Author Topic: Logged in...Logged out...  (Read 5189 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Logged in...Logged out...
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »
Its happening a lot more often, and not just to me. With overall subscriptions off by at least 10% and a lot of people on the fence I hope the powers that be will take a good hard look at tweaking what they can. An awful lot of good players are on there last leg with things....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Logged in...Logged out...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:03:23 AM »
Its happening a lot more often, and not just to me. With overall subscriptions off by at least 10% and a lot of people on the fence I hope the powers that be will take a good hard look at tweaking what they can. An awful lot of good players are on there last leg with things....

I stopped playing AH2 seriously a long time ago, just after the MA was torn apart and the game play went tits up. But where can I go, nowhere is the answer to that question! Aces High 2 has been the best online combat flight simulation for the last 10 years, by a long shot I might add. That being said AH2 isn't perfect, I really hope for changes now that CT has been put on the shelf (Thank God). HTC should start by getting shot of arena caps and go from there as nothing positive has changed since, there are still hordes and a little less lag for the people who are playing on dial up in exchange for poor map rotation and no war to win!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 01:22:44 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »
How do you know how many less pay to play nowadays?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:27:09 AM »
 :lol It'll be ok  :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 12:50:15 AM »
Yep, I know how you feel.
explain yourself!*

Can you really say you've not noticed it yourself?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 01:14:02 AM »
Frankly I've been having a pretty good time with my squadies. Saturday, during the day, we shared a lot of laughs and captured a few bases. And that was after ol Getback got peeved a couple of days earlier. Oh well, highs and lows.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 03:35:44 AM »
I agree with getback. Just let HTC do their thing. They can't go too extreme, with the fear that people will not like it. They tweak it a little bit at a time.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 07:16:49 AM »
Last legs with what things? I dont know anything about Legs or things.

Yesterday we had some moron Rook get all upset cause we lost a base. And he was neither kidding nor a "kid". He was an adult genuinely upset, I actually thought he was going to throw a freak.

Another time I was mowing down Panzers with my IL-2. Some Rook, mind you another adult, said from within the confines of his little cartoon tank, "If you guys are going to keep killing tanks with your IL-2s then I'm not going to waste my time here".

Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa. So the theory was introduced that if he was allowed to shoot other little cartoon tanks, with his little cartoon tank, then he wouldn't be "wasting his time". :huh Well maybe I haven't lived the accomplished life I should have but even I can figure out that shooting little cartoon tanks doesn't exactly rank with performing free palate correction surgery on 3rd world children.

I think some people in this game should be forced to take one walk around the block a day. Yaknow? Make them wave at people and things for like 10 mins. Sheesh! Get a life!
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »
Yeah HTC is doing a fine job with this game. And if there is a real issue and you call they usually help. Also if you post in Tech support skuzzy usually has an answer for you.  :salute
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
Cancelled mine a few days ago. If it hadn't been for the guys in my squad I would have cancelled a long time ago. I used to look forward to logging on but most of the fun guys to play with have already quit or just don't play much at all anymore so I had to be extremely bored to even try getting on. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

:salute

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
Last legs with what things? I dont know anything about Legs or things.

Yesterday we had some moron Rook get all upset cause we lost a base. And he was neither kidding nor a "kid". He was an adult genuinely upset, I actually thought he was going to throw a freak.

Another time I was mowing down Panzers with my IL-2. Some Rook, mind you another adult, said from within the confines of his little cartoon tank, "If you guys are going to keep killing tanks with your IL-2s then I'm not going to waste my time here".

Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa. So the theory was introduced that if he was allowed to shoot other little cartoon tanks, with his little cartoon tank, then he wouldn't be "wasting his time". :huh Well maybe I haven't lived the accomplished life I should have but even I can figure out that shooting little cartoon tanks doesn't exactly rank with performing free palate correction surgery on 3rd world children.

I think some people in this game should be forced to take one walk around the block a day. Yaknow? Make them wave at people and things for like 10 mins. Sheesh! Get a life!

:salute

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »
Just out of curiosity how would you know its off by 10%, I'm sure HTC has the realtime data and has watched the peaks and valleys come and go.

The game is what it is, the entertainment value is still there, if you don't try putting to much into it, (the rivet counters curse) like anything else I play in spurts when the interest strikes me.  Late spring and summer I don't play much, fall and the early part of the year I play allot with the exception of the Christmas holidays.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 09:34:21 AM »
Agree with the op and Kazza, catch22 really,I guess I'll just lurk around in the AvA and maybe pop into the MA from time to time from now on.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
Gloom and Doom. I think it just gets old. Maybe this should be posted in the epic fail thread.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 09:43:27 AM »
someone stole your AH mojo snap?

problem finding it again will be the several fat B******  that play.
The Few ***
F.P.H