Author Topic: Port/CV capture/recaputer and hiding  (Read 372 times)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Port/CV capture/recaputer and hiding
« on: June 17, 2001, 09:06:00 PM »
it now  the thing for countries to hid the enemies CV from them. HT i suggest that
to stop the hiding there is only 1 way.

when a country retakes  1 of its original
ports the CV should respawn back to port after a givin time( say 10 hours) if it is not sunk before the time is up.  the limit would force them to either use it while they have it or loose the opertunity while hiding it.
Time could be small or large 24 hours before
respawn.

its too easy to hide and then defend the CV behind your mainland.

Whels

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2001, 11:24:00 PM »
Or just make it visible on the MA map for the country that owns the CVs original port.

Anyway I hope anything can be done to reverse the current ovearall "trend" in MA gameplay.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
I disagree - keep the CVs as they are.

It adds a twist of strategy to the game that would otherwise not be there.

If you want your CV - go hunt for it!

They don't move very fast, you can easily sweep the enemies territory in an hour (hint, fly a high-alt fast fighter like the P51 and get your buddies to help)

You don't even need to vis the CV, just fly over it - the 88s will let you know you've found it.

Trail the CV until the demolition crew arrives.

Voila!

Nexus

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
Fer pete's sake....all ya gotta do is switch countries, locate the CV, then report back to yer old countrymates where it is and the problem is solved.  There is already alot of this going on in the first place.  Or you could just turn around and look at the monitor of your other account.....   ;)

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
Yah and you can also switch sides and drive the CV to your friends so they can sink it - seen that happen.

But that goes to show the kind of character some of these folks have - they are not smart enough or skilled enough to play with in the rules of the game - so they devise ways to cheat or hack the front end.

Well some of us don't have to cheat to win.

Nexus

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by DmdNexus:
Yah and you can also switch sides and drive the CV to your friends so they can sink it - seen that happen.

But that goes to show the kind of character some of these folks have - they are not smart enough or skilled enough to play with in the rules of the game - so they devise ways to cheat or hack the front end.

Well some of us don't have to cheat to win.

Nexus

no some just need 3 to 1 odds to win.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »
I disagree - keep the CVs as they are.

It adds a twist of strategy to the game that would otherwise not be there.

If you want your CV - go hunt for it!

They don't move very fast, you can easily sweep the enemies territory in an hour (hint, fly a high-alt fast fighter like the P51 and get your buddies to help)

You don't even need to vis the CV, just fly over it - the 88s will let you know you've found it.

Trail the CV until the demolition crew arrives.

Voila!

Nexus

I tried it last night, I didn't find it very fun.  I don't think I will do it again.  And how do you know when you find the right one?  Sink it and wait 15 minutes to see if it comes up at your port?  If you think this is fun, I will send you a pail of dirt, grass seed, and a bucket of water.  Watching grass grow should be a real treat  :)

Gunner <CAF>
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
Ok... well then don't let the enemy get your ports.

Loosing command of a CV is part of the game... just like loosing DAR.

I wonder if I can go to Las Vegas and ask them to deal me only 10s and Aces at the Black Jack tabel - do you think they'll change the rules just for me, because
I don't think it's fun to loose my money?

Nexus.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
Ok... well then don't let the enemy get your ports.

Loosing command of a CV is part of the game... just like loosing DAR.

I wonder if I can go to Las Vegas and ask them to deal me only 10s and Aces at the Black Jack tabel - do you think they'll change the rules just for me, because
I don't think it's fun to loose my money?

Nexus.

Again, hard to do when odds are 3 to 1...how about getting your large squad to balance out the imbalance issue?  Some of the highly regarded squadrons in Warbirds did this...

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
Ok...this is the 3rd time today I have read almost teh same post from you Rip.

So, lets assume the Damned rotate to knits just to shut up the whining....then what?

I believe the Damned has like 60 members or something, right?  So now how has that helped the situation?  Now its the knits that have everyone outnumbered every night....oh, but that helps you doesnt it?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
Nope.  JG2 when I was CO had 70 members at one point, however, there were never more than 15 online at one time.

Take the number in a squad, then divide by 3, that's the avg. number that will be online at any one time.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
...and, I might add, this was successful in Warbirds when Pyro asked a few of the larger squads to balance the numbers...it didn't cause an over-balance to the undermanned side the two times I witnessed it...so going by case history, it works.

If Knits had numbers like bish have had for (going on week 8) 7 weeks, I garantee you we'd have tried to help this problem by changing countries.  I'd rather have an opponent with equal numbers and kick his butt, then have the odds in my favor.  But thats me, not necessarily any other CO would feel this way.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
damned buncha thread hijackers, Go whine on yer own thread!   :)

Here's a suggestion for the CV and port capture. How about that when the port is captured the fleet self destructs killing ALL players on board each vessel. The kills of those players go to the person who got the field capture. That would make an incentive to goon or GV the port and capture it. <evil grin>  :eek:

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
Yah making the CV explode... yah that's a possibility - hardly immersive...

But...

then that would remove my immense enjoyment in annoying the heck out of the enemy by playing "hide and seek" with their CV.

Besides...
I'm enjoying hearing all you CV loosers SQUEEEEEEEEEEEL for your CV's back on this BBS

You're not only CV loosers but "SQUEELING CV LOOSERS". LOL :P

"I fart in your general direction. Now Go away you kkkknitwits or I will taunt you a second time."

Nexus   :p   :p   :p   :p

<this is a good natured taunt>

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
Ripsnort,

I said this in another thread - I'll repeat it here.

Traditionally, the Damned stays with a country regardless of the numbers.

When we moved from AW to AH, Bish were picked because it was green - C land was green in AW. Hey - it's as good a reason as any other.

I personally have no problem moving around to ensure a balanced fight.  In fact, I prefer to fly against greater odds - easier to find targets that way.

I'll put this rotation issue before our members.

They might be persuaded if sufficient  beer and sheep are offered.

Nexus