Author Topic: compressed alt for high alt planes (jugs and others)  (Read 746 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: compressed alt for high alt planes (jugs and others)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 10:41:19 AM »
Alright, I'll be one of the first to agree.

Either that, or make it so that a plane stalls out in a turn fight at 250 feet. Our idea of high alt seems to be about 10k. A fighter pilots idea of low alt in WWII? Roughly 500 feet. You want historical accuracy? Give us a 1.0 Fuel Burn Rate!

Giving the MA a 1.0 burn rate would make it even more gamey and it would put the air combat "sim" portion of it that much further away.  Too many guys already up with %25 and a DT.  No way. 

It is too bad there wasnt some way to model fuel efficiency based on altitudes across the board.  Those of us who strive to get to 20k before searching for a fight just might do it that much more often.   :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
No to air starts.  Start it, up it, and fly it to your desired alt and location. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
Since I'm not a fan of the 2x fuel burn multiplier, I'll add myself to the "no" category of responses.  That said, maps with some opposing airfields at 20k would be fun.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
I think it would turn aces high further in the direction of a Arcade game

although I very much would like to see more meaningful strat targets

but from what I have looked at, it seems that if a few people made a real effort at bombing say a Ords factory in a zone that had alot of action going on, that it could have a very real impact on the respawn time for the ords

which in turn could really delay strikes due to the slower respawn time
known as Arctic in the main