Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
WTF?
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:08:50 AM »
I was sooo looking forward to the start of the new camp today until I logged on and found NDIsles in one arena and Uterus in the other.  I was so disappointed I felt like cancelling my account.

I logged off almost immediately and went to watch a movie, eat dinner and take a nap on the sofa hoping that when I returned one of the maps would be reset.  No such luck.  Worse yet, both maps were hoard vs hoard on both sides.

Unfortortunately, today was my best shot at getting in some playing time for the next week and I just couldn't stomach playing on these tired old maps.  I tried to give it a go but my heart wasn't in it.  I especially enjoyed having my 12 cleared for me.

Maybe I'm just burning out.  The BBs don't hold much interest for me anymore either.  In another thread I was kidding when I said NDIsles, Uterus and Baltic here we come.  If that's the best AH has to offer I'll be out of here.

My worst AH nighmare became reality today.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: WTF?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:14:33 AM »

I tried to stop him but I was too late.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:29:11 AM »
classic burnout syndrome.

take a break from the game. that's the best thing you can do at such a point.

been there, done that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:55:36 AM »
I know how you feel. I went to the uterus map even though I hate it. I became agitated and got crappy with the LTAR's and some guy named dandruff. I'm such a jerk. I agree totally with Lusche, and as far as these boards go, there is way too much phoniness here. It's like being caught in some weird version of a Chip and Dale cartoon. Good luck to you. :salute

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »
NDilse is the best map in-game IMHO
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »
Baldie...
IMO, of course, the arenas are what they are..... We did have a Holiday and we did get to play, even my ISP isn't this reliable. I for one know I get tired sometimes and even now often only log on for Squad dooty!   :D  Yet, I usually have a blast doing what we do...fly, blow stuff up, shoot people down, and get shot down and do it with old friends and maybe meet new ones. It's entertainment.

I completely agree you may need a break. Closing an account only means a start over and maybe losing your Handle. A number of my squaddies don't fly often but maintain their accounts-just in case they need a fix.
I hope your decision is a wise one and makes you happy.

I hope you don't hold that against HTC, as they deserve a holiday off as well.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 07:31:04 AM »
Funny....I thought NDIsles was a nice change of pace.

Go have some cookies and warm milk.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 09:14:42 AM »
Funny....I thought NDIsles was a nice change of pace.

Go have some cookies and warm milk.

Forget the  :O "warm milk"...up here (Vt.) Ben & Gerry's  rules as the # 1 comfort food.   :aok
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »
Maybe I'm just burning out.  The BBs don't hold much interest for me anymore either.  In another thread I was kidding when I said NDIsles, Uterus and Baltic here we come.  If that's the best AH has to offer I'll be out of here.

You posted 22 times in the last three days. 10 yesterday, 10 the day before that, and 2 so far today.

Doesnt sound like "lack of interest" to me. :lol But I'll be the first to beg you to stay. :huh
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 09:29:53 AM »
      There was a good dog fight over tank town and great GV action last night. Perhaps coming down off your perch and mixing it up in the dirt will give you a different experience in the game. Life is a bowl of cherries and sometimes you have to deal with the pits. :D
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »
I think these maps are good 163 practice maps. They are small and you can usually reach some action with it. Be very gentle with the stick at high speed or you will soon be in the tower.

INFIDEL>

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
 AH is a bowl of cherries and sometimes you have to pick the spits. :D

fixed.   :aok

Happy Zazen?   Free sig material for you.   :devil
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:02:09 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »
Well if theres a choice between the large TT maps with 300 bases and the maps we have now i'll take the ones we have up now the large maps are a dissapointment all the way around.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 10:08:31 AM »
I love the lake uterus map.   There is nowhere to hide,  so it forces the players to actually fight.  Even the milk run toolsheders have to fight for their bones.  I for one say you are wrong about this map.

Frankly I think the giant maps suck.  Trying to find a fight is impossible.  You see a full red bar ...take off ....fly to it ...when you get there the enemy is gone.  Rinse repeat till bed time .....at least on lake uterus you can find the enemy ....if they want to play ...they MUST come out and fight.  Whats wrong with this?

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »
i know dude, i tried to hang myself with the usb cable to my CH HOTAS but it broke. So i started flying and forgot about it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.