Author Topic: Is it just me  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: Is it just me
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
the only thing more annoying than HOing is people who dont know what it is..  LOTS of people think that any frontal shot on the inital merge is a "HO" which is retarded..

case in point, I was in a 38 and a 51 comes towards me..  about 2.0 out he starts a shallow dive under me.. I rolled inverted, dove and and put a burst right across the back of the plane as he passed under me, and took off the vertical stab..

I got PMd "nice HO"  

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 11:46:39 AM »
I'll be happy to test this with you.  I kind of see what you're getting at with the "advantage" claim.  Let's put it to test.

Sure, I ll try tonight.  Last time I tried it was with Bighorn. 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 11:49:36 AM »
Well ... in order for that test case to work ... you would have to fly like a 2-6 month noob ... seeing that you don't qualify ... no soup for you !!!

Most who start the HO spray from 1K to 800 out, couldn't find their arse with both hands when it comes to ACM, so yes, they do die within 1 to 2 turns 99% of the time.

Isn't that my point also?  That guy would have died HO or no HO.  The test I did was with Bighorn so plenty of soup for me  :P  The HOer did not always win (except when it was him  :lol ) but there was an advantage to gain from it.  Kind of small since we knew what the set up was, but it was there

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »
No.  I WILL cry about it everytime that I get HO'd in a me on multiple situation.  That's just poor form.

Not excusing it Bald.  As a Spit pilot myself, I avoid all HO's.  A single .30 cal can ruin your fun in a hurry.  Poor form?  Not Sure.  However you hold yourself to a much higher standard than some those that you have run up against.  This is to be commended.

<Salute>

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »
HOer always has the advantage.  Don't confuse the reasons for killing someone.  If you killed someone after a HO it is because you were better and not because of the HO.

In the MA typically the prototypical HO situation I find myself in where I am going to have an advantage is when I dive 2-3k below my enemy and engage off center.  The newb will nose down and try to HO at me.  I guess the advantage is being gained because his nose is pointed down on the merge and not so much since he is actually "hoing".  However, this poor acm decision seems to have a very  high correlation with a pilot who likes to Ho.  If you have a pilot who knows acm and is a good stick and still decides to HO on a regular basis,  :rolleyes: good riddance.

Offline Kostic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
I’m going to disagree with the notion that the “Hoer” has a natural advantage. When someone is coming in at me trying to mow me down I immediately know that I am going to have the inside track on the first turn. Why? Because the attacker is going to fire all the way through the merge. While he is doing that I am moving off our straight line path and setting up for my turn and when he is around 200 in front of me I’m going to begin my turn while he continues to fire in a relative straight line path. While he is thinking about aiming his guns and killing me, I am in my turntrying get on his 6. The idea here is to make sure that you’re merging with the attacker at a high angle preferably above 40 degrees. This does two things, it brings you out of plane so he won’t have a shot and its setting you up for your turn.  Make sure you don’t have a lazy merge or he might get lucky with a fully depressed rudder shot.

Kostic

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »
I went to KOTH before and fought without the fear of ho shots getting me and really had a great time, understanding that not everyone is of a average skill level I feal that people that have been playing for a bit should get angry on 200 and make them feel bad, it will make them think next time and will end up bringing the fight back to Aces High
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
Kostc and Grizz, you guys both assume nubes coming in for the ho.  What I am saying is that they are dead any way and it has nothing to do with their HO attempt.  Assume equal pilots.  Assume you are fighting yourself.  Your HOing self  :lol will have the advantage.

Kostic, in your example, if that was me coming in and saw you starting an early turn, I would hit the breaks and end up nicely at D200 on your six.

Grizz, 2 or 3K bellow?  What makes you think the guy wont just pull up and have all the advantages to himself?

You guys are making way too many assumptions.  The main one is that the HOer is also a nube.  My argument is that the nube was dead anyway, HO or no HO.  Given equal pilots, the HOer gets the advantage.

If you think I am wrong, lets try it instead of wearing down keyboards.  According to you, if I try to come in HO at a merge you should both kill me with ease either by diving under me, or by starting an early turn.  Not that simple

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
or is it normal guys who cry about HO are ones doing it the most, and only cry when they die trying to ho? have film of guy4 to 5 year player whines about ho every day and have film with him hoing 22 times in 10 mins time. grab hurri try ho rinse repeat lol.

Tell him this, you didn't up to only "fight" you upped to shoot down the enemy. So whether it was a good fight or not, if they're dead and you're alive, you came out of it on top.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »
Kostc and Grizz, you guys both assume nubes coming in for the ho.  What I am saying is that they are dead any way and it has nothing to do with their HO attempt.  Assume equal pilots.  Assume you are fighting yourself.  Your HOing self  :lol will have the advantage.

Kostic, in your example, if that was me coming in and saw you starting an early turn, I would hit the breaks and end up nicely at D200 on your six.

Grizz, 2 or 3K bellow?  What makes you think the guy wont just pull up and have all the advantages to himself?

You guys are making way too many assumptions.  The main one is that the HOer is also a nube.  My argument is that the nube was dead anyway, HO or no HO.  Given equal pilots, the HOer gets the advantage.

If you think I am wrong, lets try it instead of wearing down keyboards.  According to you, if I try to come in HO at a merge you should both kill me with ease either by diving under me, or by starting an early turn.  Not that simple

Yeah I agreed with you, read my last post, I said the advantage was probably gained from his nose pointed down, not from the Ho.  You are probably correct Ded.  I think 99% of the Hoers in the MA are the ones who aren't skilled though or are defending a base in a hurri against a horde which is perfectly acceptable imo. 

Oh and as for diving 2-3k below the nme I'm engaging in the MA, I never specified that we had equal E coming in so him pulling straight up wouldn't necessarily give him an advantage, probably would give him a death wish if I followed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:37:24 PM by grizz441 »

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »
how many tours did it take to realise this?
   since about daY 1

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »
the only thing more annoying than HOing is people who dont know what it is..  LOTS of people think that any frontal shot on the inital merge is a "HO" which is retarded..

case in point, I was in a 38 and a 51 comes towards me..  about 2.0 out he starts a shallow dive under me.. I rolled inverted, dove and and put a burst right across the back of the plane as he passed under me, and took off the vertical stab..

I got PMd "nice HO"  

SOO TRUE MANY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A SNAP SHOT REALLY IS

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »

LOL ITS NOT NEWBIES  I SEE GUYS  THAT HAVE PLAYED FOR 5 OR MORE YEARS HO 'ING

when they ho responce is were out numbered or i knew you were going to ho or some other BS these are ones that make me laugh newbie hoing doesn't bother me its just guys who when your fighting 3 or 4 of them u got to duck ho after ho. you get 2 or maybe 4  then off base comes hurri st8 in for ho 1 ping fight over. then he'll brag not so tough now i killed number 1 rank it was easy lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 11:56:27 PM »
Isn't that my point also?  That guy would have died HO or no HO.  The test I did was with Bighorn so plenty of soup for me  :P  The HOer did not always win (except when it was him  :lol ) but there was an advantage to gain from it.  Kind of small since we knew what the set up was, but it was there

Sorry .. Epic Fail !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 01:12:43 AM »
Tell him this, you didn't up to "fight" you upped to shoot down the enemy. So whether it was a good fight or not, if they're dead and you're alive, you came out of it on top.

Fixed

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay