Author Topic: Film viewer trouble  (Read 379 times)

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
Film viewer trouble
« on: January 17, 2009, 07:32:10 AM »
Okay this is getting irritating.  My film viewer file is broken.  As soon as I load a film I see a view looking straight down at the pilots seat.  When I play the film it rapidly flashes through several view directions over and over then simply stops responding, usually stuck in some kind of sound loop.  Any suggestions would be helpfull.  I like the film viewer, reviewing my films helps me to fly better.
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Film viewer trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:15:17 PM »
Try installing AH in a new location, and running that film viewer as is?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 01:09:01 PM »
one of my computers is having trouble opening it entirely. It opens just a tiny bit (shows the window frame), then the error window pops up showing it can't be opened.

Will deleting AH entirely and downloading it again perhaps solve that problem? There's no specific error code (even after the for specifics click here prompt).
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
Have you tried setting the film viewer to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 04:45:13 PM »
I'll try, thanks :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 02:01:51 AM »
Okay this is getting irritating.  My film viewer file is broken.  As soon as I load a film I see a view looking straight down at the pilots seat.  When I play the film it rapidly flashes through several view directions over and over then simply stops responding, usually stuck in some kind of sound loop.  Any suggestions would be helpfull.  I like the film viewer, reviewing my films helps me to fly better.

What's your operating syste Cee? Vista has some issues with installation regarding where it installs certain programs that have been addressed in another thread I believe. Wish I knew I would point you there.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 01:27:32 PM »
The problem with default installs on Vista is with the virtualstore. Im not sure how it works in detail but with making film in particular it takes a lot more time (for a computer) to access files. It should not introduce program lockups (why I didnt recommend that in this thread) but stuttering can occur if you install AH to the default location with Vista. Also if you have a separate hard drive it makes things much easier on the OS (decreases lag and stutters) to install to a second hard drive (use a fast drive too). Adding a page file from the virtual memory manager applet to every hard drive (min: 1-1/2*RAM max:3*RAM) also helps to remove stutters.

I learned that using FSX and reading up on optimizing that game and when I applied it to AH things got absolutely smooth.

If you are on a multi-core processor I think you should run the film viewer in compatibility mode anyway (Intel or AMD and whether on Vista or XP). I also recommend doing a cold and dark start of either Windows before starting online play because I think it makes things easier for Windows to manage AH that way.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.