Author Topic: The Five Stages of Aces High  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Re: The Five Stages of Aces High
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
Filth definitely nailed my progression through the years. That is excatly what my timeline would look like.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 12:52:02 PM »
On rolex' chart I see myself as long since riding in catagory 5 with occassional, usually unwarrented trips backs to stage 2 :lol
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 06:20:39 PM »
Stage 7: Start a long flight, minimize the game… Shop on ebay… Wonder what that extra tab is on the bottom of the screen… Click on it and remember you were playing Aces High.

And the best-case scenario… Realize you got a kill while you were AFK.

My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 12:52:37 AM »
I believe this one is circa 1998 (AW).  I always liked this progress list.

[Class 1] fluffluffluff'n Dweebs:

These "pilots" have no idea how to fly and their first kill is probably one of their teamates. Their first contact with other pilots looks something along the lines of ''''''///@%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%SFA@#%%!@!!. They never stop getting vulched, other players from the other classes always like to see these guys log on. If they dont get some training or help soon they usually lose interest or get pissed off and leave the game alltogether.

[Class 2] Plain old Dweebs:

They have figured out how to get a kill and usually do one of two things; 1. They become a buff "artist" and usually join people as a gunner or decide to milkrun ungaurded bases; 2. They become a poser or a follower and hang around with some of the better pilots picking off the wounded. They usually try to start a squad and then ask everyone they see in HQ to join whether they know them or not.

[Class 3] Vulch/Alt/Gang Dweebs:

These pilots have learned that the easiest way to get a kill is to always have the advantage. To repay their old "buddies" they like to setup the enemy and call it roping. The only real rope they know is to go up and stall, zoom the enemy, go up and stall, and continue that process thinking they are kicking their ass. The ***** tulips and runners fall into this class. They think that the more points they have the better they are.

[Class 4] Furballers:

When Class 3 has learned that nobody really respects the way they fly, they usually will fall into this class and prove themselves worthy. They will go into a fight no matter what. This class hates BnZers and would rather die in a 5 on 1 then land 8 kills. They have found the true sence of the word "FURBALL". I respect this class just as much as Class 6.

[Class 5] ACE (Alt Monkey):

This class knows how to manage E and how to use ACM to the point where they are just about unkillable. Any time they die they usually come up with an excuse like "the phone rang". They will never admit they ****ed up. Just a little different then Class 3, they are both point mongers except the ACE cares about his ratio too. This is how they can tell if they are any good, if they have more kills then deaths and more then a 1:1 land/kill ratio.

[Class 6] Vet:

These pilots you will usually find dieing for anyone. They can pork, kill, BnZ, rope, just as long as it gets the job done. They dont care if they die in a buff or in a spit, they are there to have fun with their squadies and teamates. These pilots recognize skill and are usually the most benificial to their country. They like to go up against the pilots from classes 3 4 and 5.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »
I'm still looking at GOAL'Ys Avetar or whatever you call that picture......
<S> 999000

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:29 PM »
I believe this one is circa 1998 (AW).  I always liked this progress list.

[Class 6] Vet:

These pilots you will usually find dieing for anyone. They can pork, kill, BnZ, rope, just as long as it gets the job done. They dont care if they die in a buff or in a spit, they are there to have fun with their squadies and teamates.

These pilots recognize skill and are usually the most benificial to their country.

Guys from Class 4 hate guys from class 6

I started in AW and learned this class first with the RANGERS then brought it with me to the MAW. Score then meant nothing to us and geting the job done always took priority. We all flew that way back then and I've never looked back since but then again I would not call myself a vet in the way of being smart sim pilot. Being not overly cautious means I'll probably never be a great sim pilot. heheh

I hardly ever land and usually take on more than i can handle. I still fly the same way I started after all these years but with a little more experience now. My new squad RV likes to run missions and try to make it home in a group. Maybe it's time I started trying to learn something new  :lol

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »

Stage 6

Work on Leadership skills within the community. Organize missions in the short term or organize events over the long term and carry them out to enhance the Fun Factor of this game for yourself and other players. This changes the face of the game for all, for the better IMHO  :cool:

My goal is to get to stage 6 and hang there for quite some time if I ever get that comfortable with this game. Right now I am at the stage where there is a pretty serious Gravity Well around my AC. I recognize it and am working to reduce it, with some minor successes to date.  :cool:

For example there are some pretty great people flying this game that are at Stage 6. Like those that are running the MOMs, guys like Trukk that ran the HARM missions, and guys like Thundregg, Falcon23, ghi to name a couple I know of. I fly Bish so I only really know those at stage 6 in the Bishlands. :cool: However I know there are many others in Rookland and Knightland as well. I know because I encounter their missions and usually die a white knuckle death... lots of fun though  :cool:

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
I have to personally say Im CLASS 7: I OWN ALL :D
Nah jk I like talking crap just to get a good fight stirred up but I love furballing and love to pick so where do I fall.... :huh
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
I have to personally say Im CLASS 7: I OWN ALL :D
Nah jk I like talking crap just to get a good fight stirred up but I love furballing and love to pick so where do I fall.... :huh

Off the side of the map...............JK

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »

Off the side of the map...............JK
Found myself there plenty of times killing my shade account :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »
I'm still looking at GOAL'Ys Avetar or whatever you call that picture......
<S> 999000

Here's the full sized pic for ya...

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2025/oldleghumperga3.jpg
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
GOALY..I love you!
<S>999000