Author Topic: KI-61 film  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
KI-61 film
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
I did this in the furball tonight, and I thought it was pretty good. I don't think I picked once in that whole film, but I could be wrong. I resupped 3 times, but it wasn't a cakewalk through the whole sortie.
Check it out, I think it might show some people that it dosn't take an uber plane to land lots of kills, and for those of you who fly it alot, enjoy. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?yq2w4thmomz

BTW, I did start with 5 kills, I forgot to turn it on after the first part of the sortie
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: KI-61 film
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
I stopped watching after the 4-5 minute mark. The mossie was a cherry pick as it was NEVER engaged with you. It was engaged with 2 of the other 15 knights in the area. Then you started switching to F3 mode and I decide finishing washing the dishes would be more worth while than watching the rest of this film.

About the only thing this film is good for is tooting your own horn. Congrats, your great at clubbing baby seals in an environment were you are one of the many in a plane "most" wouldn't consider an immediate threat. Woooo Hooo !   

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »
attention potato?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »
Like I said, I wasn't sure about me picking someone or not. Only reason why I was swiching back and forth was because of the poor cockpit views. The film was to show SA and not to show that I can toot my own horn. Sorry, but I'm sure your exprtice could do the same, and show us all how to realy do it. It wasn't for an experienced pilot such as you an me, but for someone who is rather new to the game, thats why I said, "It dosn't take an uber plane to down 13". My fault that it didn't show you anything new.
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
My suggestions:

Lose the F3 view
Give some 6 calls (was your vox out?)
Edit the film to give us a short clip of something interesting.

Only reason why I was swiching back and forth was because of the poor cockpit views.

Cockpit views are supposed to be part of the challenge.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 11:16:32 AM »
I stopped watching after the 4-5 minute mark. The mossie was a cherry pick as it was NEVER engaged with you. It was engaged with 2 of the other 15 knights in the area. Then you started switching to F3 mode and I decide finishing washing the dishes would be more worth while than watching the rest of this film.

About the only thing this film is good for is tooting your own horn. Congrats, your great at clubbing baby seals in an environment were you are one of the many in a plane "most" wouldn't consider an immediate threat. Woooo Hooo !   

FWIW..I concur...wasted bandwidth.  Was looking for some fancy ACM..didn't see any.  :frown:
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »
.......... Only reason why I was swiching back and forth was because of the poor cockpit views. The film was to show SA ............

SA is using what you have in the plane as views and managing your tactical situation with them. Gaming the game with the F3 view to enhance SA is not "using good SA", it "cheating" to club baby seals.

....... but for someone who is rather new to the game.....

...you would be wasting their time. Using F3 mode is like keeping the stall limiter on. Sure it works, but when you are in a fight with someone who knows what they are doing you will ALWAYS be toast. Learning to have good SA without using the crutch of the F3 mode will make anyone a far better player. The same goes for the stall limiter. There are a couple of threads of people who have finally turned it off and find themselves spinning all the time....because they learned with a crutch. For someone just starting out I would point out that this film is just as I called it, someone tooting his own horn "gaming the game".

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 12:10:22 PM »
My suggestions:

I did look. Yes, my vox is out.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »
Wow, never seen so much subtle bragging in a film.  :lol
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 01:06:17 PM »
I thought you could only use F3 views in bombers - how is he able to use them in a fighter?

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 01:36:13 PM »
My suggestions:

Lose the F3 view
Edit the film to give us a short clip of something interesting.

Cockpit views are supposed to be part of the challenge.

Good use of ammo and target selection tho.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 03:00:07 PM »
I thought you could only use F3 views in bombers - how is he able to use them in a fighter?

The DA and TA allow the use of the 'F3 view'.
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
Please, don't disrespect the Ki-61.   I haven't watched it, but from what I'm hearing?   Shame on you.   Again, do this crap with the Niki and Ki-84, but NOT my beloved 61.

When you get THIS!  (My 10th Wedding Anniv. present from the wife and from Japan) We'll talk.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »
attention potato?
Wow, never seen so much subtle bragging in a film.  :lol

Bosco is a good kid, but I think his ego holds him back from becoming a lot better.  :salute

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 09:59:46 PM »
where did you get that from, would like one for my self
handle the business,before the business handles you