Author Topic: Switching Countries  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: Switching Countries
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
ENY ...The gift that keeps on giving. :aok

Bronk, fire up your magical spreadsheeter and get us a nice graphical representation of ENWhines vs. Collision whines.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »
Where did I whine about ENY try reading.
Once again I have no problem with your choice of changing countries (IE: To Help Balance the numbers, if that your intent), but ENY does make a big impact on the dominant country ability to attack and if lets say 25 of you like minded members change to the lower populated country of which is enjoying a low ENY until you showed up (of course it depends on the total numbers on line across all three countries), "keep in mind this just a example", now that counties ENY either goes up or the dominant countries goes down which now counters the purpose of the ENY and gives the dominant country the ability to up the more effective planes and vehicles now. So under those circumstances you are not helping as much as you think which is one of your arguments about the time limits, the other point you made is to be able to fly with a friend that's in a different country or something to that effect of course a few people doing that is not going have any great impact to anyone and once again I don't have any problem with that either. So increasing the time to whatever amount above what it is now may help more than you think lets say 2-hours.

Now I see their has been a reference to spying, well that is not where I'm coming from, I was talking about people do this to game the game and everybody has seen or had some type of interaction with this type of player, most of the people in this game achieve their skills and objectives without having to stoop to that level of game play, you are not who I'm talking about and it is unfortunate that some ruin it for the others.

I also would like to say that the people that do this with the best intentions (I take my hat off to you fellows), but this is still not the same as a nonbias automatic function of the game such as ENY.  

:lol :lol
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 04:15:15 PM »
Bronk, fire up your magical spreadsheeter and get us a nice graphical representation of ENWhines vs. Collision whines.
Don't think I have enough cpu power for that. The numbers are just too large. :)
See Rule #4

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »
Don't think I have enough cpu power for that. The numbers are just too large. :)

Again ENY was used to explane the side switch not to whine about.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:40:45 PM by DCCBOSS »
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

You know nothing :rofl :lol :D
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
You know nothing :rofl :lol :D

I know that people who over use smilies are at least mildly retarded.  Does that count as something?
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »
maybe a "slightly higher perk value for their kills" or something along that line  

Perk point based ideas were tried first, they did nothing to move imbalance.  Like many others, I have tens of thousands of perk points, incentive based on perks are meaningless to long time players.  Hitech decided that the "carrot" approch would not work, and a "stick" would have to be used to make players balance the arena.  If his original idea had been implemented, players would have to either switch countries or wait their turn in the tower for an available slot to take off.  You can read the discussion if you like http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,126649.0.html (it only has 800+ replies :) )

Edit: had the wrong thread the first time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:09:45 PM by Murdr »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »
Once again I have no problem with your choice of changing countries (IE: To Help Balance the numbers, if that your intent), but ENY does make a big impact on the dominant country ability to attack and if lets say 25 of you like minded members change to the lower populated country of which is enjoying a low ENY until you showed up (of course it depends on the total numbers on line across all three countries), "keep in mind this just a example", now that counties ENY either goes up or the dominant countries goes down which now counters the purpose of the ENY and gives the dominant country the ability to up the more effective planes and vehicles now.

I see little difference between a hoard of A8s or heavy Jugs and a hoard of Nikkis or Tempests.  If you're trying to defend a base against say 20 or 25 to your 5 or 8 Spit 16s, you're still (should, anyway) going to have problems.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »
Perk point based ideas were tried first, they did nothing to move imbalance.  Like many others, I have tens of thousands of perk points, incentive based on perks are meaningless to long time players.  Hitech decided that the "carrot" approch would not work, and a "stick" would have to be used to make players balance the arena.  If his original idea had been implemented, players would have to either switch countries or wait their turn in the tower for an available slot to take off.  You can read the discussion if you like http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,126649.0.html (it only has 800+ replies :) )

Edit: had the wrong thread the first time.

I did as you suggested read through allot of those posts, I did not see anything close to what I had suggested about a squad volunteer program, forget the perks for the moment and just deal with the fact that HT needs more than the few people that are switching countries now to help balance the Arena's, HT could put out a application or request post to ask for squads to volunteer for this program and of course there needs to be some type of code of conduct and a commitment from those squads who choose to join. Now I know I may be oversimplifying this but this could be something worth looking at, as far as some kind of perk bonus or something, what you told me is that you have so many perks it doesn't matter to you, but the people that would join this most likely would not have such a big cash of perks, and since you are already doing this it is kind of moot for you.

DCCBOSS :salute
C.O. of Rolling Thunder