Author Topic: Buff Guns are Fine  (Read 585 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2000, 10:40:00 AM »
Ah yes, I remember the adrenaline rush of the fighter attacks...the screaming: Fighter diving 3 oc Hi! (and all guns that could face scrambled to fire at it)

eskimo

Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2000, 08:43:00 AM »
I fly buffs alot.
I hunt buffs alot.
In a fighter, I consider buffs to be a pretty easy kill.
In a buff, when a fighter attacks me, I figure I'm prolly gonna die.

Stop whining about buff guns until you spend a great deal of time flying and defending buffs.  If it's so dang easy to kill attacking fighters with a buffs defensive guns, then prove it!  Go trolling for fighters, see how you do.

It seems that no one who complains about buff guns spends a reasonable amount of their time using them.

eskimo

SpyHawk

Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2000, 11:53:00 AM »
Um, I fly a decent percentage of "my time" in buffs. I always feel like, "Yeah, get a little closer you little bugger", whever I see a fighter when I am buffing. Then I usually kill them.

Whenever I am in a fighter, I set up an attack, dive in from a side angle, or belly strafe, and usually get blown to bits befer I land enough hits to do anything.

maximus13

Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2000, 07:02:00 PM »
BUFF GUNS ARE FINE stop complaining, they are perfectly fine except for people who attack from dead 6, that's the oly time u get 6 guns trained on you, from the side and bottom, u get 2! And fighters get 6 or 4!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2000, 08:26:00 AM »
I've said this before, best balance of buff guns vs fighters in 11 years of online simming, and I do fly both.

SpyHawk

Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2000, 08:39:00 AM »
As my suggestions indicate, I believe the guns and armor on the bombers ARE correct.

The best I've seen before too.

However, I think it can be made more realistic by only allowing one gun per person, or increasing the recoil effect.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
I've seen plenty of 32-35K buffs in this version (anyone here remember the nonstop parade of Rook buffs A1-Knight HQ? I'm sure a few do  ). The relative toughness of guns and/or buffs have nothing to do with that tactic. It may be an excuse that some use for doing (and I am not necessarily saying it is wrong), but the ones that do it are going to do it no matter what.

I finally decided that chasing those guys to the stratosphere wasn't worth any amount of time. Since I don't really like radar to begin with, they are doing me a favor. And, with my flying down to a bare minimum at the moment (lots of real life stuff) I won't spend my one sortie chasing a buff at 32-35K that can outperform anything I can send after it.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »

Um, I fly a decent percentage of "my time" in buffs. I always feel like, "Yeah, get a little closer you little bugger", whever I see a fighter when I am buffing. Then I usually kill them.

There are times, while flying a buff that I know the pilot is going to be an easy kill.  There are other times I know the opposite to be true.  Buffs are easy targets for someone that knows how to attack them.

AKDejaVu

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2000, 06:51:00 AM »
During this tour:
1 - Flying B17. Every time someone has attacked my B17, he has been shot down. I've only got killed by surprise attacks, else the attacker is dead, and sometimes me too.

2 - Flying 109G10 3x20 against B17. Every time I attacked a B17 (any angle) I've been killed. Sometimes the buff has been killed also.

Now lets talk a bit about play balance. A single buff can negate fighters at a single airfield bombing the hangars. Actually buffs have a laser precission against ground targets, so, a single buff can cause critical damage to any base. If we give them the hability to kill easily any single defender fighter, we have created a monster.

About the 50s of the buffs, try to hit a P51 from another P51 at d1.2 with all the six 50s concentrated at the same point... impossible, right? Now try the same firing the 50s from a buff against a P51 at d1.2... P51 dead if not evades violently.

IMO, the precission of human handled weapons mounted into a moving platform should be "poor" compared to 6x50 mounted into the wings of a P51. The recoil, vibrations, etc, etc will affect directly to human hands and arms. So, my conclusion: Buff's 50s are death rays with no doubt.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2000, 08:00:00 AM »
The other day I was up on A14 and I saw a newbie in a B17 killing 3 fighters in short succession. 2 of them did a 6 aproach, one dead 6 other with lead and coming from avobe. The last one did a high 3 aproach dived under the B17 and there it exploded.

The B17 under a sea of tracers only got a fuel leak.

Needless to say I rolled my 190 towards A13 and let alone the damned Imperial Star Destroyer with his friggin turbolasers .

You call that "ballanced" lol.  

Bombers dont carry MGs. They carry computer aimed, autofiring, Magic (ball turret firing thru the fuselage...) Lazers with self aiming rounds able to hit up to 1.8K and Zero-G suits for the gunners so they can aim accurately to targets 1.1K away in the middle of a 4G turn (4G turn...humm...in a 4 engined bomber...wow).

"ballanced" lol.

In spanish:

Y una mierda, Ballanced!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-14-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2000, 08:04:00 AM »
Eeek, do NOT up buff toughness.

As it is, I have trouble shooting down buffs with a full load of 150 20mm and 500 mg.

It's amazing how they absorb damage.

Aye, I know, I should aim for the wings, but that's pretty hard in a 109 near compression approaching from 11 o c vertical. And I must do that if I am to have any hope of not getting shot down.

In the 190, 1-3 passes shoots the buff down, if I aim reasonably.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2000, 08:10:00 AM »
StSanta, man what happened to the LW guns? Ram pissed me off lastnight with the dweebc name calling again, so I upped in a g10. Haven't flown it in a long time. Spotted a B17 at about 20k, I was 28k. It took 4 crossing attacks and totally emptying the clips before he went down. I know I was hittin' him cause I was smokin' something new on each pass  .

------------------
Apache
=XO= VMF-323 Death Rattlers
VMF 323 Death Rattlers Web Site

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2000, 08:21:00 AM »

Originally posted by Apache:
StSanta, man what happened to the LW guns?

That now 4 mausers have less hittin power than 6 50 cals. But well they never were very powerful anyway.

Or maybe what happens, after all, is that you are now used to Hispanos, and you see the difference between mausers and hispanos...who knows? (hint hint, toad...maybe you want to test it his way and stopping those tests in TA  )

Ram pissed me off lastnight with the dweebc name calling again

I hope that after I explained it clearly you dont feel offended. It had nothing to do with you, an awesome pilot, but with a fact that we all know. I wont say anything about it because I dont want to start a flamewar (another) here.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-14-2000).]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2000, 09:12:00 AM »
lol Ram, I overlooked the obviuos here. Now I see why you dislike the Hispanos.  

Yes, your explanation was understood perfectly, no war with ya here <S>.

------------------
Apache
=XO= VMF-323 Death Rattlers
VMF 323 Death Rattlers Web Site

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Buff Guns are Fine
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »
I said it once, ill say it again. The turbolasers are, in my opinion and fact from what i've observed, the result of all possible guns firing at the same damn spot the human gunner aims.

have the non-human aimed guns to fire in a random spot in a 10 or 8 degree cone from where the human gunner is aiming. That way the non-human aimed guns will NOT be lethal at medium-long ranges (and would actually HELP the buff gunner if he misses..the other guns might hit the fighter!) but would be a challenge at close ranges. That gets rid of the "dark side of the force induced convergence" of all buff guns.

"You have failed me for the last time admiral"  *neck crunches*