Author Topic: IL2 gunsights  (Read 600 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
IL2 gunsights
« on: December 19, 2008, 09:07:12 AM »
How does one change or add a custom gunsight to the IL2?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: IL2 gunsights
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »
You can't. The "gunsight" we can modify are just the projections on the glass screen of the actual gunsight. But the Il-2 doesn't have such a thing at all, just like the A-20
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 10:28:13 AM »
Danke S.M.  :aok

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:25:27 PM »
Well what I do is put my little arrow thingie, from my mouse thingie, into the middle of the sight thingie. Abouts wheres I figure the cannon rounds will hit. Instant sight! Then I mosey around looking for any tanks dumb enough to not bring wirbels with em, dodgeing run-90s and run-stangs 1/2 the time.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 08:35:08 AM »
Helps to have a center dot max, running an old CRT I can get away with putting a very small black permanent marker dot dead center. It can be trimmed or removed with a razorblade. However I suspect that wouldn't work so well on a LCD screen.

Mouse pointer trick works, lock it with the H key to prevent accidental movement.

600 and in use dead center, 800 and farther out put target about halfway between the center dot and the innermost ring. iL2's big cannons are incredibly accurate, set convergience about 5 - 650 and you can kill planes at 1.2 or more away.

Like the Yak9t you need a "1 shot, one kill" sniper mentality against planes. Take the time to line up each shot. Make sure controls are centered. Line him up and tap the fire button once. Watch where they went, adjust and try again.

Against tanks I'll often shoot all guns, trying for 3 or 4 shots on target from 800 yards in. Perhaps a bit farther out if I'm after a wirble. Wirbles are nasty for iL2's unless you can get right above them 2k up and drop a bomb on them.

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
if i run into worbles in an il2 i just dont attack and then land and up a 25 and then take out the wirble at range
snowey flying since tour 78