Author Topic: Who should die in a collision  (Read 2251 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Who should die in a collision
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 04:11:56 PM »
   Most of the time collisions are head on. Also I've had the message X has collided with you and I'm toast and his (Usually a Spit) plane flies off into the sunset. A solution to stop collisions would be for both aircraft to be disabled thus causing pilots to avoid headon attacks. I can understand glancing hits but some use the head on tactic too much. :mad:

I have a much much better way for stop collisions.

DO NOT FLY INTO THE OTHER PLANE.

HiTech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
   Most of the time collisions are head on. Also I've had the message X has collided with you and I'm toast and his (Usually a Spit) plane flies off into the sunset. A solution to stop collisions would be for both aircraft to be disabled thus causing pilots to avoid headon attacks. I can understand glancing hits but some use the head on tactic too much. :mad:

well.....you found em out. hitech delibretley modeled this so that spits could survive anything. wait'll he installs the "warp drive bug" in the game.....just for the spit 16.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »

HiTech

What about if a collision message appears, no matter who is at fault, both planes die. That is simple and easy, and should reduce Hoing too.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 04:22:26 PM »
What about if a collision message appears, no matter who is at fault, both planes die. That is simple and easy, and should reduce Hoing too.

The system never tulips FAULT in a collision. And once again, see the pictures because I am sure you will love taking damage when that plane 100 yards behind you collides with you.

Now think about the result of a head on, the person who avoids the collision is now at the disadvantage,so of course he will now try to do the collision, so the end result is a lot MORE collisions and whining.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »

HiTech

From my experience this comment is...dead on.  I've never had a problem with the collision model.  Whenever there is a collision, I always felt that even if it was his fault, it was still mine too for not anticipating it.  Playing from the midwest though, I have a very good connection so it functions correctly for me.  Europe might be a whole other story.  Lusche, I hope you don't get rammed consistently like your screen cap shows, that would be very frustrating and I could definitely see why some would question the model even if it's entirely a latency issue.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
From my experience this comment is...dead on.  I've never had a problem with the collision model.  Whenever there is a collision, I always felt that even if it was his fault, it was still mine too for not anticipating it.  Playing from the midwest though, I have a very good connection so it functions correctly for me.  Europe might be a whole other story.  Lusche, I hope you don't get rammed consistently like your screen cap shows, that would be very frustrating and I could definitely see why some would question the model even if it's entirely a latency issue.

The good thing in current collision modeling, my ping doesn't matter at all. What I see is what I get, just like any other player.
BTW, the one doing the ram (and getting all the damage) was me ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »

Yeah, I am sure everybody would be thrilled to die in a collision with a plane 100-300' away.

That sure does makes a whole lot more sense than only taking damage if you actually hit them like we have now.

Do you even think before you post?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2008, 04:33:16 PM »

DUDE....

didn't you get it et?

your "reality" and mine, are different at any given time ingame.

look at lusches, or bronks pictures. they explain it all.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2008, 04:35:12 PM »

Yeah, I am sure everybody would be thrilled to die in a collision with a plane 100-300' away.

That sure does makes a whole lot more sense than only taking damage if you actually hit them like we have now.

If 2 planes collide, then they both should die. Why should one plane get the benefit over another because of connection issues (which no one has control over). I've never collided with someone 100'-300' away. Both planes die is simple and straight forward.

Do you ever think before you post?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2008, 04:36:06 PM »

ya know what dude....i didn't think before i responded to the same post of his that you did.

he does think before he types.

he was/is fishing again. and he got at least two of us.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2008, 04:37:20 PM »
If 2 planes collide, then they both should die. Why should one plane get the benefit over another because of connection issues (which no one has control over). I've never collided with someone 100'-300' away. Both planes die is simple and straight forward.

Do you ever think before you post?

lets try it this way.

BECAUSE IT'S WHAT YOUR COMPUTER SEES!!!! NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2008, 04:38:32 PM »
The good thing in current collision modeling, my ping doesn't matter at all. What I see is what I get, just like any other player.
BTW, the one doing the ram (and getting all the damage) was me ;)

Well, for the most part.  I'm fairly certain I have only received the White collision message before and incurred some damage, such as an oil leak or a broken aileron.  Phantom collisions should be more frequent for European players than U.S. players I'd imagine.  Of course, as long as you keep the collision off your screen, you shouldn't incur any fatal damage.  It really is a genius model.  Can't please everyone.  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »
I've never collided with someone 100'-300' away.

Of course not. Because that would only happen if we implement the "BOTH GO DOWN" :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »
Of course not. Because that would only happen if we implement the "BOTH GO DOWN" :)
:rofl :aok
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »

Why is it that whenever it is the other person's fault for the collision, I die? I hardly ever win collisions. What do I need to do to win?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***