Author Topic: Who was the base taken from?  (Read 801 times)

Offline xStrato

• Copper Member
Who was the base taken from?
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »
When a base is taken, I would like to see what country it was taken from. This would encourage more people to respond.

example: Nights have captured A*** from the Bishops.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Who was the base taken from?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:46:22 AM »
I don't think it matters that much. If you didn't know who's base it was, that probably means it didn't effect you at all, causing it to not really matter who's base it was.

(not trying to sound mean)  :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
I actually like this idea

would really help on those huge maps
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
why not spend some time doing the "strategic" thing by studying the map that your country's inherent intelligence officers give you?   :huh

why do you want *more* useless text cluttering the buffer?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »
I think the idea has merit.  The hope would be that it has the effect of spreading out the fight and/or breaking up the hordes.  If a large concentration of forces on one front sees that they are losing bases on the other front faster than they are taking them, it may encourage them to flip to "stem the tide."
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »
why not spend some time doing the "strategic" thing by studying the map that your country's inherent intelligence officers give you?   :huh

yes two more words is quite the clutter...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
I like the idea of knowing if the base captured came from my chess piece.  If it was not too much trouble, having the sector information would also be helpful:

Nights have captured A*** in sector 10, 7 from the Bishops.

But if that detracts from the useful text clutter on ch 200, then it can be shortened to:

Nights have captured A*** from the Bishops (10, 7).

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »
Or, you could take the mighty effort to open your clipboard map, scroll around until you found said base, and see where it was and figure out who it belonged to before it was captured.

I wish for something that would point my plane to the nearest enemy when I take off because it's too much trouble for me to look to see where they are.

:noid :noid :noid

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »
Or, you could take the mighty effort to open your clipboard map, scroll around until you found said base, and see where it was and figure out who it belonged to before it was captured.

so you'd rather pull up your map even if you in the middle of doing something to search for a base, instead of them just adding two measly words? What about on the huge maps... it's just a hassel sometimes, this is a fast simple little solution to this, it's not like we're too lazy to search on the map, we're already doing it, its just the convienence factor with this.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »
yes two more words is quite the clutter...

hmmm, you're right...  remove the base captured message in toto.   this should foster communication amongst the hamstardz, yes?    :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »
When a base is taken, I would like to see what country it was taken from. This would encourage more people to respond.

If the base capture part of the game is important to you then you would be paying attention to this stuff and all ready KNOW whos base it was. If on the other hand you are not in to the base capture idea of the game the only time you notice when a base is captured is when it the one you were upping from, or going to. No extra information is going to matter to those that don't all ready care, nor is it going to make then WANT to care any more than they all ready do. So ya its a neat idea, but NO, its not going to encourage more people to respond.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »
I like the idea, wouldn't take much work to implement, and would be rather helpful as you can no longer move to that base with the dot command once it's been captured.  I've always wondered why it wasn't that way already to be honest.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »

Lets not crush his spirit.  ;)
Heres some questions you should take into your mind:
How long have i been playing this game?
Why don't i know what base is mine?
Should i probably start looking at other peoples ideas and then post new threads?

Don't be down. My ideas aren't always the best.
No seriously they aren't.

-FYB
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:40:03 PM by FYB »
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »
Why would anyone care if their team loses a base?  ....you only have 90+ left ......It's pretty hard to get excited about that.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »

Can't be any worse than the Attention Defict AAdeath typing in all caps on rook green.   Can't be any worse than reading TriplCry piss people off on Rook green and wonder why noone helps him?  

Those two and valdals clutter the buffer more than anyone.    The sad thing is, Rooks encourage and accept it.    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC