Author Topic: AvA Attitude  (Read 3618 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: AvA Attitude
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 07:45:19 PM »
If you do keep acting like you're flying in the MA just to land kills then I guarantee you will be driven out.

Sounds like staffer material to me. 

I believe we have found the root of the problem.  :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »
Sounds like staffer material to me. 

I believe we have found the root of the problem.  :aok

Where did I say I would be the one to run him off? :rolleyes:

And what "problem" are you speaking of?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »
 They claim things are different in the AvA due to the small numbers flying there; they fail to mention the small numbers flying there is in direct correlation to the large numbers of abusive players allowed to run wild in the arena.  Hang in there Dawger, a few other squadrons are also waiting for another flush or two of the offending jg toilet.  Maybe then, the arena will no longer be a glorified Dueling Arena and all paying customers can enjoy realistic plane sets in the game. As far as I'm concerned, one down and a couple more to go.....................

Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

Where did I say I would be the one to run him off? :rolleyes:

And what "problem" are you speaking of?

I believe most people would safely assume that when you make a statement that contains the words " I guarantee" it suggests that you will take an active part in making said prediction come true to the best of your abilities, or support such an endeavor.

Joe Namath 'guaranteed' a Super Bowl victory.

If the Jets had lost & a reporter asked him 'what about that guarantee, Joe?" and Namath replied with your "Where did I say I would be the one to win the Super Bowl?"  he would be in the football follies but not the Hall of Fame :)

Unless you are guaranteeing something like 'the sun will go down' or 'jumping in the pool will get you wet', the implication is that you will, as Namath did, do your best to make your guarantee come to fruition.

And the 'problem' would probably be perceived by some to be two fold.
1- The lack of players in an otherwise beautiful arena in a gaming community that regularly host upwards of 400 players a night online, and the lack of steady opponents for AvA players.
2- The predominant attitudes reflected in your beliefs that one could/would get 'run off' and driven away from a community that members should be trying to grow, which brings us back to #1.

Self Fulfilling prophesy.

The great combination of player contributed skins, terrains & scenarios available in the AvA is negated by a community that unfortunately shoots itself in the foot when handling other aspects of the arena.

Thank Goodness for the Snapshots, SnS and other events that still let folks get that historic experience when they need it.

PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
 Want to see their real attitude towards the AH Community? Read their forums; it speaks volumes of how they treat others in the Arena.

http://www.ahgreenhearts.org/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=8
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
Now now, there are several of us in JG-54 who, as far as I know, have done nothing to deserve scorn.  Lets not throw the word "they" around too much.
P-47 pilot

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 09:12:18 PM »
Oh, and regarding interrupting '1 v 1's....

I see a difference between 2 pilots locked in a neutral fight, and one player totally defensive as the enemy is on him.

While the second example is also '1 v 1', I would expect that anyone flying in a 'historic' arena would come to the aid of the fellow countryman.

Part of the immersion of flying in a historic arena is the experience of helping a teammate in need and saving his bacon.

Personally no matter what arena, event, etc Im flying in, I encourage anyone to help me kill a bandit, especially if Im defensive.  I get to live to fight another day, which should be the prevailing attitude in a historic arena. I never get upset because someone was trying to help me.  Flying like your life means something should be par for the course.  Thats part of what gives an arena a historic feel.  

PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »
Now now, there are several of us in JG-54 who, as far as I know, have done nothing to deserve scorn.  Lets not throw the word "they" around too much.

Sorry Republic, but it's impossible to be in a squad and not know what rules are being broken by other members of that squad.  I will however say, I hope you are not an offender and that you are still around to fly with after all the dust settles.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
  I will however say, I hope you are not an offender and that you are still around to fly with after all the dust settles.

:uhoh I'm terrified.  Whats going to happen lutrel?  :noid

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 09:59:34 PM »
Oh Lordy LOL

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »
They claim things are different in the AvA due to the small numbers flying there; they fail to mention the small numbers flying there is in direct correlation to the large numbers of abusive players allowed to run wild in the arena.  Hang in there Dawger, a few other squadrons are also waiting for another flush or two of the offending jg toilet.  Maybe then, the arena will no longer be a glorified Dueling Arena and all paying customers can enjoy realistic plane sets in the game. As far as I'm concerned, one down and a couple more to go.....................
 :cry

Nice... didn't you pull your squad out of the AvA cause you couldn't hang but now you want to come into the forum to just stir the pot? You should be at the head of the line for the next flush!   :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »
Hmmm, gona need somthing heavy duty for that.  :D

Mabey a Danze one flush?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJeNXiuOs-8

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »
Lol flying with yall tonight proved how big twits yall are. This thread is a total waste of time.

btw

Scratch 1 on the witch hunt(me)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008, 11:03:51 PM »
Lutrel, you just had to go there did'nt you. Now its the JG squad causing all the problems. Ill have you know that I fight the fights that are handed to me. If I get it from all angles in a furball, thats the approach I use for the remainder. If the fights are clean 1v1 then that is how I approach all the fights.
Im tired of people labeling all of the community due to being involved in a squad. Its a cheap dig that helps nothing in the community. My point is be specific and dont generalize. It will give you more credibility in further discussions.

Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
I was in the AvA (last night I think - it's all a blur these days).  I didn't get to fight any real 1v1.  I think there were maybe 5 or so in the arena.  I went flying around looking for someone to up.  Found one, tangled for a couple of minutes, and then found another coming up to join his bud.  Turned into a 1v2, which lasted another minute or so until I got flamed.

After that, it turned into a little furball, I think maybe 2v3 or 3v4 (I can't remember).  It was fun, and I don't remember anyone saying "you ruined our private 1v1".  I guess the guys in there that night were more concerned with having fun.

I can see where some people might feel it's their private little arena, as there are few passers-by that pop in to see what it's all about.  But I can't see where this would entitle anyone to dictate "policy" to anyone else.  People just take things too seriously sometimes.

I got into the habit very quickly (been in AH2 since March this year) to ask a countryman locked in battle if he needs help. [I wish everyone did, but many succumb to the blood-lust of killing everything they can just to see their name in lights; thus swooping in to steal a kill that I've been working on during a few minutes of good combat.]  If he says no, I either loiter in case he changes his mind, or fly elsewhere looking for a fight.  If he gives me the go-ahead, I'll do my best to kill whoever needs killing.  If that person complains about getting picked in a 1v1, and rants like a lunatic, I just chuckle and ignore it - it's not a hard thing to do.

There is much chest-thumping that I've seen during my short time here, but that's to be expected with any game - real life or computer.  I have found this to be quite humorous at times; but sometimes I just have to say to myself "WTF, it's a game...why do they get so wound up?"
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals