Author Topic: Respect - Honor - Fair Play  (Read 8916 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Respect - Honor - Fair Play
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2009, 06:58:27 AM »
Must be one of those AH legends :)

That and a dollar might get you a can of coke. :aok

Is that why they keep flinging those resumes back in my face?

Maybe if I improved my score......yathink?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2009, 08:54:23 AM »
Twizzty  :O

:rofl :rofl :rofl
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Joker2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That's better Lynx.

Kneel before me.
Startin to like you.

:rofl
I WANTED TO BE THE FIRST KID ON MY BLOCK WITH A CONFIRMED KILL!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2009, 09:50:36 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

wrongway

heh that should be my avatar - matches my sig.   :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »
You know whats funny is, most of you people who whine about Vulching and hording, and only think that 1v1 is the only way, actually think that its some how going to help in real life. Yes, I know how to 1v1 in this game, and I know I'm pretty dam good at it. But take this into consideration: I'm 16, would I rather learn how to work with other people interactively in real life, or would I like to be the loner that only knows how to work with himself? Most of you guys who complain about it now, are probably retired and would much rather work alone. As for me, on the other hand, I know that the only way to get around in the world in real life, is to interact.

Like Joker said, anytime you see me in the MA, or DA (it's just Bosco BTW) just PM me, and I would be glad to fight you. Personally, I would rather do it in the DA, were you won't get ganged at the first sign of trouble, insted of the MA, and that's why I fly completely differently in the MA, than I do in the DA.

This is somewhat off topic but I'll comment...

I'm 50 but I built 3 companies from scratch to net yearly revenues of 1MM+ before the age of 40. While teamwork is essential to success the real key to growth is identifying and nurturing those people who will rise above and beyond expectations. The majority of those people are intensely competitive and driven to individual benchmarks to measure success. Any good senior manager knows that eagles don't flock together and that you'll normally only have them for a period of time, but if you harness their talents and nurture them you can reap tremendous rewards before they move on. Every major company on the planet is overburdened by an awful lot of people that "interact". If we view your earlier posts that clearly indicate a focus on numbers vs efficiency and creativity what you see is the real life counterpart of a bloated and non competitive enterprise. The MA has little relevance in gaging a squads actual capabilities anymore IMO.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »

I'm 50 but I built 3 companies from scratch to net yearly revenues of 1MM+ before the age of 40. While teamwork is essential to success the real key to growth is identifying and nurturing those people who will rise above and beyond expectations. The majority of those people are intensely competitive and driven to individual benchmarks to measure success. Any good senior manager knows that eagles don't flock together and that you'll normally only have them for a period of time, but if you harness their talents and nurture them you can reap tremendous rewards before they move on. Every major company on the planet is overburdened by an awful lot of people that "interact". If we view your earlier posts that clearly indicate a focus on numbers vs efficiency and creativity what you see is the real life counterpart of a bloated and non competitive enterprise. The MA has little relevance in gaging a squads actual capabilities anymore IMO.

Don't know any company that thrived without teamwork or basketball team or football team or even building a house etc.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:05:11 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »

A " good senior manager "  also knows the origin of " Eagles don't flock, you have to find them one at a time."..H. Ross Perot.  :P

"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »
Don't know any company that thrived without teamwork or basketball team or football team or even building a house etc.

A lot of people confuse teamwork and leadership. Like I said this is a bit off topic, but since Bosco is young and his intentions are obviously good I thought it worth the post. In the business sense I am an "eagle". I made other people significant money in return for guidance and mentoring, built my own companies and in turn mentored over a dozen others who now run successful businesses. Teamwork evolves from leadership and leaders march to their own cadence. I would hazard to guess that a significant % of the lone rangers bosco refers to are reasonably successful IRL. That in no way is meant to imply that others who play differently are not. I just know from personal experience that most "eagles" I've met gravitate to individual recreational activities like golf, flying, motocross or other individual types of challenge. True teamwork flows from leadership not interaction. As one of my personal mentors often said...if you need to look back to check if they're coming then your just wishing...not leading.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »

companies need a basketball, and football team to thrive? and they have to build a house? dammit!! that's what i've been doign wrong!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
companies need a basketball, and football team to thrive? and they have to build a house? dammit!! that's what i've been doign wrong!!

Poorly worded  :lol :lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Joker2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »
A lot of people confuse teamwork and leadership. Like I said this is a bit off topic, but since Bosco is young and his intentions are obviously good I thought it worth the post. In the business sense I am an "eagle". I made other people significant money in return for guidance and mentoring, built my own companies and in turn mentored over a dozen others who now run successful businesses. Teamwork evolves from leadership and leaders march to their own cadence. I would hazard to guess that a significant % of the lone rangers bosco refers to are reasonably successful IRL. That in no way is meant to imply that others who play differently are not. I just know from personal experience that most "eagles" I've met gravitate to individual recreational activities like golf, flying, motocross or other individual types of challenge. True teamwork flows from leadership not interaction. As one of my personal mentors often said...if you need to look back to check if they're coming then your just wishing...not leading.
I have run a couple businesses myself.
While i understand where you're coming from with you're statement. I would just like to say this No 1 person makes or breaks a large co. and when i say large company I'm talking about having employees in excess of 50 people.
Which BTW in the Grand Scheme of things is a very small Co.

The Co's I work with now are Fortune 100 Companies with thousands of employees.
I can tell you this No 1 Person is responsible for thier success or failure their leader can only affect that not insure it.

Ultimately what you said holds water but does not and will not insure success.

Leadership Combined with talent Does.
I WANTED TO BE THE FIRST KID ON MY BLOCK WITH A CONFIRMED KILL!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2009, 12:34:18 PM »

I've been in VP and SVP positions in companies ranging from under $1MM to over $1.5B (and run my own business for a couple of years) at various points throughout my career.  The "eagles" don't flock together.  They compete with one another for corporate resources and bragging rights.  Their job is to provide the vision that moves the company forward and isn't as much to be a team player as it is to create the team that fulfills the vision.  Oh, and BTW, Im a loner in AH too.  I prefer it that way.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:39:24 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
I ran a lemonade stand once.  I feel it is very relevant to this conversation.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2009, 01:14:47 PM »
"There is honor in losing. Which is we all know completely rediculous. But there is, however, honor in making a loser feel better."

---Michael Scott
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***