Author Topic: I hate my area  (Read 1316 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: I hate my area
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
avoiding arrest through deception will only put off the inevitable because eventually druggies and criminals will make a mistake and get caught through their own stupidity. Police officers are only doing their job, and those of us who are law abiding citizens respect and commend them.

no place on this planet for drug users or sellers. distorting reality through drug use is a sign of a week mind and an inability to deal with problems.

"lets bury our head in the sand and the problem will go away"

THEN why is it that we have so many liquor stores?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 12:19:25 PM »
* druski85 tucks up into a corner and prepares for a lock.  

I'm not a big fan of making dogs smell moth balls...I would think doing that several times would have some sort of negative implications for the dog's health, if it temporarily "blinds" the dog's sense of smell.  This being said:

1. Don't know where to start here.  I respect and commend those police officers who do their job in a fair manner, without a massively inflated ego.  I've met plenty of officers who deserve the utmost respect, and many who deserve none.  The position does not dictate respect -- how the position is carried out does.  I used to work for the NY Sherriff's Association, so I've met and worked with plenty of policemen.

2. I haven't done it in quite some time, but for those of my friends who continue to use "light" drugs, they are not trying to deal with any problems.  Its and enjoyable pass-time, and nothing else.  Unforunately, some users cannot draw this distinction, which then creates the lovely generalizations which you have so elequently portrayed for us.  For myself and my friends, it was no different than drinking a few beers.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »
Thanks CAP, I meant to make that anology as well :)

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
I live in a relatively crime free area, so therefore I may be somewhat naive when it comes to crooked cops, as we dont have enough crime for that to be profitable. On that note, a crooked cop deserves the same fate as any other criminal.

as far as the "recreational drug user" goes, how do you distinguish between him or a more serious user.
they both get the stuff from somewhere. A large drug supplier is ultimately at the top of the supply chain.
Some of the drugs brought in on the shipment used by recreational users find their way into our schools and first time users who otherwise would not have access to it if it were not smuggled in , in the first place.

The difference between alcohol and drugs is one is legal and the other is not. plain and simple.
Alcohol is processed and inspected at the manufacturer level while drugs can and are made in some low educated greedy scumbags basement with an assortment of filthy non sterile instruments and who knows what kind of ingredients.

would any of you "recreational drug users" recommend your children begin using your preferred drug of choice?
                            (Lets assume you have or will eventually have children)
~~~***OFFICIAL FORUMS JERK POLICE***~~~
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »
Thanks CAP, I meant to make that anology as well :)

:D

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
I live in a relatively crime free area, so therefore I may be somewhat naive when it comes to crooked cops, as we dont have enough crime for that to be profitable. On that note, a crooked cop deserves the same fate as any other criminal.

as far as the "recreational drug user" goes, how do you distinguish between him or a more serious user.
they both get the stuff from somewhere. A large drug supplier is ultimately at the top of the supply chain.
Some of the drugs brought in on the shipment used by recreational users find their way into our schools and first time users who otherwise would not have access to it if it were not smuggled in , in the first place.

The difference between alcohol and drugs is one is legal and the other is not. plain and simple.
Alcohol is processed and inspected at the manufacturer level while drugs can and are made in some low educated greedy scumbags basement with an assortment of filthy non sterile instruments and who knows what kind of ingredients.

would any of you "recreational drug users" recommend your children begin using your preferred drug of choice?
                            (Lets assume you have or will eventually have children)

even crime free areas have crooked cops.....that cop that might write you up for a headlight out is technically crooked, as 10 years ago, that would've been a warning........

i would not want my kid drinking or doing any drugs at all....they all lead to worse stuff.....

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »

Not the case.  My friends grew their own in the middle of upstate New York, and I assure you no one outside of the group ever got hold of it.  Again, generalizations abound here.  Keep in mind, it was always limited to marijunana -- I tend not to be associated with "heavy" drug users. 

As far as my kids go -- if they want it, they are going to get it on their own.  The best thing you can do is educate your kids about the ramifications of their actions, and keep them informed.  I would not be GIVING my child drugs, nor would I encourage it.  However, I'm not going to be the father who REFUSES to talk with their kids out of the "its terrible in principle" clause.  Additionally, with education you can easily avoid the "gateway" syndrome.  I've never tried anything heavy, nor have my friends. 

If you are going to use the "alcohol is inspected and not shady" argument...if it were legalized marijuana would be the same once it main-streamed a bit.  As far as social and phsyical health impacts go, its very similar to alcohol in most respects.

Its a very loaded topic.  It's one of those where people rarely change their minds.  I just hope to break down some of the generalizations surrounding it, as much as is possible.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 01:06:23 PM »

If you are going to use the "alcohol is inspected and not shady" argument...if it were legalized marijuana would be the same once it main-streamed a bit.  As far as social and phsyical health impacts go, its very similar to alcohol in most respects.

main difference being, that people tend to turn somewhat violent when they're drunk. balls in a bottle.

smoke a joint........friggin EVERYTHING is funny. guy calls ya an stunninghunk, and you'll turn round and fart at him.  :rofl

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline smkelly13

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
To much drama were i live,

two streets up teens are arrested for trying to start a car fire.
one street down our my mothers friend is arrested for slapping her husband for dirty dancing with another woman on new years and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. across the main road a neighbors car blew up (not purposely). just 1 or two days ago a lady riding her bike was hit by a car and is, i hate to say it but was most likely dead on arrival.
"Simple" thing to do is move.
forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions
-
Soon you will be able to buy a GM product imported from China at a Wal Mart Super Center.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
I only call it as I see it.

I'm still wondering what town it is (or you can be vague and supply a region)  that you are an active duty police officer in.

How typical. 

Returning my accolades and acknowledgments of being a policeman with barbs and 3rd grade name calling. 

<---------bong-hitter     :aok

I'm an active duty police officer in Oklahoma. I wouldn't tell you the city either. Mostly because this is my santuary away from that world. I don't have to be a cop here. I can be Rep0.

As far as being anti-police and a pot-head; I don't care. I've flown against you and you're a stand-up opponent. Great fights and always a <S> at the end. That's what matters in this cartoon world we have here. You dogging on the police isn't going to ruffle my feathers at all. There is corruption in a small percentage of every occupation out there. Bad cops, though make up a very small number of the total amount of cops in this country, make us good ones look bad. I will continue to uphold the oath I took and do it with honor and integrity.

<S> Von!

:aok
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:43:21 PM by REP0MAN »
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 06:35:06 PM »
I'm an active duty police officer in Oklahoma. I wouldn't tell you the city either. Mostly because this is my santuary away from that world. I don't have to be a cop here. I can be Rep0.

As far as being anti-police and a pot-head; I don't care. I've flown against you and you're a stand-up opponent. Great fights and always a <S> at the end. That's what matters in this cartoon world we have here. You dogging on the police isn't going to ruffle my feathers at all. There is corruption in a small percentage of every occupation out there. Bad cops, though make up a very small number of the total amount of cops in this country, make us good ones look bad. I will continue to uphold the oath I took and do it with honor and integrity.

<S> Von!

i like that attitude.

you are soooo right, that it only takes a few, to make the many look bad.
 like i mentioned in another forum, i got stopped in my E350 a few weeks ago. it has my shop name on it. so one of somerdales finest decided that i was such a menace to society, that he had to stop me, due to the lack of commercial tags. i still don;t know how much the fine might be, as it's a court appearence required. i'm like WTF? i did nothing to draw his attention, not even speeding. he's just out to generate money for the township. sooo...since that was my only recent dealing with the somerdale pd, what do you think that makes me think of the rest of em?

that being said, i have the utmost respect for the honest cops out there.....you guys have what i would think is the most difficult job out there. (and nowhere near the payscale for what you guys have to deal with)

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »
a crooked cop deserves the same fate as any other criminal.

Nope should be punished more severely. Abuse of the public trust and all.
See Rule #4

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »
But sometimes crooked cops are cool

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
Come to Iowa. Nothing happens here most of the time. :aok
If you build it, They will come. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »

<S> Von!

You have my point, exactly.

First of all, I'm not cop bashing.  I have a neighbor who is a cop and he is one of the laid-back neighbors on the block.  He is nothing like the police I knew as a kid.

If anything, I was breaking balls on Philly cops, because that's what I grew up and had the chance to see as an example, through the "leadership" of Mayors Frank Rizzo and Wilson Good, how some police are not what they are cracked up to be.  Growing up, I saw a lot of shady stuff.  As with anything, there are exceptions to the rules.

To say that I don't like police, in general, would be silly because that is certainly the case.  I completely respect the oath that officers take and I can't imagine that it's an easy job, in any capacity.

The reason I asked about a location is that, depending upon the region where you live, a major crime could range from stolen golf clubs to a triple homicide (which an inner-city cop might need to deal with before his first cup of coffee)

Now that I live in the burbs, police response is much better, and the quality and integrity of the officers is much better.  It's not rocket science.  I also understand the "circle the wagons" response to an derogatory comment about police.  The normal human response is to defend your brothers, but, as with any profession there are good and bad folks who practice it.

I was basically making a tongue-and-cheek joke about the original post in this thread, as in  "It's really that bad in Mayberry, huh?"  Your post was the first, honest, non knee-jerk reaction from an officer of the law that didn't end with a "You are a pot-head, cop whiner" ending.

So I wholeheartedly respond in kind.

<S> Repoman

The thing that amuses me the most are the folks who jump in and hijack with their "All drugs are bad and evil (except the ones we made legal and taxed)" response.  Someone, somewhere, in some way, people are getting hurt because of the evilness of drugs.

Well I say, tell the wife to return all that crap the you got from Wal-Mart for Christmas, because I'll bet that somewhere, at some point, something you have purchased was made in a sweat shop by some 12 year old kid.

Honestly?     Sell holier-than-though, somewhere else. 

A whole new thread could be started on the subject of what is more evil (because of current legal status).  One of the major reasons that the federal government repealed prohibition is because of the amount of, ans new kinds of crime that it spawned and propagated.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.