Author Topic: The way we pick aircraft  (Read 798 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
The way we pick aircraft
« on: December 31, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
I think of this alot and i was wondering, what if we picked a country (rotating from one to the next to the next) and each time we came to a country we take the most produced aircraft to see service 1st and just go down the list.... Like U.S.was picked last so there out, and Germany is next (or whoever) and then so on until we run out of country's that produced and used aircraft in the war. then back to the US for the next round.

Then we would always know whats next (just not the when of getting it)

We would also see aircraft that may not have a chance of being "voted" in get in (like the Pe-2 and Tu-2)

Another option (witch i like better) but seems unrealistic that it would happen because of the flack it would make by people who want the uber-latest 51/spit/La/Zero, would be to start with country's in 1939 and make the aircraft that were used at the of the start of the war 1st.
then going to the next latest aircraft to enter service in the war. This being a seemingly straight forward plan, with the only trouble being that we will have a bunch of Biplanes running around until we get to more modern times in our development.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: The way we pick aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »
Another option (witch i like better) but seems unrealistic that it would happen because of the flack it would make by people who want the uber-latest 51/spit/La/Zero, would be to start with country's in 1939 and make the aircraft that were used at the of the start of the war 1st.
:aok :aok
I would love this :aok

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
then going to the next latest aircraft to enter service in the war. This being a seemingly straight forward plan, with the only trouble being that we will have a bunch of Biplanes running around until we get to more modern times in our development.

Sounds like a rolling planeset.  I'm into it, but get for a bunch of late-war-only types to tell you "No."
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
I think of this alot and i was wondering, what if we picked a country (rotating from one to the next to the next) and each time we came to a country we take the most produced aircraft to see service 1st and just go down the list.... Like U.S.was picked last so there out, and Germany is next (or whoever) and then so on until we run out of country's that produced and used aircraft in the war. then back to the US for the next round.

Then we would always know whats next (just not the when of getting it)

We would also see aircraft that may not have a chance of being "voted" in get in (like the Pe-2 and Tu-2)

So divide the plane set?
I see no point, even though its a good idea. Nobody or not many people play the Early or Middle arenas. It be like adding and deleting planes from here and there for nothing much.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean delete the late war planes we already have (that would just be stupid), rather adding earlier planes first from now on.
Furthermore, I'd imagine the lack of players in early war has a lot to due the limited planeset :aok

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:42:57 PM »
Ya that's why i said it would be the smart thing to do but I'm sure not the most popular. Easy but not popular for the dweebs that seem to have alot of pull for there X-fighters.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean delete the late war planes we already have (that would just be stupid), rather adding earlier planes first from now on. correct
Furthermore, I'd imagine the lack of players in early war has a lot to due the limited planeset :aok
and again correct

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean delete the late war planes we already have (that would just be stupid), rather adding earlier planes first from now on.
You're probably 99.99% correct, i kept the 0.01% just in case i was wrong this way the mob doesn't go after me.

-FYB
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:50:30 PM by FYB »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 03:48:27 PM »
Sounds like a rolling planeset.  I'm into it, but get for a bunch of late-war-only types to tell you "No."

Actually, one would expect HT himself to chime in and shoot this down, as he has in the past.  Do a search. :aok

"Rolling planesets" can be found in the AvA. Which is really what rolling planesets are all about - "historical" matchups. 
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »
Shane its not about rolling plainesets, its about introducing aircraft historically, form 1st to last based on the date they entered the war, we would keep everything we have now, and the next aircraft to be introduced into ace's high would be early war aircraft and we would keep introducing aircraft untill we go to the end of the war thus completing the came with every aircraft used in the war and available to fly. understand what im saying better? Like insted of the next uber aircraft being brought in we would start with the Avia B-534 a pre war czechoslovakian aircraft.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:04:43 PM by USCH »

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
Shane its not about rolling plainesets, its about introducing aircraft historically, form 1st to last based on the date they entered the war, we would keep everything we have now, and the next aircraft to be introduced into ace's high would be early war aircraft and we would keep introducing aircraft untill we go to the end of the war thus completing the came with every aircraft used in the war and available to fly. understand what im saying better?
No, but you sound like you're getting mad.
You're confusing me.
Either way, i agree with shane.

-FYB

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »
I wish you could organize the list the way you want, but I mean all the plans not just your favorites. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 04:07:24 PM »
doesn't AvA do this?
VMF-214'Black Sheep' here since tour 93.

http://www.VMFBlackSheep214.webs.com

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."
— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »
ITS not about rolling plainsets!
im not angry at all guys im just fustrated its about introducing new aircraft to the game, were not taking anything away and were not limiting anything, we are just making an orderly way of developing our next to aircraft to the game. starting with the early war aircraft based on there entry date into the war, and going to the next aircraft after that one is flying in the game along side of our B-17's and La-7s we allready have in the MA.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »
ITS not about rolling plainsets!
im not angry at all guys im just fustrated its about introducing new aircraft to the game, were not taking anything away and were not limiting anything, we are just making an orderly way of developing our next to aircraft to the game. starting with the early war aircraft based on there entry date into the war, and going to the next aircraft after that one is flying in the game along side of our B-17's and La-7s we allready have in the MA.
MAD, ANGRY, IRRITATED

-FYB