Author Topic: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!  (Read 8329 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 03:51:15 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

You can see the popularity of EW & MW arenas is quite limited. But quite interesting is the peak in MW usage in Tour 106, because that's exactly when the threads about the decline of the MW in regards of player quality & behaviour appeared.  ;)

Did you mean the decline of player quality in LW?  I remember a lot of good posts being made  from 104 to 106 about MW.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
Lusche: thanks for all the work.

Re: Fighter K/D.  Why is the Spit XIV perked?  It seems way out of place to be perked.

Re: Country K/D. Do you have data on total sorties by country?  It seems to me that Rooks are often in the majority and it also seems to me that people in the majority often win (fields and fights).

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »
Nice job Lusche  :salute
Now we know what the average K/D per plane is. Then the individual difference from average is the MAN.. and not the plane, right ;)

I know for fact that most Finns fly in Rooks... but I did not know it made such a difference  :rolleyes: ;)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »

Re: Fighter K/D.  Why is the Spit XIV perked?  It seems way out of place to be perked.

And the P-38J seems to be first in line to be perked...

Three kinds of lies; Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
Rooks=shade vulchers

:noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 04:58:13 PM »
Lusche, you are the man for doing this.  Very cool stats to investigate!  :salute

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
It seems to me that Rooks have always had the largest concentration of good sim pilots. I had the opportunity to frequently switch sides between 104 - 106 and definitely noticed a difference between the three countries in their ability to communicate, (check6's, who needs help and where ect.) Take bases and organize missions.

I'm not saying the other countries don't have good sim pilots, I'm just saying there seems to be more on the rook side.

Like most countries, Rooks seem to go through phases of not being and being organized when it comes to controlling the map. The last few tours, from my prospective anyway, has been more about furballing. Time zones and time of year have a lot to do with these fluctuations as well. (east, west and over seas)

Bish seem to have the most organized attacks and do communicate well. Knits mostly seem scattered and confused most of the time with a short attn. span. Communication seems to have never been their strong suit. They hold their own of course and have some great squads but I think they may suffer from a lack of country structure.

Normally it seems that the country with the most rounded players and squads for the month do best. What I mean by this is if you have 10 squads that like to take bases and 10 squads that like to furball and 10 squads that take charge and do it all (GV, bomb, Defend, Take bases, organize missions, do fighter sweeps, vocal on country channel and able to command) Its better than having lopsided #'s like lets say, more furballers than anything else  :frown:

I respect the majority of this community and their squads. I'm not picking on anyone or any squad. I was just making an observation and sharing my opinion.

:angel: :salute

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »
FWIW,I would like to also see if possible,MAP resets by country...I think that would be very interesting..

Falcon23

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »
Really cool Lusche, Some I could have guessed and some were surprising. It's amazing how the updates effect plane usage as much as they do.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »
Interesting to see how much the WW changed the ground war. Personally I think she should be perked. Wasn't the Wirblewind even rarer than the Ostwind?

I'd also be curious to see what would happen if HTC ever gave us the AP + HE mixed load the B-25H DID carry (documentation is linked on the Air and Vehicles board somewhere) for the 75mm. Those five AP rounds would make a difference since the 25 would no longer have to get suicidally low and close to punch through the armor.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Curlew

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 06:24:04 PM »
should get a break down of kills per squad, and then one by kills per squad percapita
It is I, Ens. Pulver! And I have just thrown your palm tree overboard!
Quote from: Helm
The best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Callsign---Curlew

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »
A lot of great info there Lusche!  ty

How long did it take?
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »
Very interesting stats Lusche, nice job. :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 07:03:10 PM »

Chog anyone?
See Rule #4

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
P38J having the highest k/d ratio among non-perked planes did not surprise me. Dedicated P38 drivers have been around long enough to know ACM very well. Given that many new players fly the P38L in missions and as an ord platform, only true dedicated P38 pilots fly the J. Albeit I fly the L, I didn't find the J a surprise.