Author Topic: Is it just me  (Read 2107 times)

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Is it just me
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:35:47 AM »
or is it normal guys who cry about HO are ones doing it the most, and only cry when they die trying to ho? have film of guy4 to 5 year player whines about ho every day and have film with him hoing 22 times in 10 mins time. grab hurri try ho rinse repeat lol.

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Re: Is it just me
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:21:19 AM »
you're getting it rod <S>
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:21 AM »
I think the majority of the complaints are from pilots who have no concept of how the collision model works or have no clue how to avoid a ho in the first place and feel helpless.  I prefer that the nme tries to ho on the merge (as long as it isn't on the deck) because I never engage on line and a ho is just a terrible acm decision.  He's taking a very low percentage shot and is giving me a great deal of advantage.  If he hits me, I know he got lucky and 19 out of 20 times he'll miss and die shortly after.  :aok

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:17:45 AM »
Hoing is here to stay.  I hate it and don't do it unless, I've been hoed by same guy or his buddies a few times then I'll do it.  Last week i upped and was getting hoed by these three fellas off a cv.  I told them they don't stop I'm gonna up a Niki and ho the watermelon out of them.  That didn't work so I upped a Niki.  I hoed 2 of them and the third ran like hell.  It was freaking funny.  I wish I could remember there names so I could look for them again.  I will not ho anyone on first merge second merge or tenth merge.  I just try to respect the other players.  I mean you fly 10-15 min just to have some idiot take a spray a pray shot at ya in a Niki or 110 or whatever. 

So if I ho you ingame, its because your flying the same damn plane as the guy who just hoed me twice.
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 05:30:26 AM »
Hoing is here to stay.  I hate it and don't do it unless, I've been hoed by same guy or his buddies a few times then I'll do it.  Last week i upped and was getting hoed by these three fellas off a cv.  I told them they don't stop I'm gonna up a Niki and ho the watermelon out of them.  That didn't work so I upped a Niki.  I hoed 2 of them and the third ran like hell.  It was freaking funny.  I wish I could remember there names so I could look for them again.  I will not ho anyone on first merge second merge or tenth merge.  I just try to respect the other players.  I mean you fly 10-15 min just to have some idiot take a spray a pray shot at ya in a Niki or 110 or whatever. 

So if I ho you ingame, its because your flying the same damn plane as the guy who just hoed me twice.
Ho when hoed I like that choker. Yeah dont ho a 110 duh! few squads well enough said no going there. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 06:27:47 AM »
or is it normal guys who cry about HO are ones doing it the most, and only cry when they die trying to ho? have film of guy4 to 5 year player whines about ho every day and have film with him hoing 22 times in 10 mins time. grab hurri try ho rinse repeat lol.

how many tours did it take to realise this?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 07:56:10 AM »
Many Ho because they have never took the time to learn their plane. They have no idea what its capabilities are. Many start out new and are taken into some squad where kills are more important than the fight. Then they pass along their... "experience" to other new folks. Kind of like a cancer. The only way to help the situation is to donate some time to the TA to help folks move away from bad habits.

I for one will point out anyone that Hos. You never know it might keep someone from waisting their time in the area if they are looking for a good fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »
I think the majority of the complaints are from pilots who have no concept of how the collision model works or have no clue how to avoid a ho in the first place and feel helpless.  I prefer that the nme tries to ho on the merge (as long as it isn't on the deck) because I never engage on line and a ho is just a terrible acm decision.  He's taking a very low percentage shot and is giving me a great deal of advantage.  If he hits me, I know he got lucky and 19 out of 20 times he'll miss and die shortly after.  :aok

HOer always has the advantage.  Don't confuse the reasons for killing someone.  If you killed someone after a HO it is because you were better and not because of the HO.

I offered to try it in the DA before and no one ever accepts.

Tests with someone better than me showed that the HOer had a small advantage over the guy trying to avoid.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »
DONT FALL TO THIER LEVEL, HO is not good ACM, you might get unlucky sometime but just aviod and turn around and own them :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:08:19 AM »
HOer always has the advantage.  Don't confuse the reasons for killing someone.  If you killed someone after a HO it is because you were better and not because of the HO.

Tests with someone better than me showed that the HOer had a small advantage over the guy trying to avoid.

Well ... in order for that test case to work ... you would have to fly like a 2-6 month noob ... seeing that you don't qualify ... no soup for you !!!

Most who start the HO spray from 1K to 800 out, couldn't find their arse with both hands when it comes to ACM, so yes, they do die within 1 to 2 turns 99% of the time.

There is a very finite amount of pilots that really have good ACM skills, and yes, they can go for the HO and if they miss, they can also end up winning the engagement ... the rest will die the majority of the time.

The next time you run into one of those "types" ... message me and I will go to the DA with him/her (if you can get them to) and prove the point.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:23:48 AM »

I'll be happy to test this with you.  I kind of see what you're getting at with the "advantage" claim.  Let's put it to test.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 11:03:28 AM »
I was Ho'd last night and I tried everything to avoid it. I actually was clear of the guy but said hey lets turn and fight. Doh! The only thing I am thinking of right now is what could I have done to prevent it. I have a solution but, I am not going to post here.
I just know that Ho'ing back is not the answer.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »
I try to avoid he HO for the most part but once in a while I'll take that shot, even on an opening merge.  It totally depends on the plane and E match-up and my mood.

The problem after a HO merge is that you usually come back on the target nose to nose having to avoid or take a second HO shot or forward aspect so I'm not sure it gives the HOer any kind of advantage.  I'd rather be turning sooner unless it's just going to be a OPHA shot or if I'm so low on E I have no choice.

I'm by no means elite but if you want to test after 9PM CST I'd be game.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »
Ho's happen.  I try like heck to avoid them, but they still happen on occasion.  Should anyone cry about it?  Nah.  You get a shiny new plane every time you die.  Ain't that cool? :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »
Ho's happen.  I try like heck to avoid them, but they still happen on occasion.  Should anyone cry about it?  Nah.  You get a shiny new plane every time you die.  Ain't that cool? :aok

No.  I WILL cry about it everytime that I get HO'd in a me on multiple situation.  That's just poor form.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.