Author Topic: That frustrating CV world map in blue  (Read 997 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
That frustrating CV world map in blue
« on: December 21, 2008, 02:25:29 AM »
Not sure what it's called but I call it cv world. It's the one where ltv's spawn feet dry and if a single person is alert you can't capture it because they drop supplies instantly. Well some one called me a name today because that is what I was doing, resupplying the base in the face of a huge attack. Now I'm not going to mention that individuals name here and I don't appreciate the remarks either. Still though I can understand his frustration with that tactic. That map needs some work.
To that individual, Guess who taught me that tactic.........Why Knits did of course. For the record, when you augered I was in a Werble.

I don't like that map and went to orange shortly after. Bish were getting their butt kicked there too but I like the map better.

Let me add. I keep a low profile intentionally, I don't taunt, call others names, nor do I boast. You will be wise to follow that lead.

The last thing I want to say is I wish you a good gaming experience and to remember the key word is game.

All the best!

Getback

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: That frustrating CV world map in blue
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 07:52:39 AM »
Yeah I tend to agree that map needs some tweeking with the lvt's spawning feet dry. I was also one of the culprits resupplying the base. It is not very sexy although it is very effective in stopping a port capture.

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
resupplying the base in the face of a huge attack.
I'm not sure what difference that makes. The port was ready for capture so you would have
done the same thing whether it was 1 guy and a goon or 35 guys and a goon.

IMO it's a lame exploit which is easily fixed by making the supplies only take if they are dropped
on concrete.
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »

IMO it's a lame exploit which is easily fixed by making the supplies only take if they are dropped
on concrete.

In the case in question you only had to drive about 50 feet to get on concrete any way. I don't give proxy kills at all I still would have drove further & almost no one was bombing gv's any way especially with all the acks up.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »
S!

that map, imho, is by far the best map of them all.  keep the cv for that port there and its almost impossible to capture.  although its almost as hard as explaining why you want to keep it there.  someone will come along and move the cv away.  no biggie.  so far, all the folks i've seen at these ports are having a blast.  its all in good fun.  dont change a thing.  btw....who wants to drive an lvt for 8 mins only to be blasted by jeff gordon and his super charged m8 just as he is about to go feet dry. not me.

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
Im sure he was mad that he couldn't take your Port and Hide the CV  :rofl  :rofl

Crims
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »

on concrete.

ANSWER HERE WTG GOOD THINKING

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
what's fustranting is manning a 5"gun on any ship,and trying to shoot at planes or other ships,and the guy controlling the fleet keeps turning the ship,where u can't shoot at it,or the fleet commander runs from the enemy fleet.esp when u have them outnumbered and still have your cv. :furious
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »
what's fustranting is manning a 5"gun on any ship,and trying to shoot at planes or other ships,and the guy controlling the fleet keeps turning the ship,where u can't shoot at it,or the fleet commander runs from the enemy fleet.esp when u have them outnumbered and still have your cv. :furious

Then there's the Exxon tanker rejects who insist on sailing straight into shore batteries that have the fleet ranged or won't turn the boat when bombers start rolling in overhead.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 01:04:54 PM »
I like the Trifecta, run the CV to the SB through the PT Spawn while bombers up and only fly 4 mins before dropping torps.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
CVs shouldn't be allowed within 25 miles of land. That would solve a number of problems on both sides.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 07:50:23 PM »
CVs shouldn't be allowed within 25 miles of land. That would solve a number of problems on both sides.

yes and Cruisers and DS's should be spawnable to go close in for shore bombardment. just limit it to
2 Cruisers and 4 DSs @ 1 time per fleet . Pay perks for them

make a new perk catagory, Ships. Get perks there when you kill/sink/damage enemy ships, or you bombard
enemy structures from ships guns.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »
yes and Cruisers and DS's should be spawnable to go close in for shore bombardment. just limit it to
2 Cruisers and 4 DSs @ 1 time per fleet . Pay perks for them

make a new perk catagory, Ships. Get perks there when you kill/sink/damage enemy ships, or you bombard
enemy structures from ships guns.

Oh nice Whels!  :aok

May I add I would like to see that if all ships are sunk that you cannot spawn an ltv.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »
We need to identify something first:  I have heard many of the wise ones here in these forums say this before, but not in so many words.

I think it boils down to some of our more senior players on each side to simply take some initiative and point out to the ones that are doing these gamey tactics of stealing cv's and hiding them in the corners of maps for the sole purpose of detracting from the game. 

If the problem is with the senior players not doing anything to combat it, then HTC would have to implement a change, until then it lies with us(or at least supposed too) to correct.

I cant speak for all 3 sides, but for the side I usually play for we do not have anyone doing such gamey crap as what I have seen from the other two when it comes to the cv's.  For instance, usually late at night, some guys will attack only ports and steal the cv's, by morning the fruits of their labor is hiding in a corner of the map somewhere and remains there for days under the watchful eyes of senior players. 

Does that mean the senior players are the issue and are condoning this behavior or gameplay?  I hope not since we all want the same thing, to make this game better and more enjoyable for all.
I am not afraid to snatch up someone in real life for doing something stupid and certainly not afraid to in this game when someone does something like this.

When a cv is 15 sectors away from the nearest base behind the nme lines and not being used for the fight is that being gamey?

This is just one of the issues I see in this game that is causing the degradation in this game, if HTC expects to keep the game going in the right direction by relying on the senior players to police this behavior, who else are they relying on because its not happening at least from what I see. 

HTC can fix bugs, make the game more enjoyable by adding better graphics, etc. etc.  but they cant fix the behavior by some players that are being allowed to them by senior players that knowingly turn a blind eye at it without making the game so restrictive it no longer is the game it is.

This may answer your questions as to why bish keep the cv's near their ports, its a reaction to the action of stealing them. 

I would much rather see that we police ourselves before HTC has to drop the hammer on something so pethetic and preventable by using the senior players that are here.

Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:51:41 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »
Nice post dads! Maybe we should be given the option to sink any captured cv so that is no longer on the map and no longer counts towards wining the war.