Author Topic: Bristol Beaufighter  (Read 204633 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bristol Beaufighter
« Reply #900 on: September 03, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Problem was look at the choices - Meteor? Yak? Me-410?

Personally was hoping the Beaufighter/410 were in the last rounds but it simply didn't get enough votes.

I actually figured the Meteor was going to win, after all ZOMG!! JET!!! Considering the B-29 was voted in over other aircrafts like the He-111, I assumed the meteor was going to win simply because it was a jet.

The fact the 410 won, speaks volumes for those who voted for it, without doing even the slightest bit of research.   The Yak or Meteor would not be hangar queens like the 410.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #901 on: September 03, 2012, 11:17:16 AM »
The fact the 410 won, speaks volumes for those who voted for it, without doing even the slightest bit of research.   The Yak or Meteor would not be hangar queens like the 410.

Well not so sure about the Yak, limited guns - no better then the Yak-9 in the long run - Meteor on the other hand would of been an interesting add - when I was researching it I found it out performed the Tempest in almost every respect, except for turn radius (MkIII of course).

JG 52

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #902 on: September 03, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »
The 410 is a nice addition especially in it buff hunting loadout, but I question the ineffective flaps, as with the updated Ju87.

Beaufighters will stuggle in a fight with the 110Cs we have in game. So I guess some of you chaps will be in for a shock as with some of the 410 voters.  ;)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #903 on: September 03, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »
No one asking for the Beau expects it to be an air to air bird.  What it would be is a really nice multi-role attack bird that can defend itself.  4 20s in the fuselage to get the flak gunners down and a torp would make it a more viable anti-shipping bird then most we have now if not all.  As a special events fan I see all kinds of uses in any number of scenarios from the ETO to the MTO to the PTO and CBI theaters.  As it's service life spans 40-45 it covers a lot of historical ground.

I do believe folks thought the 410 would be more of an air to air bird then it is however.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #904 on: September 03, 2012, 11:30:14 PM »
I go for the Beau not cause the A2A, because that would be a horribly dumb idea, it wasn't meant for that.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
No one asking for the Beau expects it to be an air to air bird.  What it would be is a really nice multi-role attack bird that can defend itself.  4 20s in the fuselage to get the flak gunners down and a torp would make it a more viable anti-shipping bird then most we have now if not all.  As a special events fan I see all kinds of uses in any number of scenarios from the ETO to the MTO to the PTO and CBI theaters.  As it's service life spans 40-45 it covers a lot of historical ground.

I do believe folks thought the 410 would be more of an air to air bird then it is however.

Bingo!    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #906 on: September 05, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »
In some other sims, the beaufighter has superior acceleration down the runway right up to where it runs into a brick wall of air at about 250mph.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #907 on: November 07, 2012, 08:27:06 AM »

I have many, many pages left to add. But I will add them day by day and at the end of each book I will upload the PDF of the full item in all its high detail.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #908 on: November 07, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
that PRU blue is nice :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #909 on: November 07, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »
Gangster black is always nice too  :aok
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #910 on: November 08, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
"The fact the 410 won, speaks volumes for those who voted for it, without doing even the slightest bit of research.   The Yak or Meteor would not be hangar queens like the 410."

Everybody is free to express their opinions and my opinion is that your opinion is BS. I do hope that one was just a momentary brainfart and not your actual thinking.

But good luck with Beau. I bet it will be very much what 410 was not "made" to be.  :lol

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #911 on: November 08, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
"The fact the 410 won, speaks volumes for those who voted for it, without doing even the slightest bit of research.   The Yak or Meteor would not be hangar queens like the 410."

Everybody is free to express their opinions and my opinion is that your opinion is BS. I do hope that one was just a momentary brainfart and not your actual thinking.

But good luck with Beau. I bet it will be very much what 410 was not "made" to be.  :lol

-C+

Karaya's correct.  The majority that voted for the Me 410 probably did so when they saw a post about the various gun packages that were available and didn't really do any research into the plane.  All the threads you saw about the Me 410 prior to its introduction was "Looks at how many cannons it has!", if more people had done some research into the plane and realized it wasn't a very good plane then it wouldn't have gotten the votes it did.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #912 on: November 08, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #913 on: November 09, 2012, 08:25:54 AM »
The 410 won for the same reason that the Yak3 will win.

The voters want latewar planes that are heavily armed and fast.

When the yak3 performs almost exactly the same as the yak9u, we will hear the same complaints as we did about the me410.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #914 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:37 AM »
I would take a Yak3 if  it replaced the Yak9U.

It would have the best cockpit visibility in the game by far for one and if all else were the same, or similar, (to the Yak9U) the turn radii should be better.

There is a certain romance about the Beaufighter and it may have a role in events.......... but its effectiveness was really one borne of operations which avoided all other enemy air contact out side of the odd bomber.

The other attack ac in use in the med through out 44 was the Mossie MkIV FB yet there are not that many intruder AH events designed to make use of it in these roles (where it becomes the star)........... would we so so many more featuring the Beaufighter?

I would rather have a Pe2 or even a Tu2 given the choice..........
Ludere Vincere