Author Topic: Cockpit forward views locked to the left?  (Read 316 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Cockpit forward views locked to the left?
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:14:13 PM »
No matter what plane I launch, the forward view is locked to the left - as if I adjusted it all the way over to the left side.  However, I am unable to use the arrows to move back to the right.  None of the directional arrows that are normally used to adjust views work.  However, all my view hat views, up views, etc work normally.  It's just set so that when looking forward I see around to the left of the gunsight.

Any ideas on how to correct this?
THanks!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Cockpit forward views locked to the left?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
Did you try the HOME key to reset that particular view?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
Did you try the HOME key to reset that particular view?

Yes, I did.  When I press it, the screen sort of flickers, but it doesn't want to move.

Anu other ideas?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:20:11 PM »
sounds like some other key, or slider is set-up to move the view left. I'd go through all of the "view" setting in the key map area and see if you can find it. Worst comes to worst....after writing down, or saving the map that you are using.... click the set default button in the map button screen.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:04:54 AM »
I agree with Fug, sounds like a slider.  I had the same problem a while ago but my slider was set for seat position forward and back, didn't notice it was slid forward and the screen would just flicker when trying to use keys to move.  Pushed slider back and everything was as it should be.  Kinda makes ya feel real stupid for a while though.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »
Hey guys - thanks for the input!  That was the problem - it wasn't a slider, but one of the rotary wheels was set to move the views R&L, and it was all the way over to the left.  Set it to "none" and the problem was instantly solved. Thanks again for the ideas!