Author Topic: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!  (Read 8333 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 01:29:30 PM »
Excellent job. I would disagree about the IL-2 being dominating. Yes the airplane itself is but players are adopting tactics to it and many GV offensive actions now bring wirbels with them, and wirbels are IL-2 killers. That and there seems to be a bit more organization and teamwork, guys are bringing in VH supplies...ect

IF? There is air superiority, AND, there are mostly tanks in an attacking group? The IL-2 is very dominating. Most of the time I dont even bother upping ords with them. However if there is a large enemy fighter presence its difficult keeping an IL-2 focused on armor. All in all the 37mm IL-2 and the wirbels have enhanced the game , I believe. The LA-7 usage reflects what we'd already talked about. Does that sharp drop spike coincide with the LA being remodeled?

Thanks.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
I've also noticed more mustangs in LW  :mad: but their K/D is way down the line. So maybe they're not as "uber" as some would have us to believe?

New guys.  Remember...a lot of kids come in and instantly up a 51 (mainly because it's pre-selected) because it was "the best fighter of WW2"

P.S. did anyone notice the Rooks K/D compared to the other countries?  :P

I did.  I wouldn't say it's because we have the best sticks...but...look at our opposition  :P

So much for the argument that there's really no difference between the chess pieces.  When I flew as a knight, I was always dismayed to see the Rooks approaching 5k ft higher than what I considered a high perch against the Bishops. 

Bish have become the new rooks so to speak...I always find bish higher than me
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 01:36:38 PM »
Outstanding job Lusche..as usual :salute The top K/D going to the 38J came as quite a surprise to me. I've also noticed more mustangs in LW  :mad: but their K/D is way down the line. So maybe they're not as "uber" as some would have us to believe?

The Pony "suffers" from having a great name. Everyone new to AH has heard about it, most know from history channel it's the best fighter of WW2 (snicker) , and it's an icon to all those American noobs joining the game. And huge popularity means many, many average and sub-average players, that vastly outnumber the AH vets flying th 51D

The 38J the opposite - the 38's aren't that much of a public icon (beyond WW2 aviation nerds, that is), so it doesn't appeal to the masses as much. And new/average players that do hop into the 38 usually perfer the 38L, partly for being more suited to air to ground work, partly because "later = better". This results in the SAPP having the opportunity to have a big impact on the 38J k/D. In 2007 , the 38J's K/D rank had been lower.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:44:32 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »
I believe. The LA-7 usage reflects what we'd already talked about. Does that sharp drop spike coincide with the LA being remodeled?

Yes.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »
The Pony "suffers" from having a great name. Everyone new to AH has heard about it, most know from history channel it's the best fighter of WW2 (snicker) , and it's an icon to all those American noobs joining the game. And huge popularity means many, many average and sub-average players, that vastly outnumber the AH vets flying th 51D

The 38J the opposite - the 38's aren't that much of an public icon (beyond WW2 aviation nerds, that is), so it doesn't appeal to the masses as much. And new/average players that do hop into the 38 usually perfer the 38L, partly for being more suited to air to ground work, partly because "later = better". This results in the SAPP having the opportunity to have a big impact on the 38J k/D. In 2007 , the 38J's K/D had been much lower.

When I first started playing AHII, I found the 38s to be the most stable planes in the game as a gun platform. I had played sims before, so I knew how to get on someone's tail, I just couldn't hit them (sadly.)

I got an old film from about late 2006 to early 2007 of me killing a B-24 in a 38L. The 38L and 38J were my two main rides for a long time till the La-7 and N1k got a hold of me in November of last year. Then... the Jug, F4U, P39, P38, P51, and F4U again.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »
Hey... This American noob's first flight was with an F6F off a carrier! :D
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »
Lusche can you explain me what an "introsuction" is ?

:D

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
I think the high K/D of the 38J and the stepped up usage of the F6F directly relates to the dedicated MW arena people. Both planes have outstanding ord loadouts and can hold their own very well against any plane in the MW plane set. This makes them a great all around aircraft. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 02:00:43 PM »
The CV planes seem to feature higher in the usage charts than I would expect. Possibly it is due to the short nature of CV flights upping the numbers of kills and deaths per hour. Take off adjacent to an enemy field, straight into a fight, get shot down, up again and so on. Land planes have on average longer flight times on offensive sorties.

Not only that I have a mission I post called........F6. Then Ghi has a mission and Joker has a mission all incorporating the F6. Just outstanding mission plane.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »
I think the high K/D of the 38J and the stepped up usage of the F6F directly relates to the dedicated MW arena people. Both planes have outstanding ord loadouts and can hold their own very well against any plane in the MW plane set. This makes them a great all around aircraft. :salute

The stats that Lusche posted are LW stats.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 02:09:56 PM »
The stats that Lusche posted are LW stats.

Well....so much for my brilliant theory  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
Lusche can you explain me what an "introsuction" is ?

:D

Me fail English? That's unpossible!  :D

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 02:37:47 PM »
look what happened to the il2 percentage of gv kills after the update those 37 kill tanks so well
the rooks always go in at atleast 7k to 10k we always do that and we have always worked to gether
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:42:40 PM by splitatom »
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »
Great work.  Thanks for devoting your time and the for the clear explanations.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »
The 38 jocks will reign supreme :devil
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer