Author Topic: AVA Development Group  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
AVA Development Group
« on: December 30, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
Anybody still a member of that thread?

Maybe squads that are interested in participating in the AVA should elect a member or two at most to participate in that thread.
Interested non squad fliers should participate too. Just a suggestion but if squads would elect a representative to participate in that forum to bring up ideas and concerns maybe we could cut down on the purse fights on the boards. It wouldn't hurt to try and have one or two of your squad's cooler heads and better communicators to voice your groups ideas, likes, dislikes, and wishes. Maybe it would cut down on the fighting and snipping and actually lead to less people feeling like they have a vested interest in the AVA. The reps would need to be open minded and listen to other groups ideas as intently as they give their own.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: AVA Development Group
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »
It would be nice to have the group going again.

However, I hate to say this because it can be taken the wrong way...I think it should be limited to people who are truly willing to commit to flying in the AvA.  We don't need big personalities who bail or start flaming as soon as their vision isn't universally accepted...  People who can actually understand the concept that people who disagree aren't wrong, they just see things differently.  lol  People who can debate without flinging poo.
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 05:11:35 PM »
People who can actually understand the concept that people who disagree aren't wrong, they just see things differently.

Good point, I agree 100%.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
 Buster and I,Gava if he's interested. we will represent the 49th  :salute

Edit: for gramatical errors.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:19:25 PM by fudgums »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »
Anymore intrested?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:03:20 PM »
Who has the final say on who gets in or not?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
Hitech  :lol

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:26:11 PM »

bear76

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 10:38:07 PM »

Elvis......
Duke

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
Anybody still a member of that thread?

Maybe squads that are interested in participating in the AVA should elect a member or two at most to participate in that thread.
Interested non squad fliers should participate too. Just a suggestion but if squads would elect a representative to participate in that forum to bring up ideas and concerns maybe we could cut down on the purse fights on the boards. It wouldn't hurt to try and have one or two of your squad's cooler heads and better communicators to voice your groups ideas, likes, dislikes, and wishes. Maybe it would cut down on the fighting and snipping and actually lead to less people feeling like they have a vested interest in the AVA. The reps would need to be open minded and listen to other groups ideas as intently as they give their own.

This is too vague of a statement.  What exactly is the goal or focus? Why does it need to be formalized as opposed to being handled in the squad forums, cross-squad, to address the squad level isses (which  can have an impact on gameplay in the arena, positively or negatively?)

If it's for arena settings and planesets, then join the AvA staff, or continue in the AvA forum to present your views and opinions, just like anyone else.

Closed door meetings by a select few to determine the fate of the general AvA, beyond mutally agreeable inter-squad issues?  I'll pass.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »
Elvis is in the room...

Hi Shane

:noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 06:26:13 AM »
This is too vague of a statement.  What exactly is the goal or focus? Why does it need to be formalized as opposed to being handled in the squad forums, cross-squad, to address the squad level isses (which  can have an impact on gameplay in the arena, positively or negatively?)

If it's for arena settings and planesets, then join the AvA staff, or continue in the AvA forum to present your views and opinions, just like anyone else.

Closed door meetings by a select few to determine the fate of the general AvA, beyond mutally agreeable inter-squad issues?  I'll pass.

It was never my intent to make closed door meetings. It should be open to whomever wants to be a member. It's a suggestion to use no more than two squad members to keep the sniping down that sometimes happens and to keep any progress being made on track. All indidvuals are welcome to join.
You raised a good though Shane, maybe it's not needed at all.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 07:43:16 AM »
Shane, Shifty was just suggesting we resurrect something we had in place during the wars.  Not closed door meetings between an elite.  During that time, squads selected representatives and those representatives met and discussed ideas how to make the war better.

I agree, it may not be needed at all.  It might not work this time since we really only have a couple of active squads, and mostly individuals in the arena.
P-47 pilot

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 08:04:26 AM »
Shane, Why are you just trying to stir the pot?