Author Topic: poor ava  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
poor ava
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:35:46 AM »
So I logged into the ava...

Immediately got a lost UDP, switching to TCP message.
Vox was out.
People were vulching.
The two opposing airbases were within walking distance of each other.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: poor ava
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:57:30 AM »
Hmm yeah, does Vox ever work in there? Got the same greeting upon entering.
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 05:19:26 AM »
Hmm yeah, does Vox ever work in there? Got the same greeting upon entering.
VOX is working at this time.

Now if we can only get some good squads in there on a regular basis, to disrupt, or at least challenge the very talented JG54...
 :noid

Had some great fights last night, against the 109's, and JU-88's (easy prey) in my Pee Fortay Easy.  Then the JG's came on and worked their charm.  Not a bad thing at all, mind you, as those guys fly like squadrons are supposed to fly, and I admire them greatly for the skill and discipline they display in game... 

One day x0cet, I'll get you one day!  ;)

Maybe if HTC dropped one of the LW arenas, we would see a resurgence of numbers in the AvA?
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »
Immediately got a lost UDP, switching to TCP message.
Vox was out.
People were vulching.
The two opposing airbases were within walking distance of each other.

Titanic Tuesday.  We always lose VOX on Titanic Tuesday.

I'm suspecting the vulchers were MA people who weren't interested in Titanic Tuesday?

There is much good in having bases close together.  Lord knows that it's easy enough to find bases far apart in Tunisia!

- oldman

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »
Everytime I logged into the arena I lost UDP. So eh
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 09:52:02 AM »
I haven't seen the midwar arena suffer in the same way on Tuesdays, nor the dueling arena.  I don't know how the HTC servers work, but it seems like whatever does the work of the main arena also does the work of the AvA, and so the two suffer together, while the other arenas don't.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »
i was in there early last night and didnt have problems, other then dying to b4buster and fudgums hehehhe. good fun guys, sorrry but i do get frustrated at times. merry christmas :salute

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 10:36:30 AM »
49th is becoming a force to reckon with IMO, we'll give JG 54 a run for their money  :aok
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »
I've always wondered why no other squads want to come to the AvA...  Really the AvA is the only real place FOR historically based squads.  You fight your historical enemy, more often than not in your historical airframe.

What's not to love?
P-47 pilot

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »

Maybe if HTC dropped one of the LW arenas, we would see a resurgence of numbers in the AvA?

Not likely. If people wanted to be there they would go there now.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »
Not likely. If people wanted to be there they would go there now.

agree 100%, people want to point and shoot, not have historically accurate arenas, planesets, and fights
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 11:44:11 AM »

B4Buster

"agree 100%, people want to point and shoot, not have historically accurate arenas, planesets, and fights"

Pretty absurd to think you speak for everyone isn't it?

Republic

"I've always wondered why no other squads want to come to the AvA...  Really the AvA is the only real place FOR historically based squads.  You fight your historical enemy, more often than not in your historical airframe.

What's not to love?"

I have to disagree with you Republic. The Luftwaffe get's their historical rides 90% of the time. The Allies change airframes weekly and usually end up flying what the Luftwaffe squads and Oldman thinks they should fly.

It's also well known that everytime squads start showing interest in the AVA many of the self proclaimed regulars take offense to them flying in what they consider their arena. So they throw turds until the squads get fed up and leave. It goes back to 5 or 10 players a night and the regulars swapping spit about how much fun their having and how great the fights are now that all the tards are gone. Then a couple of months later they start wondering why nobody flies in the AVA.  The AVA is in that cycle again now. Nothing's changed it's always been this way and it always will. I speak for nobody other than myself this is my opinion.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »

I have to disagree with you Republic. The Luftwaffe get's their historical rides 90% of the time. The Allies change airframes weekly and usually end up flying what the Luftwaffe squads and Oldman thinks they should fly.

It's also well known that everytime squads start showing interest in the AVA many of the self proclaimed regulars take offense to them flying in what they consider their arena. So they throw turds until the squads get fed up and leave. It goes back to 5 or 10 players a night and the regulars swapping spit about how much fun their having and how great the fights are now that all the tards are gone. Then a couple of months later they start wondering why nobody flies in the AVA.  The AVA is in that cycle again now. Nothing's changed it's always been this way and it always will. I speak for nobody other than myself this is my opinion.

All im saying.
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »

Unfortunately this is because of the limited Axis planeset in AH, and also historical accuracies.  It's usually 109's or Zeke's.  When it's Zeke's no one plays.  We have no 110 squads, and absolutely no Japanese squads.  I did, however, see an Italian Gruppe a few days back.

The allies have a much more fleshed out planeset so it's easier to segment and say "Ok only this ride for this setup".  With Axis it's as I said before, 109's or Zekes.  :( 

Personally, I prefer the P-47 to any plane in the game, unfortunately the P-47 seldom shows it's face in the AvA.

As for the other...the AvA seems to be slowly growing again and it's more cordial than ever.

Give it a whirl again, you might be surprised.

<S>
P-47 pilot

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

Yes because those allied squads can only fly the planes the real squad flew in the war. Thats why youll never see tyrant in a 110 or me in a 109G14 or 109K. :rolleyes:
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner