Author Topic: Microphone  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
Re: Microphone
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »
yeah....so thats it
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »
Not an expert on integrated sound but I think you have two sound processes (drivers) trying to work for you at the same time.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
So what do I do to resolve that
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »
If you have the drivers to your onboard sound then you can uninstall all sound drivers and then afterward reinstall your onboard sound drivers.

At least that would get rid of the drivers that are possibly conflicting. Remember, only do this if you have the drivers for your motherboard's onboard sound chip.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
i dont think i have drivers
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 05:15:44 PM »
Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to see if they have drivers for your onboard sound.
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 05:17:26 PM »
ok the manufacturer of this PC is  Dell, so i go to that website?
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
Yes, go to their website and scroll down. Look for this link:

Drivers & Downloads

It's located underneath the, "Support" Category in the link library at the bottom of the page. Once clicked, a new page appears (and a pop-up. DON'T CLOSE THE POP-UP!). Choose the middle selection, "Choose by Service-Tag." Now find your computer's service tag (there is an illustration on how to locate it once you click the button to, "Choose by Service Tag."), enter it into the proper field, and press GO.

Afterward look for Sound Drivers which are similar in comparison to your motherboard's onboard sound chipset.
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
then i shall do that, thanks
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »
If you have onboard sound and a sound card installed there could be an IRQ conflict. If so, you need to disable the onboard sound in your bios. Sometimes they share the same IRQ.

He's using a USB headset and microphone, it won't cause an IRQ conflict with his onboard sound card.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
I have Windows, no sound card, and at first when i statred using it like a year ago it worked fine but after a month wierd stuff started happening

What kind of weird stuff?  From looking at some of the Logitech posts in their forums, it seems they have some issues with their USB headset/mics in applications that use vox.

Since it is a USB headset, it won't cause an IRQ conflict with your existing on-board sound card.  Also, since it is USB and it requires a powered USB port, it maybe an issue of not getting sufficient power.  If you have one nearby or can get access to one, connect a powered USB hub (make sure the hub states 5Volts, which is the standard) to your computer and then plug the USB headset into the powered hub and test it to see if the problem exists.

If it does, disconnect it and again, if there is one available, connect a normal microphone to your onboard sound card and try that in AH and see if that boots you out of the game as well.

It also almost goes without saying that you should make sure that you are using the latest drivers for your USB headset.  You can also test out the microphone using the the microphone wizard in Windows or through the DXDiag applet (click on the Network tab in DXDiag and click on the wizard button).

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 10:28:52 PM »
At least you are using Windows XP. I dont know if it allows you to change the acceleration setting on a USB sound device but I do know on Vista USB headsets put too much load on the CPU which causes slowdowns and game stutters.

You can turn off your onboard sound in your BIOS (if you know how to do that).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 07:08:53 AM »
Ack-Ack, wierd stuff as in whever i attempt to talk it loggs me off, even if i like switched the range talk controll from say, f12 to 6, and i attempted to talk i would still be logged out
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
Er, lol, how do i turn off my onboard sound in my BIOS
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 08:41:12 AM »
Whenever I attempt to use the microphone by pressing f12 or t, it loggs me out of Aces High.  Any ideas on what might be happening?

This happend to me with an older sound card the "wave in " device was checked in the settings
I unchecked it and problem went away
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART