Author Topic: Went to the DA furball area for the first time  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
Re: Went to the DA furball area for the first time
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
You gotta go at midnight or 1 am. It's actually a lot of fun when when there's only a handful of people there. WHen I could find Agent there we'd go round and round and it was a hoot.

As for the Temptards and Tyfools, generally they have no skill what so ever. Just jump up in an F4U-4 or your choice of anti-dweeb machines and chase em down, They go away after you've hunted them down a few times and the whines are quite entertaining. Other than that, it's just a pickfest and there is no hope of having any type of meaningful fight.

On the other hand, I've never had any trouble finding someone that wants to go to a private field and duke it out 1v1 when I want to.

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »
      I agree if you can get about a dozen or so people it can be alot of fun. I fly am and have a ton of great fights in the morning. People like Griff, Shane, Sandman, Warpig, Spacy (sometimes), and a few others make for some great fights. They may not be the elite pilots of AH but well worth flying against. I usually look for singles away from the packs and head towards them. It might take a little longer to get going but staying out of a pick fest makes it worthwhile. A lot of new pilots start flying there too providing chances to have fights you wouldnt normally have like 51 vs zeke/hurri. There are some people who will have great fights and die with a smile. Knowing what they fly and where they are is a big help. If you ever see a 51B in a Lightning Lancers skin get ready for some fun.

Steel

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »
The problem is all the freebie players from h2h jumping into furball lake. They have their little dweebsquadrons and somehow manage to horde even in DA.  Basically, DA furball is like a miniature version of MA LW.

I wish it was like it used to be. A place where people have courtesy and wish to improve/have nice fights on a treadmill. Sure you can ask people for duels but it would be nice to just have a treadmill in the furball area.

Now it's just full of kids who come down from 15k in zeros and either auger or annoy you.
yet u still come back :noid
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 01:41:05 AM »
:noid What I do like about the cess pool, err DA arena, is that you can fight planes that are not the same as yours. Good place for ACM and SA practice. But I tire of it quickly when Tempests blow by at 500 knots, guns blazing head on from 1k out while you're trying to out fly the niki, spit, and hog on my close six. These jokers are not interested in improvement but only interested in landing some kills. They should just rename the place DA/XBOX arena and be done with it.  :salute
Uptown its the same there as the Ma :O If u want a woopin just look me up :rock Lately u have been the most negative chump I seen... Get a grip and get out of the closet :aok

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 01:43:55 AM »
Got into a nice little fight in my f6 vs a spit something or another. Which is what I wanted to do, fight a spit. Seemed to be going quite well and then wham. Got picked!  :rofl :rofl Wow this is just like the MA's. So I left for the LW areanas. My only thought was what's the point of the DA. Can't you guys learn to pick in the MA's or is the DA for special need pickers?
if u are looking for 1 on 1s just ask :noid  They call it furball for a reason :O

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
Wow so many people that never fly there know so much . Some of the squads that formed in there were in answer to one that consistantly outnumbered the rest of the player in the entire da . It has worked pretty well returning balance to the number of players on each side . 1v1's are so easy to get there it just shows your ignorance that so many state it cant be done . Although alot of us far more enjoy 2v2' and 3v3's etc . Yep you will get picked if you target lock at cherry picker lake . How is that different from the MA's ? There is a guy in there that seldom if ever gets picked .   I couldn't stand him he was always picking me . I could only very seldom pick him . I get picked alot less in both MA's and DA , listening to one peice of advice he gave me . Sounds like SA could be important element there maybe ? In the DA about 3 out of 10 will do much if any running . I like that alot better then the 9 out of 10 that run in MA , or 7 out of 10 that run from a 1v1 in MA .  I fly both MA arenas and the DA about the same amount of time every day so I feel qualified to speak on these things . H2H was before my time so I won't comment on what I know nothing about . I am really bothered by some of the guys that wrote in this thread , who I respect the heII out of . A few I have never seen in the DA . Try cherry picker lake with a good wingman or two . Its a rush when you and wingy(s) are hot and you all land some  kills when you been fighting near nme base or just plain outnumbered . It is where I have met some awesome sticks like Batfinkv , Texture , Kazaa who have not only beat me senseless they have passed on some critical instruction to me . Rude behavior is still self policed in the DA . Late last night there were 5 bish flying and 3 of everyone else , the bish wouldnt let a good fight develop . As soon as they lost a merge they ran , 3 of them in runners and 2 of them in turners , fast turners to be exact Ki84 and a 38 , I believe . I switched sides after 30 seconds of flight and joined with a friend I hadn't seen in weeks , and a AOM jonesing for a fight flying 3 country , no it wasn't agent360 this time , Guy named Thias . Started giving them alot of trips to the tower . Then I asked Thias if he wanted to spar a little , we went to an isolated base and had a blast for an hour . 7 or 8 fights against skilled fairly well matched opponets . Two of which left me with that slight shake sweat on my brow feeling I play this game for . How many of those did you guys have yesterday ? Sure there is crap behavior in the DA , but the things I see you complaining about I see far more in the MA . The one that is the worst in my opinion is the Crap talk . However it is way worse on 200 . That will never change unless there is someone there to enforce a decent behavior from those that talk the stuff .

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »
Uptown its the same there as the Ma

And that's the point of this entire thread. Stating facts about how the DA has went downhill since they shut down H2H doesn't make me a "negative chump in the closet", but makes you one for hiding in there all the time.

As far as the "butt woopin"  :lol come get you some.....I want your pelts documented :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »
if u are looking for 1 on 1s just ask :noid  They call it furball for a reason :O

They call it a furball, yet its not a furball .

So if its it not a furball (and we all know its not) then what is it.

Should HT change the name, so that people know that when they enter "furball" lake they won't be entering a furball, they'll be entering a " alt monkey" pick fest?

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »

They call it a furball, yet its not a furball .

So if its it not a furball (and we all know its not) then what is it.

Should HT change the name, so that people know that when they enter "furball" lake they won't be entering a furball, they'll be entering a " alt monkey" pick fest?

bzzzzzt...  it *is* a furball - just one with no defined purpose (landgrab).
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
bzzzzzt...  it *is* a furball - just one with no defined purpose (landgrab).

Bzzzzzt... Well that should go without saying in the DA.

What I am saying is that flying at 5k+ over everyone else who IS furballing and swooping down through the fight with guns blazing and running away only to rinse and repeat is NOT furballing.

The bases are already at 5k, why should anyone want to climb so much higher?

You would think that in a furball everyone who actually wanted to fight would want to be more or less co-alt.

Isn't the idea of furball island to fight? Not to see how many kills you can land without actually fighting.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:49:42 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »
Bzzzzzt... Well that should go without saying in the DA.

What I am saying is that flying at 5k+ over everyone else who IS furballing and swooping down through the fight with guns blazing and running away only to rinse and repeat is NOT furballing.

The bases are already at 5k, why should anyone want to climb so much higher?

You would think that in a furball everyone who actually wanted to fight would want to be more or less co-alt.

Isn't the idea of furball island to fight? Not to see how many kills you can land without actually fighting.

A furball is a multi-tiered engagement that includes *all* styles.  Just like in any other arena, pickers are a part of one.

I saw this great graphical depiction a while back, but can't find it.  It clearly shows what a furball is, including all styles.

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
Is there a 10k alt limit in there?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »
Is there a 10k alt limit in there?

not in FurBlake.... not the grinder...  only if *you* and someone mutually agree to such a cap.

FurBlake is a barroom brawl...  the little side actions around the edges are akin to standing at the bar raising your shot glass as some idiot slides down the bartop.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »
Can't say that I see a problem with the Furball area. You can still get into duels if you ask... I've jumped in the DA on many occasions to learn a new plane and work on SA/ACM. I get into a bunch of good fights daily. Takes roughly 2mins to engage in a fight... I don't see a problem.

As long as people don't HO or vulch fields I'm usually okay with everyone's style... I welcome people who chase me off their teammates - I expect as much! The idea of chasing one plane down with more than two is kinda ridiculous and I tend to skirt away from those situations as they are usually a waste of E and/or ammo.

I've also met a few good guys that were nice enough to help me out with some of my mistakes.

It seems to me that a lot of you guys are somewhat over-opinionated and quick to judge - expecting too much. I've read over a dozen threads this past week about pickers and they usually translate to (I went to 1v1 someone in the MA/DA Furball and someone snuck up behind me and shot me!) like I said, I just use that situation to practice my SA for a REAL event like the FSO.  :aok

Qrsu
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »
I have two problems with the lake.

Kills landed messages promote poor behavior. People are even vultching in tempests for kills. People that will only HO pick and run, only to turn back on you once engaged with someone else. These people are using their large kill messages to make a name and ego for themselves that's quickly leading the newbies there in the wrong direction. I know because I've spent the last week training newbies in there and as 1 person it is difficult to overpower the dweeb horde influence. (hlbly not included :) great fights! :) )

Furballs are fine, but these mega hordes are not. There is a difference.

I can occasionally handle even a 4vs1, but to have 6,7, even 8 or more DA squad members jump in against someone is ridiculous. It's not promoting fights. It's not promoting skill. "Get better SA" is a poor excuse to justify these actions. I see you all coming, that doesn't mean I can or will run away when I'm already engaged with 40% of your squad. Yes this happens in the MA too, but not to such a drastic ratio. How about improving your own skills rather than jumping into a gangfest on some poor sap?

We need to remove kill messages firstly. That will go a long way in changing the attitude. We also need to spend more time in there, hopefully influencing the way things are played. It just seems like most of these score pilots are too egotistical to be perceptive to either criticism or advice.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:22:06 PM by Thias »