Author Topic: poor ava  (Read 3528 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: poor ava
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »

It's also well known that everytime squads start showing interest in the AVA many of the self proclaimed regulars take offense to them flying in what they consider their arena.

you mean like the "Avengers" or "JG11" ??

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 12:46:14 PM »
All I care about is why Titanic Tuesday issues creep into the AvA, when they do not creep into the midwar arena.  Enough with the hijacking.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »
i think its because they both use the same server if i remember correctly. has something to do with that! that and bandwidth. better to ask skuzzy  :)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 12:51:50 PM »
All I care about is why Titanic Tuesday issues creep into the AvA, when they do not creep into the midwar arena.  Enough with the hijacking.

Next time its up check all the arena's servers. I'm betting that TT and AvA use the same one. The Vox issue always happens Tuesday when numbers start going up in TT. I forone think its because of the MOTD in the AvA. A few times Iv logged on and heard squaddies talking but once the MOTD loads I lose UDP and vox goes out.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 12:52:21 PM »
It's hard to maintain balance in an open arena, especially with our current planeset. The Axis rides have a slight advantage pre-winter 42/43, but after that, the Allies begin to gain a significant advantage for prop planes. I know I'll get flamed for saying it, but sometimes you need to drop some historical rides to keep it balanced.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
you mean like the "Avengers" or "JG11" ??

No I don't, those two squads were a breath of fresh air to this cess pool.
It's apparent you're either ignorant or trolling. Personally I don't think you're clever enough to troll.
Or maybe they just threaten your little kingdom that's why you feel the need to bash them constantly.

You're sure not clever  enough to change for the good of the arena.
You talk the talk with your little code of ethics post, but your post above is proof you don't mean any of it. Maybe you just do it for the attention.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »

Next time its up check all the arena's servers. I'm betting that TT and AvA use the same one. The Vox issue always happens Tuesday when numbers start going up in TT. I forone think its because of the MOTD in the AvA. A few times Iv logged on and heard squaddies talking but once the MOTD loads I lose UDP and vox goes out.

If they share the same server, then the problems make sense.  How would we go about convincing HTC to move the AvA to the mid-war/early-war server?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »
B4Buster

"agree 100%, people want to point and shoot, not have historically accurate arenas, planesets, and fights"

Pretty absurd to think you speak for everyone isn't it?

Republic

"I've always wondered why no other squads want to come to the AvA...  Really the AvA is the only real place FOR historically based squads.  You fight your historical enemy, more often than not in your historical airframe.

What's not to love?"

I have to disagree with you Republic. The Luftwaffe get's their historical rides 90% of the time. The Allies change airframes weekly and usually end up flying what the Luftwaffe squads and Oldman thinks they should fly.

It's also well known that everytime squads start showing interest in the AVA many of the self proclaimed regulars take offense to them flying in what they consider their arena. So they throw turds until the squads get fed up and leave. It goes back to 5 or 10 players a night and the regulars swapping spit about how much fun their having and how great the fights are now that all the tards are gone. Then a couple of months later they start wondering why nobody flies in the AVA.  The AVA is in that cycle again now. Nothing's changed it's always been this way and it always will. I speak for nobody other than myself this is my opinion.

I agree 100% with Shifty

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 01:50:25 PM »
<S> B4Buster and squad, glad you guys are around.

To the detractors of the AvA  <S>  You have a valid opinion, I guess we just see things differently.
P-47 pilot

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
If they share the same server, then the problems make sense.  How would we go about convincing HTC to move the AvA to the mid-war/early-war server?

It is very easy to check what servers each arena uses (or at least what IP): on the logon screen select an arena and do a Ping test.  This shows that AvA shares only with the Training Arena and the Dueling Arena  (all are on 206.16.60.41).  Or does the IP not necessairly refer to the physical server?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »
No I don't, those two squads were a breath of fresh air to this cess pool.
It's apparent you're either ignorant or trolling. Personally I don't think you're clever enough to troll.
Or maybe they just threaten your little kingdom that's why you feel the need to bash them constantly.

You're sure not clever  enough to change for the good of the arena.
You talk the talk with your little code of ethics post, but your post above is proof you don't mean any of it. Maybe you just do it for the attention.

:rofl
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »
<S> B4Buster and squad, glad you guys are around.

To the detractors of the AvA  <S>  You have a valid opinion, I guess we just see things differently.

Republic, you're one of the people I believe truely wants to see a better healthier AVA. So that must make you a detractor as well.
It's going to take everybody changing with give and take on all sides. If that never occurs it's just going to stay the same old AVA.
Have a good Christmas.
<S>

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:50 PM »
<S> Shifty

I think it's doing great at the moment.  Give the AvA a whirl again, you might be surprised.

I know your a blue plane squad, it'd be nice if they'd tweak and throw a radial on the Ki-61 and give us the Ki-100, a fresh Japanese plane would give our Pacific setups a much needed fun infusion.  JM2 Raiden would be nice too...

The best thing I did to enjoy the game more was rarely frequent the forum, stop responding to 200 nonsense and swap over and fly with the people who are irritating me from time to time.  I've found a few good eggs that I had previously thought were idiots, and I've found a few certified goobers who I had previously only had suspicions about.  :)

Now if Buster would just show me how he flies a P-38....my AvA experience would be near perfect.  Well, that and if I didn't constantly see "System:  N7/VWE/TBar/Larry has just whipped ur behind...again"  Oh well...least I have something to strive for.  lol  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »
No doubt the Japanese plane set needs an infusion. The Blue planes fly well in Royal Navy Sea Gray and Green off Norway.
Or another possible setup I've not seen is.

Operation DRAGOON, the invasion of southern France on 15 August 1944, included two carrier task groups:

TG 88.1 (British) with HMS Khedive, HMS Emperor, HMS Searcher, HMS Pursuer and HMS Attacker. These were all CVE's loaded with Wildcats, Hellcats and Seafires;
TG 88.2 (USN) with USS Tulagi, USS Kasaan Bay, HMS Hunter and HMS Stalker. Likewise, these were all CVE's loaded with Wildcats, Hellcats and Seafires.

Opposing them ashore was the Luftwaffe's Jagdgruppe 200 based at Aix-les-Milles and Avignon-East under Jagdfliegerführer Südfrankreich/5. Jagddivision (Luftfoltte 3) and equipped with Bf 109G's. Pilots from the Gruppe did engage Wildcats and Hellcats on several occasions.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 03:43:57 PM »
Sounds somewhat similar to the "sink the Tirpitz" setup, which I also don't recall having seen for a while (but I admit to not being around nearly as much as I used to).
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."