minority of which I'm proud to be a member.  

Oh, yeah... when you read world class, continual major league whines, check the signature blocks. Even casual observers begin to see a certain trend.   I think Freud would have a blast with our signature blocks.  
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by R4M:
Yes. I agree that the F4U is a great attack plane, and with a good ordnance selection. You know, there it is in the hangar, by free. The D version,that is. Yes the one wich carries 4 more rockets and 10 more seconds of fire for its main weapons?. That is the F4U1-D. Look! and it is by free! WOW!.

Have to agree here. If I was ever doing ground attack from the carriers the F4U-1D is what I'd take. Nice plane good guns and lots of ordinance. Getting off the carrier when heavily laden is a pain with no headwind though =(

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Okay Grey and Ram, next time you drop ord to take out your primary ojective from your CV launched F4U-1D, strafe those tanks and osties for me would ya?  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
If I understand what's been said correctly, the Armor is going to be tougher after they revise the model.

This will eventually necessitate some other changes as well if AH is to remain primarily a flight sim.

Just food for thought.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Thats it...
thats pretty much an admission of defeat toady..you can do better.
Tell us how to feel.
Tell us how brave you are.
Its all about you toad!
Blame someone fer crists sake....

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
Pongy,  (I may call you "Pongy"?   )

I'll leave all that stuff to the others that are so experienced at it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
Pongo doesn't fly in MA arena anymore.  Just thought I'd let my bud Toad know that.  

Actually, your both buds! Quit fighting!  

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-03-2001).]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
Thanks ever so, _Rippy_!  

I didn't know that, not that it makes any difference to me.

Obviously, he has simply chosen to "fly what he likes".

All for that, as you know.